+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forum for Inland Principal Applicant with Outland Dependents only

Parm86

Star Member
Nov 15, 2018
My AR June 10 2020
AOR 13 Jan 2021
Silent since then.
Principal applicant with spouse outland.
Any idea if IRCC resume files for outlan departments.

harvai2224

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
My AR June 10 2020
AOR 13 Jan 2021
Silent since then.
Principal applicant with spouse outland.
Any idea if IRCC resume files for outlan departments.
In most cases, processing happen at the later end. Meanwhile the best thing you can do it to try being your spouse inland through temporary residence.

Ram_s

Dec 27, 2020
No I have not, We've been told by an agent 2 days ago that everything is pass just and waiting for final review, We been at this stage for the last 3.5 months. So I am wondering if it is the VO (Ottawa) working slowly or because I have a dependent outside Canada
Hi, is there any update on your file ?

Usman582

May 25, 2021
No I have not, We've been told by an agent 2 days ago that everything is pass just and waiting for final review, We been at this stage for the last 3.5 months. So I am wondering if it is the VO (Ottawa) working slowly or because I have a dependent outside Canada
I m also in same boat file is in quie final review last 4 months at ottawa offuce

Fordling

Jun 25, 2018
AR April 7, 2020
AOR October 20, 2020
Medical and Bio valid.
One dependent outland
Nothing yet from IRCC

If I get a pre arrival services letter soon, will my dependent be more likely to get an approved visitor visa?
We've applied twice in the past for study and visitor and both were refused with the explanation being that she might not leave the country once her visa expired.

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
1.Guys any ideas for outland applicant in Canada since Visitor visa is taking too long .
2.Also does reaching out to local MP help
3. Is there a family reunification request available for PR applications
4. Is it ok to travel outside Canada since dependent cant enter while application is in process . Wil this affect application ?

I believe many might be looking an answer to these questions . Any information is highly appreciated.

AOR : Dec 16,2020
Medicals cleared : Jan 20, 2021

No update after that

naren7878

Aug 22, 2021
Inland with 3 outland dependents.

AOR - 7 Apr 2021
ecopr - 10 Aug 2021
waiting for my PR card & PPR for dependents

Q: My dependents have TRV but never entered Canada. TRV issued before pandemic. Are their Visas still valid to travel? I am the principle applicant and ONLY I have received ecopr. Please help.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019

AOR - 7 Apr 2021
ecopr - 10 Aug 2021

Q: My dependents have TRV but never entered Canada. TRV issued before pandemic. Are their Visas still valid to travel? I am the principle applicant and ONLY I have received ecopr. Please help.
@naren7878 I am not an expert but until they get a COPR, TRV is still valid in my opinion.

Could you please share your portal timeline and visa office please?

naren7878

Aug 22, 2021
@naren7878 I am not an expert but until they get a COPR, TRV is still valid in my opinion.

Could you please share your portal timeline and visa office please?
portal timeline:

email from virtual landing unit: aug 1
replied to email: aug 2
portal credentials: aug 2
photo & address upload: aug 3
ecopr: aug 10

VO: no idea

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021

AOR - 7 Apr 2021
ecopr - 10 Aug 2021

When you receive documents for your dependents after the PPR request you will observe that the previous visitor visa will be canceled and they will be issued another single entry TRVs where in Category column it will be mentioned as IM-1 Immigrant instead of a visitor. Along Trvs, they will receive COPRs as well. Don't worry

naren7878

Aug 22, 2021
When you receive documents for your dependents after the PPR request you will observe that the previous visitor visa will be canceled and they will be issued another single entry TRVs where in Category column it will be mentioned as IM-1 Immigrant instead of a visitor. Along Trvs, they will receive COPRs as well. Don't worry
They are planning to travel to Canada in the coming weeks before they receive PPR. My question is, can they travel with the existing Visa or do their visas become invalid, the moment I got my eCOPR!

Kaptaan

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
They are planning to travel to Canada in the coming weeks before they receive PPR. My question is, can they travel with the existing Visa or do their visas become invalid, the moment I got my eCOPR!
I don't know. Ask from any lawyer. What is the rush of traveling on visitor visas when they have COPRs on hand?

VinnyK

Aug 4, 2021
i am very similar situation/dilemma. my wife's SOWP was approved and within two days i received login credentials.
she has submitted her passport for TRV. i am not sure whether she will be able to travel with TRV for a SOWP if i receive me e-copr.