+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form B4 (Goods to Follow/Accompanying List): How to ???

rubyalabar

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2010
Nomination.....
21-02-2010
AOR Received.
23-06-2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
26-10-2010
Med's Request
23-06-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2010 (Aug.6 rec'vd by Ottawa)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2011
LANDED..........
04-02-2011
hi qorax,

Just want to ask so I'm 100%m sure, only jewelry need photographs attached to B4? Will the list of jewelry include those that I am wearing?

thanks!

ruby

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Can10 said:
Dear Qorax,

I have a question here:

If we can use form B4 for both purposes i.e. for 1) goods accompanied & 2) goods to follow; then what is the use of form B4A, what is this for?

Appreciate your reply as I need to fill the form for landing next week

Very best regards
B4A is just an extension of form B4 - to List/write more items. I think I had explained that in the OP.

U can safely ignore this form (B4A) & use an Excel Sheet instead.

Qorax

Reactions: glany222

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sanjeevindia said:
Can we take eatables like pulses, rice, pickle, chat masala, biscuits, pure ghee, maggi etc. with us to meet the requirements for first week? As we will not boe able to shop etc. right away, we need these things. Please advise.
Not at all true. Those items r found in every street here - in the Indian shops, which r everywhere & the items r comparable in pricing to the homeland's.

Bottomline: Not worth the extra baggage - unless u have nothing else (of more worth) to bring, do u?

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
rubyalabar said:
hi qorax,

Just want to ask so I'm 100%m sure, only jewelry need photographs attached to B4? Will the list of jewelry include those that I am wearing?

thanks!

ruby
100% true, u only need the pics of Jewellry or any other item of tremendous value - eg. Monet's or Da Vinci's Painting!

Yes, the GAL (Goods Accompanying List, which is another B4) should have the same listed & pictured - aka the jewelry u r wearing while landing. There r chances that it'd be overlooked by the BSO, but what if s/he doesn't?

Qorax

Can10

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
qorax said:
B4A is just an extension of form B4 - to List/write more items. I think I had explained that in the OP.

U can safely ignore this form (B4A) & use an Excel Sheet instead.

Qorax

Many thanks Qorax for explaining this. Yes you mentioned it in the OP but here it is further clarified. Very much appreciated.

NeN

Jan 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,
Thank you for all your help!
Could you please help me with one doubt...
What about money? We will bring the exact amount we are required in our landing, but what if we want to bring more money later on? Should we declare it in our goods to follow form? Do we have to pay duty for it?
Thank you so much for your help! :D
NeN

swapnochary

Jul 27, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
03-03-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
IELTS Request
L - 7.5, R - 6.5, W - 6.5, S - 8.0, Ov. All. - 7
Med's Request
12-07-2010
Med's Done....
02-08-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
31-08-2010 PP submitted: 14-09-2010 Decision made: 05-10-10
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2010 VISA RCVD...: 24-10-2010
LANDED..........
GOD KNOWS
Hi Qorax,

Is it necessary to take individual color photograph of each jewellry ? Black & White print out from laser printer will acceptable or not ?
what type of household items/cloths/elctronics should i bring (thats is expensive in CA but less expensive in home country)

swapnochary

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Not at all true. Those items r found in every street here - in the Indian shops, which r everywhere & the items r comparable in pricing to the homeland's.

Bottomline: Not worth the extra baggage - unless u have nothing else (of more worth) to bring, do u?

Qorax
thnx. it means that we can bring them if we have extra space in baggage? right.

thank you very much.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
NeN said:
Hi Qorax,
Thank you for all your help!
Could you please help me with one doubt...
What about money? We will bring the exact amount we are required in our landing, but what if we want to bring more money later on? Should we declare it in our goods to follow form? Do we have to pay duty for it?
Thank you so much for your help! :D
NeN
1. The B4 is for listing goods - not funds.
2. U can bring-in as much amount* as u desire after landing -till time infinite, no problem.

*There's no duties/levies/taxes. But, it'll be automatically reflected to Fintrac by the banks - whether wired, cash/draft deposited. End of the yr, when u file-in your Tax Returns - u'd need to report the funds as overseas income. And the interest component it earned@bank is taxable for Capital Gains.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
swapnochary said:
Hi Qorax,

Is it necessary to take individual color photograph of each jewellry ? Black & White print out from laser printer will acceptable or not ?
what type of household items/cloths/elctronics should i bring (thats is expensive in CA but less expensive in home country)

swapnochary
1. It's not necessary to take indiv printouts. An A4 sheet with grouped images of the jewelry is fine.
2. Just bring the usual jackets/long capes/gloves. Remember, once inside, everything is heated* here.
3. About other goods - I've mentioned in my "landing in Canada" thread. Plz look there.

*So, don't get into bringing heavy inner wears. It's not required, unless u plan to land in the NW territories. And those garments r not so pricey here anyway. Walmart can fetch u those in competitive rates vis-a-vis your homeland's. Unless u desire branded stuff.

Qorax

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
At Page-2 of the form B4, "Tick" the Newcomer BOX.
Hi Qorax,
On B4, there is no Newcomer Box, you meen Settler? Also the classifications are on page 1 not 2. Are we talking about the same form?

Thanks...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wpc71 said:
Hi Qorax,
On B4, there is no Newcomer Box, you meen Settler? Also the classifications are on page 1 not 2. Are we talking about the same form?

Thanks...
Yes, that's right. As the form/s are not in my iPad, I could have misplaced the page nos./box names. But the gist is correct.

Qorax

chuchay21

Sep 15, 2010
Hi Qorax.

Your post has been a really great help to us. Thank you!

I have some questions though, Can I write in the list 6 boxes of clothes or do I have to list like, 12 pairs of jeans etc? For books, should i list all books individually or just write 10 computer books? or can I write 1 box of assorted books and magazines? same with shoes, bags? how detailed should the list be?

We will be entering by land (crossing the US/Canadian border), do you think there will be any difference when landing by air?

Thanks again. I really appreciate it.