+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form CIT 520 timeline

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
djoli said:
this is very sad and it looks like they are no longer reviewing the RQs as they have maybe determined that it was too much and too vague. Why would they ask pretty much the same information that was requested in the RQ? This is terrible, terrible...Basically Rqs were just sitting in the dust and no one bothered to look at them.
the employment records are supposed to be private so i have been told, but to cic that requirement does not apply. i submitted all by tax slips in the rq, the passport i had was valid only till a certain date so they want to know if i had any more passports after that date. they are really scrutinizing applicants.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
QAI said:
the employment records are supposed to be private so i have been told, but to cic that requirement does not apply. i submitted all by tax slips in the rq, the passport i had was valid only till a certain date so they want to know if i had any more passports after that date. they are really scrutinizing applicants.
private from your neighbor maybe. who told you that? Notice of assessment is issued by government agency; same T4. payrolls are available in adp and statistics canada.
CIC is lazy, they ask you to provide them all this paper work, although they can get it by themselves.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is your timeline? has it been 36 months yet? It is really hard to tell unfortunately.

canada lover said:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Folks 5 months since I sent the requested doc and nothing yet one 13 months since I did the test... any advise

bashaclick

Sep 10, 2011
Hello,

I am still waiting reply too, i got cit 520 on Sep 2014, I sent after one month and I waiting what the next step.

seriously I don't know how is CIC working. it's so simple work ,Approve the application or Reject the application. I applied 2013 and I called them 4 days ago they said you are non routine app you must check on 2016.

How much do you think it will take after you sent CIT 0520 ?

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
era1521 said:
private from your neighbor maybe. who told you that? Notice of assessment is issued by government agency; same T4. payrolls are available in adp and statistics canada.
CIC is lazy, they ask you to provide them all this paper work, although they can get it by themselves.
Employment records are confidential according to my company hr.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
I was not aware that a thread for CIT0520 existed in this forum. I was issued one in July 2014 after citizenship test and I was given 45 days to submit requested docs. It was impossible to hit 45 days timeline since I was moving coast to coast during summer.

Finally I was able to submit requested docs in early Oct 2014 and received oath invitation letter last week.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
See if this helps you relate with my case: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/stuck-between-citizenship-test-and-oath-t247388.0.html

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is very interesting. I really hope that our files won't take that long to process. In my case it has been 40 months since I applied so I am hoping that the officer assigned to the case will realize that soon and schedule me for oath.

poison said:
I was not aware that a thread for CIT0520 existed in this forum. I was issued one in July 2014 after citizenship test and I was given 45 days to submit requested docs. It was impossible to hit 45 days timeline since I was moving coast to coast during summer.

Finally I was able to submit requested docs in early Oct 2014 and received oath invitation letter last week.

canada lover

Jan 20, 2015
that's good to know that it took them from oct-end of jan to issue you oath letter I am hoping that we will receive ours too I sent the requested documents later September and nothing so far.

may we know your timeline and office please..

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Timeline and details listed on this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/stuck-between-citizenship-test-and-oath-t247388.0.html

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
poison said:
Timeline and details listed on this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/stuck-between-citizenship-test-and-oath-t247388.0.html
Congrats
You are the only person that I know who received that 520 thing and got an invitation for oath

Hope I will get it soon

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My update on CIT 520

I gave test on Jan 20 (scored 20/20) but did not got the oath invite during the interview. I have 2 pages of entry/exit in my residency calculator and the officer told me they need to verify my dates. On Jan 30 I got CIT 520 form asking me to explain missing date. I sent the explanation on Jan 31. Today I called CIC to check if they received my letter and to my surprise the call center rep told me that they received, my application is approve and they have already sent me oath invite schedule of Feb 28 and I should attend it even if I do not receive my letter by then.

So to all you guys with CIT 520 don't loose your hope, looks like CIC is moving fast. Below is my timeline:

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5
Test Date: Jan 20
CIT 520: Jan 30
Oath Date: Feb 28
CIC office: Scarborough.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! based on your timeline it looks like CIC is giving priority to new applicants like yourself when I believe there are people that are over 36 months in processing whose CIT0520 have not been processed. Let us hope that CIC will start looking all CIT0520 files as soon as possible. Thanks

VAtoCA said:
My update on CIT 520

I gave test on Jan 20 (scored 20/20) but did not got the oath invite during the interview. I have 2 pages of entry/exit in my residency calculator and the officer told me they need to verify my dates. On Jan 30 I got CIT 520 form asking me to explain missing date. I sent the explanation on Jan 31. Today I called CIC to check if they received my letter and to my surprise the call center rep told me that they received, my application is approve and they have already sent me oath invite schedule of Feb 28 and I should attend it even if I do not receive my letter by then.

So to all you guys with CIT 520 don't loose your hope, looks like CIC is moving fast. Below is my timeline:

Application Sent: Sept 15
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test invite: Jan 5
Test Date: Jan 20
CIT 520: Jan 30
Oath Date: Feb 28
CIC office: Scarborough.

poison

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
July 2010
Dear All,

My oath ceremony went well on Feb 11th. Regarding CIT520, looks like they are giving priority to new applicants. One of my neighbor got approval pretty fast compared to old applicants like us.

Good luck to all those who are waiting.

Thanks