+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

lotus20

Apr 14, 2012
Thank you, Qorax.
It has been worth reading thru all the posts in this thread. Some made me smile - "We are the World": JK. We all have the same questions and worries :)
If you had not been available, i doubt whether we would have managed. Th u, once again.
Now i shall begin the immensely difficult task of recording the titles of all the books i wish to carry. Sigh!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
tim50 said:
Dear Qurox,

I got most of the required into related to B4/B4A forms but Still have below doubts and need your help.

1) Good to follow (GTW) list > How long this will be valid? Will it valid in multiple visits also? Can I visit to my home country after 2 years and brings the items mentioned in GTF. For example if bring some Jewel items in first visit (during landing) and rest I will bring (mention in GTW). I believe, its good to declare all the valuable items whether we carry or follow.

2) Do I need to use 'Settler' or 'FORMER RESIDENT' on B4 form as I was resident of Canada (2+ yrs and 2 yrs ago) ?

3) regarding Fund. I worked in Canada previously on WP and have $10K in Canadian bank. Also have job offer now and need to land using PR. Do I need to declare $10K for 'fund/money carrying' while landing?

4) Do we need to declare value of all the assets/properties (of Home country) while landing (in subsequent visits) to avoid tax?

Thanks,
Hi,

1. Infinite validity. Carry the original in every trip. I do the same, I exit/enter Canada every 5 months.
2. Settler. Former Resident only if u were a PR/Citizen already while u were here earlier.
3. If u have an AEO u don't require to demonstrate ur settlement funds. However, remember to carry the original job offer on person.
4. Overseas property/assets aren't part of the B4, or any other form whatsoever.

*The $10k Declaration and requirement of Settlement Funds aren't linked to each other. The former being a mandatory requirement with all POEs around the world. That's reg. Money Laundering. And any money that u bring-in, now or anytime later, isn't taxed ever.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
lotus20 said:
Thank you, Qorax.
It has been worth reading thru all the posts in this thread. Some made me smile - "We are the World": JK. We all have the same questions and worries :)
If you had not been available, i doubt whether we would have managed. Th u, once again.
Now i shall begin the immensely difficult task of recording the titles of all the books i wish to carry. Sigh!
Thanx ma'am.
Good luck with ur landing.

drsoofi

Sep 27, 2010
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st september 2010
Doc's Request.
all documents sent except pcc and med cert
Nomination.....
---
AOR Received.
4th january 2011
IELTS Request
IELTS sent accdg to 26 june 2010 policy
File Transfer...
not yet
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi Qorax
how are you , i hope in good health
i am a silent follower of this forum and i always appreciate the senior members helping out everyone with their prompt replies, especially you

sir, i am moving to Toronto on the 24th june 2012
i would like to pose a few questions regarding goods to follow and goods to bring

1)is an excel sheet necessary as my friend had migrated last june and he sent me his list, which he had just typed on plain paper and it was stamped with date and "EXAMINE" and a barcode was generated , he typed all the items then and there

2) my wife won't be bringing along all her jewellery , although she will take along some of them , please tell me that will i have to take the pictures of the jewellery which we are not bringing along so that they can be brought along later, meaning will i have to mention them in the goods to follow list?

3) and is it necessary to get an evaluation certificate from the jeweller or an estimated price would be enough as mobilisation of jewellery is one RISKY job in karachi ?

your answer will be highly appreciated
thank you

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
drsoofi said:
Hi Qorax
how are you , i hope in good health
i am a silent follower of this forum and i always appreciate the senior members helping out everyone with their prompt replies, especially you

sir, i am moving to Toronto on the 24th june 2012
i would like to pose a few questions regarding goods to follow and goods to bring

1)is an excel sheet necessary as my friend had migrated last june and he sent me his list, which he had just typed on plain paper and it was stamped with date and "EXAMINE" and a barcode was generated , he typed all the items then and there

2) my wife won't be bringing along all her jewellery , although she will take along some of them , please tell me that will i have to take the pictures of the jewellery which we are not bringing along so that they can be brought along later, meaning will i have to mention them in the goods to follow list?

3) and is it necessary to get an evaluation certificate from the jeweller or an estimated price would be enough as mobilisation of jewellery is one RISKY job in karachi ?

your answer will be highly appreciated
thank you
Hi,

1. An excel sheet is not necessary... it's just to tabulate things properly; and only needed if u run out of rows in the original form B4, ie. if the goods/items [similar ones] r not more & do not need separate listing.

2. Yes, pics r a must if u r fetching the jewelleries later and need to list them in the B4.

3. Not necessary unless the jewels r of very high worth. That's my opinion; and that's the way I did it.

Qorax

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Guy,
I completed my landing in March and got my goods to follow checklist stamped and all as per this post. Now I just realised that the 42 inch LCD TV that i had bought few months ago is actually dual voltage and so it runs on 220V as well as 110V. If i sell it here i am not getting much for it and shipping it is not a very high cost in addition to the other goods that i am shipping.

