+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form CIT 520 timeline

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
From my perspective it's very much to do with (luck) or indeed officer opinion.. My case i never left even Ontario in the past 4 years started working at the same company after 2 months of my landing full record of movement was given to them at the interview time but after 9 months I got a 520 to provide the record again so I am not sure what really triggered 520 and I am not minding that but I don't deserve to wait a year now and nothing happened?

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
From my perspective it's very much to do with (luck) or indeed officer opinion.. My case i never left even Ontario in the past 4 years started working at the same company after 2 months of my landing full record of movement was given to them at the interview time but after 9 months I got a 520 to provide the record again so I am not sure what really triggered 520 and I am not minding that but I don't deserve to wait a year now and nothing happened?
I think it is mostly the officer who conduct the interview. My wife and son had test/interview yesterday in Scarborough. I was present in the interview room. I observed the 4-5 female officer in the open room sitting with normal table and chair without any computer system and they were giving almost all the test passed applicant oath letter after verifying Passports, IDs.. However, I heard 1-2 applicant had to proof their travel which officer might found not convincing. I am not sure what did happen with those applicant. I think might advised them to bring some additional proof etc. But not sure if any CT-520 was issued..

I find Scarborough office is trying to do things faster and hand over oath letter after interview. What is your local office and timeline ?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
So Concerned said:
It sometimes depends on your luck and the officer reviewing your CIT0520 as there are no citizenship judges anymore reviewing the RQs or doing hearing,CIC transferred the judge's roles to a senior cic officer,so I guess now they are more checking than before, so concerned were you employed by this company as an employee meaning you get T4 slips or you are self employed

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In fact CJ was replaced by CIC officer from Aug/Sept onward. Under the new rule, CIC officers in Sydney has more power who reviews, approves the files and leave very little work for local office except test/interview/oath. I think from June applications CT-520 will be issued by CPC, Sydeny before test..

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
It is actually the Senior officers of the local offices will have most of the power that includes issuing and reviewing RQs ,conducting hearings and approving files- that is what CJ were doing previously before the new rule,will give update if anything new comes for my file.The role of Sydney office is to make background & criminal checks and check that the application and documents are complete and then forward it to the local office for the rest.Sydney office may issue sometimes the RQ.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peeps, it would be helpful if you included your local office in your posts. Processing times for CIT 0520, like everything else, vary significantly depending on your location.

In my case, CIT 0520 issued at test (Sept. 11, 2014), documents sent on Oct. 3 and received on Oct. 6 (per Canada Post), documents received Oct. 20 (per CIC's internal notes). No news since. Local office: Edmonton.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think Toronto (Mississauga and Scarborough) could be the fast on CT-520 process specially Scarborough has maximum staffs..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any other 2014 applicants who received CT-520? if so, please share the type of documents CIC identified to provide, your local office and timeline. This will help the 2014 applicants who are waiting for tests..

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
bambino said:
Peeps, it would be helpful if you included your local office in your posts. Processing times for CIT 0520, like everything else, vary significantly depending on your location.

In my case, CIT 0520 issued at test (Sept. 11, 2014), documents sent on Oct. 3 and received on Oct. 6 (per Canada Post), documents received Oct. 20 (per CIC's internal notes). No news since. Local office: Edmonton.
Any news for you?
I have the same situation and almost same timeline
no progress
so frustrating

abcabc2020

Jan 15, 2015
bambino said:

Hi,
what documents were requested from you in the CIT 0520?
thanks

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abcabc2020 said:
Hi,
what documents were requested from you in the CIT 0520?
thanks
Everything that is on the form except records of movement. So copies of passport pages, tax documents, records of employment, provincial health history, rental agreements/mortgage documents.

When I applied in 2012, the application form did not ask for consent for them to get my CBSA reports. I wasn't asked to sign anything to that effect at the interview either, which I found odd since what they seemed most concerned with were a few day trips to the US from 5-6 years ago.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
I got the cit 520 in mail today. Basically they want to know my employment records, rental agreements and passport copies. Some of the stuff I already submitted in the rq form.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is very sad and it looks like they are no longer reviewing the RQs as they have maybe determined that it was too much and too vague. Why would they ask pretty much the same information that was requested in the RQ? This is terrible, terrible...Basically Rqs were just sitting in the dust and no one bothered to look at them.

QAI said:
I got the cit 520 in mail today. Basically they want to know my employment records, rental agreements and passport copies. Some of the stuff I already submitted in the rq form.