+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chuchay21 said:
Hi Qorax.

Your post has been a really great help to us. Thank you!

I have some questions though, 1Can I write in the list 6 boxes of clothes or do I have to list like, 12 pairs of jeans etc? For books, should i list all books individually or just write 10 computer books? or can I write 1 box of assorted books and magazines? same with shoes, bags? how detailed should the list be?

2We will be entering by land (crossing the US/Canadian border), do you think there will be any difference when landing by air?

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.
1. That's perfectly fine. U don't need to list individually the personal effects. That's for larger, more valuable & easily identifiable goods.

2. It makes no difference, whether u land by air or by road. The "landing process" remains the same.

Qorax

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks Qorax! I already made my goods to follow list.

I have another question that you or anybody might know the answer...

Since we are just completing our landing requirements but not staying in Canada, we are only going to bring clothes, cellphones, camera, and some of my son's toys and gadgets. Should I declare this as goods accompanying and make a list of them too? although we are taking them back to the US after a week. and also we are going by driving our car. should i list this too? I initially included these items in my goods to follow list.

Thanks again!

jignesh79

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Markham
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Med's Request
22-March-2011
LANDED..........
Landed on 10-September-2011
qorax said:
Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.

Here's what I did; & how u could do it...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax

Hi am not able to download form B4

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chuchay21 said:
Thanks Qorax! I already made my goods to follow list.

I have another question that you or anybody might know the answer...

Since we are just completing our landing requirements but not staying in Canada, we are only going to bring clothes, cellphones, camera, and some of my son's toys and gadgets. Should I declare this as goods accompanying and make a list of them too? although we are taking them back to the US after a week. and also we are going by driving our car. should i list this too? I initially included these items in my goods to follow list.

Thanks again!
Yes, it's always wise to list anything & everything that u plan to bring along to Canada, either in the GTF or in the GAL lists. Even if u plan to take them back, u'd be bringing them again, won't u?

However, for small items, like daily use toys, clothings, toiletries, personal effects etc. U can safely skip them.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jignesh79 said:
Why? I just clicked it. It's perfectly alright. It's not for downloading though, but to print & type over it.

However, there's one available for online typing, but u won't be able to save that. It'd be just type & printout.

Qorax

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
jignesh79 said:
it's a PDF, you can save a blank copy.

better planet

Jun 16, 2010
can it be handwritten or needs to be typed.
second thing: if one is just carrying his clothes, a laptop and books, does he still need to fill in foms. please advise. Thank you!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
better planet said:
can it be handwritten or needs to be typed.
second thing: if one is just carrying his clothes, a laptop and books, does he still need to fill in foms. please advise. Thank you!
Just replied 2 posts earlier.

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
how do we decide what the value of an item is (in CAD), do we estimate? i mean except for jewelry and electronics, it's sort of hard to decide the value of items i'm bringing especially since it's already used. is "no commercial value" acceptable?

thanks.

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
qorax said:
Yes, it's always wise to list anything & everything that u plan to bring along to Canada, either in the GTF or in the GAL lists. Even if u plan to take them back, u'd be bringing them again, won't u?

However, for small items, like daily use toys, clothings, toiletries, personal effects etc. U can safely skip them.

Qorax
Qorax, Thank you so much! I have good news for you... We have successfully "landed" in Ontario and the border officers were greatly impressed with the list I made and all because of your help! Again Thank you very much!

maruti81

Mar 13, 2009
Thank you Qorax for your immigration tutorials and manuals :)

I have a question. What if I said that I will bring certain stuff in "Goods to follow" and later I did not bring it...Will that be a problem?
I am moving from USA and I am not yet decided to sell or keep my stuff. So just want to put them in "Goods to follow" list..if they get sold, thats fine,,otherwise i want to bring them to Canada...

Have a blessed day.

maharlika

Champion Member
Feb 12, 2010
Pinas
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
4131;3152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-22-2009, returned; resent 8-09
Doc's Request.
09-24-2009
AOR Received.
02-01-2010
File Transfer...
09-30-2009
Med's Request
06-03-2010
Med's Done....
07-30,31-10
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-21-10
VISA ISSUED...
10/15/2010....reached me on 11/09/2010
LANDED..........
MAY 24, 2011
this is very informative..thanks qorax

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Hello everyone:

Is it mandatory to fill out this B4 form? I think I haven't filled out this form prior to my travel when I landed as an immigrant last year in Canada. I am not sure if I have filled one in the airport itself.

