+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form 5257

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
Good Day,

I am working in Saudi Arabia and want to apply for Canada Visit Visa, I am little bit confused while filling the form 5257, question 7 current country of residence (Saudi Arabia), Status (Worker), date from to, I wrote the from date and what should I write in date to if I want to left it blank the form is not validating. Please can somebody help me with this.

I am applying online application and the second question is cover letter and the purpose of visit is the same. If it is not the same where should I attach the cover letter in online application.

Thanks.

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
Select Other> Resident Permit ( Iqama ) then enter Iqama Issue and expiry date.
It cannot be worker because I am on work here and on my Iqama the expiry date is till Feb 2021 but when we check in MOI it will show this March. Because now a days we are getting the Iqama card of 5 years validity, should I put the date which reflects on Iqama card or what it shows in MOI.

And what about the cover letter or Purpose of Visit

Legend6892

Jul 31, 2017
It cannot be worker because I am on work here and on my Iqama the expiry date is till Feb 2021 but when we check in MOI it will show this March. Because now a days we are getting the Iqama card of 5 years validity, should I put the date which reflects on Iqama card or what it shows in MOI.

And what about the cover letter or Purpose of Visit
Just put expiry date as per MOI portal, recommending you to apply for TRV after renewal of Iqama and submit Exit Rentry visa copy ( stamped by employer) with the application.

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
Just put expiry date as per MOI portal, recommending you to apply for TRV after renewal of Iqama and submit Exit Rentry visa copy ( stamped by employer) with the application.
If I issue Exit re entry now it is valid for only two months from the date of issue and I am travelling in July 2019. And my company will renew my Iqama before one or two weeks from the date of expiry.

mhile

Feb 28, 2019
Hi Sir, Did you figure this out? I'm also not sure what to put in question #7 in form 5257. Thank you.

mhile

Feb 28, 2019
I select worker and put the expiry date of Iqama on MOI site.
So did you put the issue date and expiry date of your iqama? Because it’s asking for a from & to dates right?How bout your dependents?they don’t qualify as workers? Did you manage to get your visa?

maqish

Mar 16, 2017
So did you put the issue date and expiry date of your iqama? Because it’s asking for a from & to dates right?How bout your dependents?they don’t qualify as workers? Did you manage to get your visa?
No, I put the date when I first came to Saudi Arabia and the to dates is expiry date of Iqama. No my dependents does not qualify as workers. No it was refused. Please see the below thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-refused.612992/