+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

form CIT 520 timeline

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Evening folks,,,

My apologies for starting new concern which might have been discussed in different topic I am not ware of!! Forgive for that!

I am wondering if you know or heard of anyone issued CIT520 dorm as someone named it "a form for lucky applicants" has received his/her oath letter and how they had to wait to get the letter??

Appreciate your feedback

Btw I have been waiting 3.5 months since I sent the requested docs and nothing has happened yet 11 months since I did my test!!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Concerned said:
Evening folks,,,

My apologies for starting new concern which might have been discussed in different topic I am not ware of!! Forgive for that!

I am wondering if you know or heard of anyone issued CIT520 dorm as someone named it "a form for lucky applicants" has received his/her oath letter and how they had to wait to get the letter??

Appreciate your feedback

Btw I have been waiting 3.5 months since I sent the requested docs and nothing has happened yet 11 months since I did my test!!
Dear So concern,
I hear you my friend! Most of applicants who got CIT-0520 are those who for some reasons could not show their passports (from pr to application date) at the interview and the CIC-agent asked for the copies of each page in color. After send it in, it takes about 3-6 months to get your oath invitation. However, I'll recommend you to ask for your ATIP records if you did not do it yet.
Hope that this helps.
Cheers,

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
So Concerned said:
Evening folks,,,

Appreciate your feedback

Relax my friend its a matter of waiting game. Some people get it fast 5 months from the application date and others may take it 24-58 months after application. You and every one else will eventually get it as the majority how had it before us. I believe most of the existing files will receive a decision before the end of summer next year.

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
beauhoe said:
Dear So concern,
I hear you my friend! Most of applicants who got CIT-0520 are those who for some reasons could not show their passports (from pr to application date) at the interview and the CIC-agent asked for the copies of each page in color. After send it in, it takes about 3-6 months to get your oath invitation. However, I'll recommend you to ask for your ATIP records if you did not do it yet.
Hope that this helps.
Cheers,
Hello
I am in the same situation. The officer gave me the form on the day of citizenship test and I sent back the requested documents in a week. Then I called CIC call center and told that they received.
It has been 2.5 months since (3 months from the test)
I check everyday my mail box and online but nothing so far.
it is very frustrating

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I am in the same boat, I wonder if anyone ordered ATIP report and got the following line:
Applicant passed first test however residence issues/concerns not resolved at time of interview. File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review/analysis. FPAT required. WT

Cheers

montrealer69

Oct 20, 2014
look4d said:
Hello friends,

I am in the same boat, I wonder if anyone ordered ATIP report and got the following line:
Applicant passed first test however residence issues/concerns not resolved at time of interview. File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review/analysis. FPAT required. WT

Cheers
What did they ask you to send?
Did you send all the documents they asked?
Did the officer tell you anything on the day of interview about how long it will take?

What does ATIP mean and how do we order it? Will it effect our timeline if we order it
In my case it's been almost 3 months. Is it too soon or shall I order ATIP?
sorry a lot of questions but I am very concerned and can't wait to be a proud Canadian

Cheers

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks For your feedback folks.

I did request ATIP physical file last Oct and it shows that the have received the requested docs but no decision has been made yet!! I don't I can see anything happens in the coming days as we are heading to vacation time.. let us hope for Jan and Feb I will be one year waiting since my test. Btw the CIT520 was sent to me after 8 months of my test at the time that I was told during the interview I should expect oath letter in max 6 weeks!! "" Patience is the art of hoping"" happy holidays season ::)

samay23

Dec 6, 2014
look4d said:
Hello friends,

Cheers
What is the FPAT?

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Evening folks,

Hope you are enjoying the hokey season!!

I completed 3 months since I sent the requested doc and no news it seems this is over and I should think of January- February If I will get lucky!!

Have you heard of any updates folks please about our cases?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
update folks,Me too nothing yet,I got a call from a CIC officer today afternoon,the officer asked me some questions about the travel record,she told me cic will check about the authenticity of the travel record and this may take some time,she also told me they are busy having many files on que.

Wish you all good luck

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under the new C-24 law single point process, CPC Sydney has more power to approve the applications eliminating CJ decision. RQs are also being issued by CPC, Sydney on residence questions. I think CIC following new rule implication applications received from June 2014 onward and if any applicant receives RQ that will be on pre-test.

Ladygaga-93

Jan 22, 2014
look4d said:
Hello friends,

Cheers

Hi Look4d,
I order my ATIP last month, couldn't find anything mainingful, a scan of 189 page most of them are my application papers or supporting documents sent with RQ, where should such such line come. There is a single paper showing my test score that I passed July 29, showing the score days of residency & dates of absence, signed by the officer, nothing in the fields to be filled by CJ, no signature of CJ.
Do you have a clue?
Regards,

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
toshib
Star Member

Ratings: +1
[Good] [Poor]

Re: form CIT 520 timeline
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:30 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
update folks,Me too nothing yet,I got a call from a CIC officer today afternoon,the officer asked me some questions about the travel record,she told me cic will check about the authenticity of the travel record and this may take some time,she also told me they are busy having many files on que.

I hope we all get that phone call it's encouraging to see that your file hasn't been collecting shelf dust no matter with the outcome is to be honest I don't mind now to reapply as new applection take an average 6-8 months so at least you live to reach a distnation not a painful journey!!

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Folks who received CT-520 after test. Do you have any clue what triggered CT-520? Is there passport/stamps or extensive travel issues? at the time of interview it could be the officer had doubt in mind on residence proof issues.. Please share your experience..