+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

gh.alex

May 7, 2016
Hi all,
Happy new year!
I must say this topic was very helpful regarding the B4 forms and procedures as I am going to land with my spouse in 2 weeks.

One thing that is still not clear and hope you can help me clarify:
Do we need to take individual pictures of costume jewelry (artificial/junk jewelry)? I was just planning to write in the declaration "1 bag of costume jewelry" and approximate total value, without pictures or anything else. Will this be fine for customs?

Thank you

AnnaKh

Jan 22, 2018
Hi everyone. I'd like to know about BSF186 form for accompaning goods and how I need to fill it: one per family (2 people for example) or one for each member? Thank you.

bluesaffron

Star Member
Nov 20, 2016
Hi everyone. I'd like to know about BSF186 form for accompaning goods and how I need to fill it: one per family (2 people for example) or one for each member? Thank you.
My suggestion would be to read the beginning of this thread... (say first 10 pages), and you will find answers to lot of basic/similar questions..
Anyways... to answer your question, I think you should have one form per family...(and not one for each member)...

AnnaKh

Jan 22, 2018
My suggestion would be to read the beginning of this thread... (say first 10 pages), and you will find answers to lot of basic/similar questions..
Anyways... to answer your question, I think you should have one form per family...(and not one for each member)...
Thank you! Just this topic started many years ago, may be something changed

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi All.
It may be a strange question, but can we show 'funds to follow' on these forms too so they're not taxed in future?
Else, how does one show all the cash and other assets one has but will only be transferring later? Thanks

diaanz

Feb 11, 2018
Hi,

My husband and I (PA) are planning to make soft landing/entry to Canada next week. We currently live in the middle east and are planning to drive across the border from the US with my husband's brother and his wife who are US citizens. We will only be Canada for two days to activate our PR and will then return to the US. We intend on bringing from kitchen utensils and crockery and leave it with a friend for a period of 6 months till we make a final move to the Canada. I have read two different opinions on the website regarding whether we will be required to fill out a B4 form if like us they were only entering the country to activate their PR. In some cases, other members were told that since it is such a short stay they will not be required to fill out the B4 and that in some the agents refuse to even accept the form. But some others insist that carrying B4 is a must.

Also, I am not entirely sure how to go about listing the items in the follow up list as I will only truly know the items we plan on bringing with us during the the final move when we get to it. Is it possible for me to submit the B4 during my final relocation as opposed to when I make entry?

AnnaKh

Jan 22, 2018
So, I have update about BSF 186 form, if you are on work visa and with work permit (not a seasonal worker). You don't need this form! We were told already twice while crossing a border in an airport that workers are some kind of exempt for this form. And we didn't pay any taxes. So we shouldn't declare our accompaning goos and goods to follow on this form (maybe you need declare goods to follow for delivering purposes).

Hope, that could help somebody.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi All.
It may be a strange question, but can we show 'funds to follow' on these forms too so they're not taxed in future?
Else, how does one show all the cash and other assets one has but will only be transferring later? Thanks
No. It is only for "goods".

shariq123

Jun 8, 2016
I'm assuming "Goods to Follow" means things that you want to send through cargo at a later time and released through Canadian customs.

But what if I make a short landing, declare all the stuff that is in my checked baggage at that time on the "Goods Accompanying" List, go back to my home country and bring some other stuff in my checked baggage on the flight. Is that not allowed?

Reactions: qorax

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
I'm assuming "Goods to Follow" means things that you want to send through cargo at a later time and released through Canadian customs.

But what if I make a short landing, declare all the stuff that is in my checked baggage at that time on the "Goods Accompanying" List, go back to my home country and bring some other stuff in my checked baggage on the flight. Is that not allowed?

You need to declare all your accompanying goods at first landing. There's no rule that they need to all come at one time, but you definitely need to have everything on your list at first landing. I did a temporary landing, then came back for my car and other items, and they were sure to check my list from my original landing date, and told me that only items included on my list at original landing are eligible to come over without tax/customs consequences.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010

No. It is also applicable for anything that you'd* personally carry during subsequent entries into Canada.

*or any of your family members

acetone

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

As far as I know, we need to declare everything that we will be bringing as new immigrant. Does this include those that are with no value e.g. used perfume/toiletries, kids artwork and picture albums? Another question is, for the qty, can we just put one box of children's toys as I have put all my kids toys mixed together in one box (electronics/stuffed/plastic toys) or we need to itemize them?

Thanks for the reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
@acetone:

Does this include those that are with no value e.g. used perfume/toiletries, kids artwork and picture albums? -Not required
Another question is, for the qty, can we just put one box of children's toys as I have put all my kids toys mixed together in one box (electronics/stuffed/plastic toys)? -Yes, you can

dparashar

Jul 23, 2013
No. It is only for "goods".
Hi ,

For similar query, If we have the forms only for goods, how can i declare money in current country account or Mutual Funds investments or any FDs, which i would like to bring/wire later but without tax.

I am flying on 26th March, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: qorax