Just wanted to check if there is any way of adding the TV to the list or If i just take it, what are the problems i can face? I have the receipt for the TV and all in my name.

Thank you for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kolhapuri said:
Guy,
I completed my landing in March and got my goods to follow checklist stamped and all as per this post. Now I just realised that the 42 inch LCD TV that i had bought few months ago is actually dual voltage and so it runs on 220V as well as 110V. If i sell it here i am not getting much for it and shipping it is not a very high cost in addition to the other goods that i am shipping.

Just wanted to check if there is any way of adding the TV to the list or If i just take it, what are the problems i can face? I have the receipt for the TV and all in my name.

Thank you for your help.
As a resident, if you were outside Canada for 7 days or more, you can bring up to CAN$750 value of goods without being taxed.

sasi6174

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Dear Qorax

I have plane to land in Sep 2012

1)i Have land (10000000Irs), house(10000000 Irs) and some money(5000000Irs) in india, how i can indicate that , and in future if i sale my land, how i can bring the money to canada with out any tax,

(some body says no need to indicate in B4A )

what is the best option and your best opnion

2) what you did for your PR card photo beckside Date, wether printing or stamping which is best and acceptable way

thanks in advance for your answer

sasi6174

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sasi6174 said:
Dear Qorax

I have plane to land in Sep 2012

1)i Have land (10000000Irs), house(10000000 Irs) and some money(5000000Irs) in india, how i can indicate that , and in future if i sale my land, how i can bring the money to canada with out any tax,

(some body says no need to indicate in B4A )

what is the best option and your best opnion

2) what you did for your PR card photo beckside Date, wether printing or stamping which is best and acceptable way

thanks in advance for your answer

sasi6174
1. There's no method/format/form for indicating ur overseas fixed-assets & ur funds. B4 is not for that either.
2. I just wrote the name, DOB & file No. by hand.

I am

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lima - Peru
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Hi,

1. An excel sheet is not necessary... it's just to tabulate things properly; and only needed if u run out of rows in the original form B4, ie. if the goods/items [similar ones] r not more & do not need separate listing.

2. Yes, pics r a must if u r fetching the jewelleries later and need to list them in the B4.

3. Not necessary unless the jewels r of very high worth. That's my opinion; and that's the way I did it.

Qorax
When they refer to jewelry do we have to put gold and silver, or just gold???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I am said:
When they refer to jewelry do we have to put gold and silver, or just gold???
Ornaments, jewelleries, jewels & gemstones of any kind, including fashion jewelry of high worth (eg. Swarosky, Bvulgari etc.).

rg_canada

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Hi Qarax,

This is such an amazing thread. Thanks for all the useful advice and info time and again.

A quick question from me - I am currently in US and own a car since last 5 yrs. I plan to complete my landing later this month and return back to US for another year or so and then finally move to Canada/Toronto. Now, I am planning to list my currently owned car on Goods To Follow. However, what happens if i end up buying a new car in next two-three months after I return back to the US? How do I import the new car to Canada a year later when I am actually moving?

Any thoughts would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!
RG

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rg_canada said:
Hi Qarax,

This is such an amazing thread. Thanks for all the useful advice and info time and again.

A quick question from me - I am currently in US and own a car since last 5 yrs. I plan to complete my landing later this month and return back to US for another year or so and then finally move to Canada/Toronto. Now, I am planning to list my currently owned car on Goods To Follow. However, what happens if i end up buying a new car in next two-three months after I return back to the US? How do I import the new car to Canada a year later when I am actually moving?

Any thoughts would be truly appreciated.

Thanks!
RG
Hi,

As long as the car is listed on the GTF list u r good. Anything that u purchased after landing isn't counted for duties waiver. U may yet try though, listing it with a new GTF under the "returning residents" clause, playing the ignorance card - however, whether it'd be waived or otherwise depends on the whims of the BSO@the POE... usually it's not acceptable, but we have noticed earlier that few got their way thru. Hope u get it too.

All the best.

Qorax

rg_canada

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2009
Doc's Request.
05-06-2010
AOR Received.
29-01-2010
Thanks again Qorax!

I guess a follow up question - when you list an asset like a car on your GTF, do they ask you for the proof of it at the time of landing or when you are returning with the asset/car at a later time? Just wondering- let's say if I know what car I am going to buy in next month or so (after landing and coming back to the US), should I list it already on the GTF? I won't have any proof of purchase at the time of landing, but I sure will at a later date.

Thanks,
RG

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rg_canada said:
Thanks again Qorax!

I guess a follow up question - when you list an asset like a car on your GTF, do they ask you for the proof of it at the time of landing or when you are returning with the asset/car at a later time? Just wondering- let's say if I know what car I am going to buy in next month or so (after landing and coming back to the US), should I list it already on the GTF? I won't have any proof of purchase at the time of landing, but I sure will at a later date.

Thanks,
RG
How'd u write the VIN# in the GTF?