+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form CIT 520 timeline

canada lover

Jan 20, 2015
Folks my frustration beyond any word descripts it ... Its absolutely unfair to have us waiting that long 6 months since I sent my requested doc which was already given to the officer during the interview and they left my file for 8 months to send me CIT 520 requesting the same doc again!!!!!! now 6 months gone by and nothing,,,,,,,

0 days out of Canada.
working at the same company after 2 months of my landing in 2010.
sponsored family to get visa
sponsored family member to get visit visa

what shall I expect more? I thought I moved to Canada from third world country will have better, efficient transparent, FAIR transactions but CIC has failed at least with me so far to have me believe my perception...

canada lover

Jan 20, 2015
Folks I must say finally I have relived from my build up pressure for the last almost 1 year .... I have just received the OATH letters for myself and family in the mail.

my sincere hope to all of you folks wish you all the best and good luck in the very near future....

God bless you all :D

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations you are finally done with this painful process. Let us just home that things will start to move very quickly on all CIT0520 cases.

canada lover said:
Folks I must say finally I have relived from my build up pressure for the last almost 1 year .... I have just received the OATH letters for myself and family in the mail.

my sincere hope to all of you folks wish you all the best and good luck in the very near future....

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
canada lover said:

Congratulations. Finally it arrived.

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi Folks,

I am an Indian citizen married to a U.S. citizen. We both arrived in Canada in 2015, attended graduate school, got PGWP and later both of us got our Canadian PRs. We landed in May 2018. My wife went back to U.S. a month after that for ~7 months from June 2018 - Jan 2019, as we had applied for U.S. green card for me. I did get the immigrant visa to US (did not land in the US to convert it to the green card, hence I never held a US green card) but we decided not to go to the US, so my wife came back to Canada and took up a job. We are both now working in Canada.

I have been reading up on this forum and looks like if you have any unusual history you might get a RQ. Here are my questions:

1. Given our history, if we apply for citizenship together after comfortably meeting the residency requirements (jobs to prove that we were really living in Canada), what are our odds of getting RQ or any other delay in citizenship processing?

2. My understanding is that this is how the process works -

Citizenship application -> interview -> <all delays like RQ happen here> -> denial/approval

Is my understanding correct?

3. What are the common delays that usually happen during citizenship applications?

4. What are the current average timelines for various types of delays that usually happen as per 3 above.