Can anyone please tell me if it is mandatory or not?

thanks in advance

nag1d

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Form B4
Goods to Follow List &/or Goods Accompanying List
How to Fill them...

Hi all,

This is in response to the numerous PMs received requesting a copy of my Form B4. As I did it on the system & there's no way to 'save' that, I remain handicapped to forward it. Thus, this thread.

Here's what I did; & how u could do it...

ASSUMPTIONS/PROLOGUE:
a) The form B4A is an extension of the form B4 [which is the main one to file]. Writing the B4A is a similarly daunting task, thus can be avoided. I didn't.
b) As the form B4 contains 'only' 8 rows to fill the goods/items, use only 8 groups of things. How? Explained later.

WHAT U SHOULD CARRY?
U should make 2 copies of the form B4. One for the 'Goods Accompanying' & one for the 'Goods to Follow'. Alongwith the attachments. What's that? Here u go...

STEP-1:
a) Group all similar items into one list & thus make 8 lists.
b) Type these groups in Excel Sheets* [separate for each group]. Title each Sheet. And a Page No.
c) Enlist the Columns as: Sl.No | Item Description | Qty | Value (CAD) |
d) Total the Value, of each Excel Sheet.
e) Take printouts of each Excel Sheet in A4 size paper [2 copies].

*Eg. 1.Electronics, 2.Jewelries, 3.Clothing & Personal Effects, 4.Books & DVDs, 5.Gadgets & Mobile Phones, 6.Cutlery & Utensils, 7.Home Decorations & Murals AND 8.Linens & Drapers. [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-2:
a) Place all jewelry in Groups* & click Pictures [Must, else they'll not be accepted].
b) Title each Sheet. And put a Page No.
c) Take printouts of each Jewelry Group in A4 size paper [2 copies].
d) Make an Excel Sheet, for the Summary of the Jewelry Sheets. And place a Value against each group.
e) Total the Excel Sheet Value, in the end.

*Eg. 1.Rings, 2.Bangles & Bracelets, 3.Chains & Necklaces, 4.Cummerbunds, 5.Diamond Sets, 6.Ear-Rings & Pendants, 7.Head-Bands & Chokers etc. (each in one group/sheet). [the Title Heading can vary as per your choice & requirement]

STEP-3: [Major Step]
a) Fill-out the form B4, as per the 8 Title Headings AND write the Total Value of each Excel Sheet.
b) Make a box [by hand] at the End of the 8 rows' Value Column. Write the Total Value* of the Goods.
c) For the Name field, write the PA's name.
d) For the Importer's Address, write the Canadian Address.
e) For the Country of Export, write your Home Country's Name.
f) For the Goods to Follow BOX [below the list rows], "Tick" it.
g) At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
h) Bottom of the Page-2, Sign, Date [the day of Landing] & Location [write your Landing POE's name].

*U must write the Total Value of the entire goods, as that's needed by the CBSA to log on their system.

STEP-4:
a) Print-it out [on regular A4 sheets], both pages [1 & 2] separately.
b) Take 2 printouts [one for the CBSA & one for U, with their Stamp, Sign & Date].
c) Staple all the Excel Sheets & the Jewelry Sheets, into each form B4.

NOTE:
1. Do not forget to take 2 printouts of each form B4 and its attachments. One will be kept by them.
2. Do not forget to take pics of the Jewelry. Else, they'll not accept it
3. Do not forget to get it stamped on landing. Sometimes the BSO doesn't ask. It's our prerogative.

*In that case they'll ask u to get it by email & visit the airport the next day for stamping your B4. Though it can be done, but u get into unnecessary hassles, time & effort. And u just have 24 hrs to do so. Which is an avoidable tension. Isn't it?

WHERE TO FIND THE FORM?
http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/b4-eng.pdf

Hope that helped.
Qorax
Qorax,

You are simply too good. Hats off to you.

I have got so much information from your posts. I am due to complete my landing process later this month and trust me, your posts are helping me plan it out very clearly. Thanks for everything.

nag1d

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
nag1d said:
Qorax,

You are simply too good. Hats off to you.

I have got so much information from your posts. I am due to complete my landing process later this month and trust me, your posts are helping me plan it out very clearly. Thanks for everything.

nag1d
Good Luck!