+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

bodhitree

May 28, 2012
Sirs,
I am a great admirer of this forum and the many seniors. I have been reading this site since long. Sirs, I am in hurry. I opened this B4 Form. I am arriving Canada in 5 days but i do not understand, and my friend also is not able to guide -
1) What does this mean: "Settler = I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a
permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in ....."
But I plan to stay only 1 week at my first landing in few days time. Am i a Settler? There is no column for First Lander. Should i tick this even though I know i will not stay 12 months this time?
2) Sirs, I do not understand about this Tariff 9807.00.00. I want to carry gift from my homeland but i will take 200 cigaretes only in GAL and in GTF List. I do not understand. Is this banned to carry? Do I have to point out to the Officer that i am carrying? I have already made Excel Sheet and put 200 Cig in both Lists. Will they put duty?
I do not want to do anything that may make them send me back because I broke a law.
Please hurry, Seniors.
I thank you.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bodhitree said:
Sirs,
I am a great admirer of this forum and the many seniors. I have been reading this site since long. Sirs, I am in hurry. I opened this B4 Form. I am arriving Canada in 5 days but i do not understand, and my friend also is not able to guide -
1) What does this mean: "Settler = I am entering Canada with the intention of establishing, for the first time, a
permanent residence for a period in excess of 12 months and I arrived in ....."
But I plan to stay only 1 week at my first landing in few days time. Am i a Settler? There is no column for First Lander. Should i tick this even though I know i will not stay 12 months this time?
2) Sirs, I do not understand about this Tariff 9807.00.00. I want to carry gift from my homeland but i will take 200 cigaretes only in GAL and in GTF List. I do not understand. Is this banned to carry? Do I have to point out to the Officer that i am carrying? I have already made Excel Sheet and put 200 Cig in both Lists. Will they put duty?
I do not want to do anything that may make them send me back because I broke a law.
Please hurry, Seniors.
I thank you.
1. Yes, u r a settler. Why do u want to commit in any case that u'd be returning imdtly? Remember, if u do so - ur PR card apps will not be initiated by the BSO@the a/port.

2. Yes, u can bring-in a carton of cigs. No issues there. U don't need to draw the BSO's attn specifically to that.

rg_canada

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
qorax said:
How'd u write the VIN# in the GTF?
Hi Qorax,

Fair point. After reading a bit on this topic, I guess I am just going to drop the idea of importing my car.

Have another questions please - At the time of landing, I am going to have my work laptop, cell phone and such with me. SHould I put those on the Goods To accompany list at all given that I am going to enter back into US in a couple of days? Will the US border/customs ask me questions at the time of entering US if I had put my cell and work laptop on the Goods to Accompany list? A bit confused here. Would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
RG

bodhitree

May 28, 2012
qorax said:
1. Yes, u r a settler. Why do u want to commit in any case that u'd be returning imdtly? Remember, if u do so - ur PR card apps will not be initiated by the BSO @ the a/port.

2. Yes, u can bring-in a carton of cigs. No issues there. U don't need to draw the BSO's attn specifically to that.
Dear Sir,
Please do not mind. I want to ask one more question only - so i can take more than 200 cig. Should i put it in GAL and GTF Lists or should i not?
I have put many things on Excel Lists like even Nail Cutter, Scissors which I want to carry. This is just for your information, Sir, to tell you that if they find out i have not put cigs in list even though i have put small things in list, they may put duty or say i broke law?
Please, if you will reply to this also quickly. I do not have time for all form and other paper work - money arranging.
I thank you very much for your first point also. I would have told them that i will leave after one week. I will not say this now.
You are very nice person, Sir. I thank you.

rg_canada

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
rg_canada said:
Hi Qorax,

Fair point. After reading a bit on this topic, I guess I am just going to drop the idea of importing my car.

Have another questions please - At the time of landing, I am going to have my work laptop, cell phone and such with me. SHould I put those on the Goods To accompany list at all given that I am going to enter back into US in a couple of days? Will the US border/customs ask me questions at the time of entering US if I had put my cell and work laptop on the Goods to Accompany list? A bit confused here. Would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
RG

Hey Qorax,

Any thoughts on my above question?

Also, got another urgent question - I went to my bank today and they said they don't do traverler's checks anymore. So I got a cashier's check on my own name done to show as proof of funds. Can you please advise if that is good enough to prove to the Border Officer? Since it's a cashiers check, the bank said it's considered as liquid funds.

I am landing in 2 days and would truly appreciate any thoughts from you.

Thanks!!
RG

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think this is a very useful thread...it shud b in QORAX INDEXED list...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rg_canada said:
Hi Qorax,

Thanks!
RG
If it's just one (or two) laptop and similar qty of cellphones the BSO might not bother to ask u anything. However, it's ale ays wise to put them in the GAL list... as many as u desire (all gets to enter duty free).

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
bodhitree said:
Dear Sir,
Please do not mind. I want to ask one more question only - so i can take more than 200 cig. Should i put it in GAL and GTF Lists or should i not?
I have put many things on Excel Lists like even Nail Cutter, Scissors which I want to carry. This is just for your information, Sir, to tell you that if they find out i have not put cigs in list even though i have put small things in list, they may put duty or say i broke law?
Please, if you will reply to this also quickly. I do not have time for all form and other paper work - money arranging.
I thank you very much for your first point also. I would have told them that i will leave after one week. I will not say this now.
You are very nice person, Sir. I thank you.
U r only allowed 200 cigs duty free, no more than that. And this doesn't need to be listed, anywhere, it's part of ur entry entitlement.

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
30/11/2011 Newbor medical 17/03/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
21st of June, 2012 InshAllah!!!
Dear Qorax, we r planing to enter Canada on June 21st.
I found B4 and B4A form. Do I need to fill in stuff which I am carrying with me? I will have cargo stuff as well.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Saida said:
Dear Qorax, we r planing to enter Canada on June 21st.
I found B4 and B4A form. Do I need to fill in stuff which I am carrying with me? I will have cargo stuff as well.
Yes, the GAL list.

Saida

May 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/06/2010
Doc's Request.
28/10/10
Nomination.....
In Process 18/11/11
AOR Received.
15/02/11
IELTS Request
Done
Med's Done....
30/11/2011 Newbor medical 17/03/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
15/05/2012
LANDED..........
21st of June, 2012 InshAllah!!!
qorax said:
Yes, the GAL list.
Is this GAL form :)? Sorry for disturbing u:)
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Saida said:
Is this GAL form :)? Sorry for disturbing u:)
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf
Pls read the original post of this thread:

qorax said:
Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4 (the same form for both type of lists). One for the 'Goods Accompanying' (GAL) & one for the 'Goods to Follow' (GTF). Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

POSITIVE

Sep 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear QOrax...i am sorry if this Q is already replied by u..
My Q is---Is a separate B4 form required for principal applicant and all the dependents ?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POSITIVE said:
Dear QOrax...i am sorry if this Q is already replied by u..
My Q is---Is a separate B4 form required for principal applicant and all the dependents ?
One form per family (principal applicant and all dependents)