+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forum for Inland Principal Applicant with Outland Dependents only

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
Similar situation, my wife's 16-year-old daughter is in our home country but was included in the MPNP paper-based application, which has been processing for a year now (AORMarch 2020). I had requested for her a travel authorization and student visa but refused both. An agent at the border told us that she will not be able to come (she holds a visitor visa) until they finish processing our application and come to a decision. If she attempts to come to Canada even after Covid restrictions get lifted up, there is a change that she might send back because she does not comply with the "ties to home country rule" anymore. We have not been able to see her for a year by now. This is just ridiculous. On top of that off, I am going through this blog and found out that our application might take longer to be processed. It is just discouraging!

inaaya7786

Mar 1, 2021
yes same here now been 25 months since i applied PR i am inland AINP my wife and daughter lives in india and my wife has open work permit i am trying to bring them back hopefully beganing of april :) i called ircc twise they said my application is on hold until my wife come back to canada. they also said in some cases they do process application if dependent are outland :)

Parth Jani

Feb 8, 2020
Hello All,
I have been following this thread for quite sometime now.
I have my PR application under process for almost a year now and I want to bring my wife to Canada on SOWP.
Can anyone help me wording wise how can I explain about our PR Process on our cover letter and statement of Purpose?

Any help would be appreciated.

Diane6

Mar 17, 2021
AOR - Dec 2019 here.
I know a lot of you have been waiting for way longer time than me, but I still wanna say, I don't know how long I can hold up.
The whole process is just been so frustrating. Nobody cares about our mental health. Canada doesn't care, IRCC doesn't give a sh*t. I'm apart from my husband and my families for over 15 months now. Like whoever stated on the first page, IRCC issued PPR to outland applicants if they are both outland. That just doesn't make a tiny sense. What about us? We have jobs, worked hard, and pay the taxes. We are much more qualified than those who never came to Canada. Am I right?
I just don't get it, I don't get it.
I think we may soon see the news about 'long-wait applicants go mental' , 'suicidal applicants who are away from loved ones' kind of news.
I'm sorry for being so mean and critical here... I weren't like this before. The whole process changed me and turned me to a different person now.
If you don't want me, just let me know! Give me a clear answer! Don't just pretend you don't hear us!
Disappointing, frustrating, exhausting....

Reactions: KingTech

kaur20

Star Member
May 14, 2019
AOR - Dec 2019 here.
I know a lot of you have been waiting for way longer time than me, but I still wanna say, I don't know how long I can hold up.
The whole process is just been so frustrating. Nobody cares about our mental health. Canada doesn't care, IRCC doesn't give a sh*t. I'm apart from my husband and my families for over 15 months now. Like whoever stated on the first page, IRCC issued PPR to outland applicants if they are both outland. That just doesn't make a tiny sense. What about us? We have jobs, worked hard, and pay the taxes. We are much more qualified than those who never came to Canada. Am I right?
I think we may soon see the news about 'long-wait applicants go mental' , 'suicidal applicants who are away from loved ones' kind of news.
I'm sorry for being so mean and critical here... I weren't like this before. The whole process changed me and turned me to a different person now.
If you don't want me, just let me know! Give me a clear answer! Don't just pretend you don't hear us!
I am waiting since nov 2017.

Macot73

Apr 15, 2018
AOR - Dec 2019 here.
yes you are right ....if IRCC don't want me, just let me know ...give a clear answer
I did not se my wiffe and daugther since one year now
I am inland applicant with outland dependants
AR march 2019
AOR may 2019
so exhausting

Diane6

Mar 17, 2021
yes you are right ....if IRCC don't want me, just let me know ...give a clear answer
I did not se my wiffe and daugther since one year now
I am inland applicant with outland dependants
AR march 2019
AOR may 2019
so exhausting
You wife must be exhausted too... I know how that feels. I can only wait for another 6 month maximum. Otherwise, I'd probably kill myself...

Diane6

Mar 17, 2021
Why don’t you guys apply for travel exemption letter. Email them and see , i think it will work.
A friend of mine tried. They did the same thing which is not giving any response. She applied the travel document for her husband three months ago. Nothing so far. It's stated on the website, either ill in hospital need care, or attend funeral, otherwise it's not necessary for travel.

Diane6

Mar 17, 2021
They don't "reject" the visa application, they put your visa application aside, just like what they are doing to us.