+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys what is the difference between these two questions and which one in related to mention previous tourism visa refusal ?

Has xxxxxxi been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxxxxxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Guys what is the difference between these two questions and which one in related to mention previous tourism visa refusal ?

Has xxxxxxi been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxxxxxxxxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
So the first one is you being refused a refugee, PR visa, visitor visa, temporary visa or any province of Canada including Quebec?

Second is you are ever ordered or denied entry to Canada or any other country?

First one is related to tourism.

KushlShah

Oct 11, 2022
@legalfalcon Heyy. I had filed application for Study visa. But I Forgot to mention previous visa refusal of my US visitor visa . Then I Raised webform, havent received response on webform but got PPR and now have submitted the passport for stamping. Please help what to do now and what will Happen. Others who have gone through this please help.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
@legalfalcon Heyy. I had filed application for Study visa. But I Forgot to mention previous visa refusal of my US visitor visa . Then I Raised webform, havent received response on webform but got PPR and now have submitted the passport for stamping. Please help what to do now and what will Happen. Others who have gone through this please help.
Don’t worry. As long as you have raised a webform, you are good. Ircc make note of your webforms, they don’t reply unless additional information is needed.

Reactions: Darinka

KushlShah

Oct 11, 2022
Don’t worry. As long as you have raised a webform, you are good. Ircc make note of your webforms, they don’t reply unless additional information is needed.
But i have only received an auto reply from them when i raised the webform. I have not received any receipt that they have received it.

Oct 12, 2022
I mistakenly ticked “No” to have any previous visa refusals when I was applying to TRV two weeks ago .Hence I have a UK refusal.But today I raised a webform including new Application and refusal letter had 8 years ago.And apologized .I am still worried on the mistake I did .Can still my visa get reject.?I applied with my spouse and baby?still it will be affect to my spouse and baby’s visas too.Thank You

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Hi everyone, so my parents are on PGP and got their PR visa yesterday. Back in October 4 (2 years in the application), we submitted a webform as well as sent an email to our local visa office for additional disclosure regarding refused US visa that we forrgot to declare. Today, one day after receiving the visa, we got an email from CEC acknowledging receipt of documents and that its added to the file.

Will this cause an issue with our visa now? like would it get revoked or go back to processing? My parents are planning to land next week.

Please please please advise if anyone has a similar issue

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi everyone, so my parents are on PGP and got their PR visa yesterday. Back in October 4 (2 years in the application), we submitted a webform as well as sent an email to our local visa office for additional disclosure regarding refused US visa that we forrgot to declare. Today, one day after receiving the visa, we got an email from CEC acknowledging receipt of documents and that its added to the file.

Will this cause an issue with our visa now? like would it get revoked or go back to processing? My parents are planning to land next week.

Please please please advise if anyone has a similar issue
Have an eye on the application approval status. If it goes back to processing, they will be asked to go back to the home country until the PR application is back to finalized.

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Have an eye on the application approval status. If it goes back to processing, they will be asked to go back to the home country until the PR application is back to finalized.
Yeah! I have been checking obsessively. But if it remains as approved and visa in the counterfoil remains "Your document is valid" then should be good to still fly out right?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Yeah! I have been checking obsessively. But if it remains as approved and visa in the counterfoil remains "Your document is valid" then should be good to still fly out right?
Has to be in that status when they land and go through immigration . Try calling IRCC, just to be safe.

becca2309

Nov 18, 2022
@legalfalcon I would appreciate your advice. Last month, an immigration lawyer submitted a PR application on my behalf & I haven’t received an application number yet. On the application I didn’t mention that a petition to change my status from opt to h1-b within the US was denied. It skipped my mind because I don’t think a change of status petition is a visa application per se.

I am now applying for a work permit on my own and would like to disclose this information. Should I also submit a webform disclosing the same info once I receive the no. for my PR application?

Aq1

Nov 24, 2022
Hello,
I forgot to disclose a visa refusal; however, I received a study permit and visa.
Now, I would like to apply for PR. (I have not applied yet)

I spent some time reading Q&As in this thread. I will definitely answer truthfully this time, but I wonder if I should elaborate on my mistake in the LoE.
The officer may not even notice the inconsistency. The question is not about the previous applications either. Isn't it somehow highlighting your problem without being asked for it? The truthfull answer isn't enough?

I wonder if people who went through these stages have something to tell?
@legalfalcon I appreciate it if you could let us know your opinion in 2022 :)

Thank you,

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I would appreciate your advice. Last month, an immigration lawyer submitted a PR application on my behalf & I haven’t received an application number yet. On the application I didn’t mention that a petition to change my status from opt to h1-b within the US was denied. It skipped my mind because I don’t think a change of status petition is a visa application per se.

I am now applying for a work permit on my own and would like to disclose this information. Should I also submit a webform disclosing the same info once I receive the no. for my PR application?
Usually, a change of status is not a new application for a visa or to enter the Country. So if you did not disclose it, it would not be fatal. However, to err on the side of caution you should disclose it.

You can just send a webform to IRCC and inform them. No big deal.

Reactions: becca2309