+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Jul 24, 2022
Don't hold back any info. Mention everything clearly write letter of explanation. I had seen people hiding and facing consequences whereas disclosing everything truthfully leads to clear path. So keep your calm it may take time but should be the best way out.
Won’t it affect now?? I have already withhold the information once? If I tell the truth now, what might be the impact?

Ralpas

Jun 27, 2019
Hello! I am bother with the schedule A background question #6-k. Had any serious disease or physical or mentsl dis order. In my initial application i answer it Yes and indicate the heart & kidney problem of my spouse but when ask by ircc to update and submit another one my immigration consultant answer it NO because according to her that is a doctor to doctors part on medical examination. But I’m afraid of misrepresentation. Although during medical exam we declare everything supported with medical certificate. Please do advise. Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello! I am bother with the schedule A background question #6-k. Had any serious disease or physical or mentsl dis order. In my initial application i answer it Yes and indicate the heart & kidney problem of my spouse but when ask by ircc to update and submit another one my immigration consultant answer it NO because according to her that is a doctor to doctors part on medical examination. But I’m afraid of misrepresentation. Although during medical exam we declare everything supported with medical certificate. Please do advise. Thank you.
What kind of immigration consultant ask you to hide facts? Should hire a new one.
Keep your fingers crossed and pray IRCC won't term it as misinterpretion, this is what you can do now. No one except IRCC can predict your fate but for next time keep everything straight, don't hide anything.

Quarterpast12

Aug 3, 2022
Hey buddy,
Just want to say thank you for your comment. It eases my life immediately. On Jan 15, 2019 I applied visa to USA from Canada and I got rejected. On Jan 20, 2019 when I submitted the application, I completely forgot about this incident and didn't declare this visa refusal. Part of the reason is because I had filled up this application somewhere at the end of December 2018 and checked it so many time so on Jan 20 I kinda skipped it... Now I have to pay for the price. I called CIC, email cpc ottawa (since I am a FSW inland) and send CSE. Now I only can wait and see.
Hey, what was the outcome? I too am on the same boat as yours, am looking for answers. Pls respond.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Fun fact : There is NO definition of what is called "serious" in Canadian laws as far as "disease or physical or mentsl dis order" go. ANY disease can be serious or non serious depending on case by case basis. Actually, the doctors are the only one capable of making that call. So, answering "NO" is not really wrong because the question is deliberately confusing. Also, patient or applicant may or may not be able to evaluate if they are suffering from a serious disease.

I mean flu can be serious in a particular set of people (millions die from flu each year) while a heart disorder may not be serious depending upon what it is.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
This question is based on the medical inadmissibility manual.

IRCC classifies a person inadmissible based on health grounds or danger to public health, based on the classification in regulation A38(1) and R31(b-c):

6.1 Danger to public health
6.2 Public Safety
6.3 Excessive demand on health and social services

See https://bit.ly/3QFmNPq

Further, when submitting a subsequent application, there should be no discrepancy btween the previous application and the current one. If there is it should be addressed.

See https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/forgot-to-mention-previous-visa-refusal-please-help.570066/post-9825010

Also see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/definitions.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

santy121

Sep 5, 2022
Hello Folks,

Just to reconfirm and validate the point. I too made the similar mistake of not mentioning my previous US visa refusal in my work permit application.
I realised this mistake one month after my biometrics. I went through this forum and got some confidence and direction I submitted a webform mentioning my mistake. And I got a request letter to submit the updated application form(IMM1295) and also the refusal letter. After I submitted them I got my PPR today.

Thanks to everyone especially @legalfalcon for sharing the knowledge and helping people who were struck in similar situations.

Reactions: legalfalcon

nor1231

Feb 23, 2022
I realized my mistake of not mentioning previous visitor visa refusal a month after biometrics. I sent a webform with a LOE and received the usual automated response that they will look into. 10 days after the webform I received PPR. Does this mean they've looked into the webform and approved the application or should I be worried till they respond to the webform? @legalfalcon
Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
I realized my mistake of not mentioning previous visitor visa refusal a month after biometrics. I sent a webform with a LOE and received the usual automated response that they will look into. 10 days after the webform I received PPR. Does this mean they've looked into the webform and approved the application or should I be worried till they respond to the webform? @legalfalcon
Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.
I wouldn't worry too much. Your due diligence is done, keep the webform reply for future proof and correspondence.

Reactions: nor1231