+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form 5526 for Inland Sponsorship - To be filled out or not??

argozollino

Dec 16, 2022
Hello everyone!
I have questions for those who applied for Inland sponsorship in 2022 online.

1) Was the form 5526 (travel information) listed in "Get your checklist" result in the CIC page for "Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child" when you applied?
(https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp)

2) For those who didn't have it on the checklist, did you complete it online anyway?

Can you please share how did the application go / how is it going?

Thank you all!!

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Hello everyone!
I have questions for those who applied for Inland sponsorship in 2022 online.

1) Was the form 5526 (travel information) listed in "Get your checklist" result in the CIC page for "Sponsoring your spouse, partner or dependent child" when you applied?
(https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp)

2) For those who didn't have it on the checklist, did you complete it online anyway?

Can you please share how did the application go / how is it going?

Thank you all!!
For inland spouse, no form 5526 was not on the checklist and no we did not include it in the documents. We only provided the minimum that they asked for. I wish the portal only shows the form you need to upload or complete for the class you are applying. Unfortunately it shows all of the documents you could possibly submit regardless of class. You need to make sure to complete the basic application and upload only the documents required for spousal sponsorship that are listed in the checklist. What we did was printed a copy of the checklist and wrote the document numbers (ie IMM 1344) on the checklist so that we made sure they were completed.

argozollino

Dec 16, 2022
Thank you for your message!
That's what I did, I just wanted to know if anyone that didn't submit that form was asked to do so.
How is your inland application going? Would you share the status?
Thank you very much!!

argozollino

Dec 16, 2022
For inland spouse, no form 5526 was not on the checklist and no we did not include it in the documents. We only provided the minimum that they asked for. I wish the portal only shows the form you need to upload or complete for the class you are applying. Unfortunately it shows all of the documents you could possibly submit regardless of class. You need to make sure to complete the basic application and upload only the documents required for spousal sponsorship that are listed in the checklist. What we did was printed a copy of the checklist and wrote the document numbers (ie IMM 1344) on the checklist so that we made sure they were completed.
That's what I did, I just wanted to know if anyone that didn't submit that form was asked to do so.
Thank you very much!!

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Thank you very much!!
All is going well, we applied in Jan 2022 and are currently waiting on eCOPR. Our history is in my signature line below.