+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

forwarded to visa office newdelhi for further processing

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
Hello Nknvtr:

do we need to fill any form and attach with PP b4 send to them? What is that form? What we need to fill? That info only for Principal applicant or both?

nknvtr

Aug 27, 2009
The passport request letter will have clear instructions. In my wife's case, they asked to fill foreign travel form and this form was sent with PPR letter. Did you get the PPR letter?

JarJes

Mar 22, 2009
Hello Nknvtr:

Thx for ur swift reply.

Not yet...expecting the same by early next week...friend of mine got PPR on last week and told about this Foriegn TRavel Form. But they had a confusion to fill this form as they asked for "you and your spouse" travel history. I told that history of Principal applicant is enough..but it seems that they noted both..just thouight to check with u that what u mentioned...let me knw.

Have a nice weekend...bye now

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
sonimal said:
Hi Nitu82 and pshekhu

have you guys recieved the passports yet??
No Dear :( ...my husband didn't get it back yet....we are praying our status changes this week because it will be almost couple of days shy of 90 days since they have the passport, for some reason I am not very hopeful and already feeling dejected :(

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Friends,
I have a question. Do they send the passport request only by the surface mail or they send also an e-mail requesting the passpost?? I am located in Dubai and i have applied for visa in New Delhi because the office is faster. Any body can suggest?? My application started processing on 23 sept.

sonimal

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Hi nitu82,

Wow am shocked to know this..I really hope it all works out for you next week. Actually, my husband has also submitted his passport for almost a month now, but in between they did ask for another document. So am really hoping he gets the passport back next week.

harupit, in most cases they only send out a letter. but in a very few cases they have also notified by e-mail or phone..i guess it depends on the complexity and urgency of the case but i wouldnt really count on e-mail or phone..as it has happened only in a case or 2.

good luck

soni

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harupit200281 said:
Friends,
I have a question. Do they send the passport request only by the surface mail or they send also an e-mail requesting the passpost?? I am located in Dubai and i have applied for visa in New Delhi because the office is faster. Any body can suggest?? My application started processing on 23 sept.
I have never heard of ND making a PPR by email. Typically you get a letter by registered mail although occasionally they make the request by phone. Your application has only been in process for 6 weeks so don't worry.

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Thanks for reply to ariell and soni. But I am confused on which address they will send the PPR? On my indian address?? On the address I have given in UAE?? or on my wife's address in Canada. Unforutunately there will be no body in canada from next month onwards. They are coming to india for vacation.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harupit:

The PPR will be sent to you, not your wife. You are the PR applicant so it comes to you.

I don't really understand what you did on your application though. You are living in the UAE but provided an address in India? I assume you listed the address in India as your residential address and the UAE address as your mailing address, right? On the Application for PR, they tell you "Write your mailing address, complete with the postal code. This is the address to which correspondence regarding your application will be mailed." so any correspondence will be directed to whatever address you listed as your mailing address.

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
received Good News from Pshekhu
His wife got passport back with visa :).....Congratulations to them!

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi All
Finally they have made decision on our file :)) I am very happy...we still have to receive the passport back but Iam glad they have made the decision :)

canadian_guy

Oct 29, 2009
Hello guys, I need some help.
My wifes timeline is We received your application to sponsor on June 12, 2009
We started processing your application on July 14, 2009
We sent you a letter on July 14, 2009 about the decision on your application
We started processing application on August 6, 2009

My wife got a call from candian immigration on oct8 to have her passport mailed at the delhi office, they recieved her passport on oct13 and now its been a month, we havent heard anything from them. My wife's friend applied a week prior to us and she has recieved her passport with candian visa on it. I am getting little worried.Please help how long do they usually keep passport?

Nitu82

Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2010
Doc's Request.
July 28, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 28, 2015
Med's Request
Oct 22, 2015
Med's Done....
Oct 29, 2015
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi Canadian guy
There are other people who are also in same situation as you and I was one of them. We had a decision made on our file this week but waiting for mail and it is now 3 months since they had my husband's passport. Timeline is different for everyone, most get passport back within 3 weeks, some within 6 weeks and others wait for as long as 3 months
It is not very long for you even though I know how frustrating it is knowing that the case is sincere and straightforward with no problems.
Good luck to you