+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form imm1394e help please

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
I have been filling my forms in order to send my application asap, but I have some questions about the background information part 2 a) "Have you ever remained beyond the vality of your status, attended school or worked without authorizathion in Canada?
I have stayed beyond the vality of my status because I applied for a study permit extension inside Canada and I was waiting for a decision, but once I got rejected I left the country.
What should I put? Yes? and explain the situation or just no?

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
"I have stayed beyond the vality of my status because I applied for a study permit extension inside Canada and I was waiting for a decision, but once I got rejected I left the country.
What should I put? Yes? and explain the situation or just no?"
From what you've said, you were on implied status (not out of status) in Canada while you were waiting for a decision on your SP extension - you applied before your SP expired, right?
And if you then left Canada promptly when it was refused, the answer to that question is 'no'.

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
"I have stayed beyond the vality of my status because I applied for a study permit extension inside Canada and I was waiting for a decision, but once I got rejected I left the country.
What should I put? Yes? and explain the situation or just no?"
From what you've said, you were on implied status (not out of status) in Canada while you were waiting for a decision on your SP extension - you applied before your SP expired, right?
And if you then left Canada promptly when it was refused, the answer to that question is 'no'.

Yes, I did applied before it expired and actually I talked to an immigration officer who told me that I was allowed to continued studying while the application was examined. Then in the "Previous countries of residence", should I put the lenght of my student visa or just extend it to the date I left Canada?

DepressedMarshmallow

Jul 6, 2017
If I didnt finish that college program due the student visa extension rejected, then I should leave the part of "Education" unfilled right?