+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

vipulCanada

Nov 1, 2021
Hi All,
In am in a difficult situation. I had one I-129 petition(H1B) petition filed by a consultant 2017.
It went to RFE and then i did not follow further with them and neither they contacted me back.
Now the online status on USCIS portal for that petition is not updated and it only mentions last update "RFE documents received"
I do not have contact number of the consultancy and they are not reverting to my mail.

My doubt is this petition might have been denied or refused and i didn't mention this is my PR application which i submitted on 8th April.
I am writing a webform to mention the petition no and other details and that it might have been rejected.
Please suggest what can be done here?
Can i directly reach to USCIS , is there any way to know final status

Bobmeet50

May 25, 2022
Hey!
I also got the same today. The Procedural Fairness Document saying that we missed to inform about US Visa refusal. I missed it. What to do? What sort of documentation to be provided. Can you please help? I have been waiting for more than a year now and now this, Please help.
Did you apply for Study Permit or for PR

binubabu

Aug 22, 2021
Below is my timeline:

ITA : Mar 6 , 2019
AOR : Apr 27 , 2019
Medical Passed : 11, June 2019
Biometrics : 14, June 2019
Webform raised for newborn baby : 10th July 2019
ADR request : Aug 03, 2019
ADR submitted : Aug 04, 2019
Webform raised for informing about a prior visa rejection : 13th September
Confirmation on Webform : 18th September
Profile status changed to updated and then back to submitted: 25th Oct (at the same time Additional documents status changed from we are reviewing to NA)
PPR: 26 Oct , 2019

Hope this also helps anyone who have a baby during the process - no having a baby does not hamper your timelines if you provide all documents.

Also for those who forgot or missed to mention prior visa refusals - plz do it now. It has no repercussions. But if you get flagged for misrepresentation, it might become an issue.

Best of luck everyone !
bro did you mention these visa refusal when you apply study permit and work permit?

June2022

Jun 25, 2022
Very normal. It can take time for an officer to review the webforms and enter them in the application. However, as long as the webform is in, you need not worry.
Hi all,
I applied for work permit in last year may 2021,i recd pfl from visa officer stating that i had not disclosed us visa refusal in my profile.truth is i was never got refusal for us visa and in one go i had recd u.s.visa..so definitely i had mentioned no to the question of have u ever refusal for us visa...i have replied my answer to visa officer.
Any one aware how long it would take to reply them.its frustrating to get pfl which is not true..
How long i woulf have to wait.any one have experienced this???

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi all,
I applied for work permit in last year may 2021,i recd pfl from visa officer stating that i had not disclosed us visa refusal in my profile.truth is i was never got refusal for us visa and in one go i had recd u.s.visa..so definitely i had mentioned no to the question of have u ever refusal for us visa...i have replied my answer to visa officer.
Any one aware how long it would take to reply them.its frustrating to get pfl which is not true..
How long i woulf have to wait.any one have experienced this???
How could it be?? So you have never ever applied for US, then how come they send you so? Has it happened that you try to enter US with no success.

June2022

Jun 25, 2022
How could it be?? So you have never ever applied for US, then how come they send you so? Has it happened that you try to enter US with no success.
I hold U.S.visa which i got in first attempt ....still they raised pfl stating i did not disclose the rejection of visa and all...one month has passed.still no reply from ircc.
I dnt knw why people have to suffer who are not wrong at their end.how long it would take nw

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I hold U.S.visa which i got in first attempt ....still they raised pfl stating i did not disclose the rejection of visa and all...one month has passed.still no reply from ircc.
I dnt knw why people have to suffer who are not wrong at their end.how long it would take nw
Did you sent any letter of explanation??
Yes waiting period is too long these days, I agree.

June2022

Jun 25, 2022
Did you sent any letter of explanation??
Yes waiting period is too long these days, I agree.
Yup, have sent explanation (with date of applied US visa also mentioned)before one month.didnt hear back yet.
I m worried after waiting also atleast they grant visa,because i have heard pfl is nothing but pre refusal they want to give.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yup, have sent explanation (with date of applied US visa also mentioned)before one month.didnt hear back yet.
I m worried after waiting also atleast they grant visa,because i have heard pfl is nothing but pre refusal they want to give.
I know wait times are killing these days. Don't worry if you have sent explanation letter, you can only wait. Hope they don't flag misinterpretion to your file.

June2022

Jun 25, 2022
I know wait times are killing these days. Don't worry if you have sent explanation letter, you can only wait. Hope they don't flag misinterpretion to your file.
OMG!!seriously,there are chances???but i have not misinterpreted.(que. Was like have you ever refused for us visa denial and i said no,which is right at our end.wht else we can write??can just pray for everything goes well.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
OMG!!seriously,there are chances???but i have not misinterpreted.(que. Was like have you ever refused for us visa denial and i said no,which is right at our end.wht else we can write??can just pray for everything goes well.
You never know with IRCC. Just keep praying.

Giams

Jul 22, 2022
@legalfalcon, I am in a similar situation. My UK visit visa was refused a couple of years ago. I am already in Canada and received the AOR on July 5, 2018. I got my student visa and PGWP without mentioning the UK's visa refusal. So I didn't mention it in the PR application either. I feel like raising a CSE will further complicate things. What would be the right course of action? Should I just let me be or raise a CSE?
I’m in this exact situation. Please how was it resolved

Jul 24, 2022
@legalfalcon Hello, i have a query. I was in Uk in 2009 and again at 2011 I extended by study permit. But in 2013, I cud not pay my university fee and i was withdrawn from the course and university told me that i was reported to UKBA. My visa was till 2014 november. So I stayed till then. Coz i didn’t receive any order from UKBA. It was only in june 2014 that i received order to leave but I left only in november. After that in 2015 i applied to canada student visa but i didn’t mention about these situations. I know I should take the responsibilty for this but it was all done by my consultancy. In the travel history he only put 2009-2011. And then My visa got rejected on the ground of study gap. No any misrepresentation. Now I am married and have a baby. My wife wants to apply for canada pr and i will be a secondary applicant . Will it create a problem now because i didn’t mention anything before? What if I write Loe clearly? Donwe have a chance of getting pr

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
@legalfalcon Hello, i have a query. I was in Uk in 2009 and again at 2011 I extended by study permit. But in 2013, I cud not pay my university fee and i was withdrawn from the course and university told me that i was reported to UKBA. My visa was till 2014 november. So I stayed till then. Coz i didn’t receive any order from UKBA. It was only in june 2014 that i received order to leave but I left only in november. After that in 2015 i applied to canada student visa but i didn’t mention about these situations. I know I should take the responsibilty for this but it was all done by my consultancy. In the travel history he only put 2009-2011. And then My visa got rejected on the ground of study gap. No any misrepresentation. Now I am married and have a baby. My wife wants to apply for canada pr and i will be a secondary applicant . Will it create a problem now because i didn’t mention anything before? What if I write Loe clearly? Donwe have a chance of getting pr
Don't hold back any info. Mention everything clearly write letter of explanation. I had seen people hiding and facing consequences whereas disclosing everything truthfully leads to clear path. So keep your calm it may take time but should be the best way out.