+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello, I am a permanent resident of Canada and this questions is regarding my spouse. We will be applying his PR application next month but we have a question. For the question, have you been refused entry to any country or Canada, he was in New Zealand and came to India in 2018, he had a valid work visa at that time, but as he was having some issues with his employer, he cancelled his work visa which he was not aware off. He had his ticket booked the same year as were thinking the visa is valid, like I mentioned we were not aware of the cancellation, so he has his ticket via Thailand and Thailand immigration told that his visa his cancelled and cannot go to New Zealand. He got a call from NZ immigration at the airport and he was told by the immigration officer that your visa is cancelled. SO he could not go to new Zealand. we got an email from new Zealand immigration that if my spouse was not thinking of working for the same employer, why did not he find another employer and change his visa to study or some other sort of visa. We told them about the employer misbehavior and why he left the work, but the immigration officer said they have to cancel his visa and it was cancelled by employer(closed work permit) and we got a visa cancellation email saying your visa is cancelled as you were out of NZ and you are not working for XYZ employer since.....2018. They mentioned in the letter that he can apply for new visa and which be judged as a new application but immigration has to judge it as per recent rules.
This is all that happened, so I am confused that whether should be reply yes or not to the question- have you been refused visa or entry to any country?

Your help will be appreciated. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I am a permanent resident of Canada and this questions is regarding my spouse. We will be applying his PR application next month but we have a question. For the question, have you been refused entry to any country or Canada, he was in New Zealand and came to India in 2018, he had a valid work visa at that time, but as he was having some issues with his employer, he cancelled his work visa which he was not aware off. He had his ticket booked the same year as were thinking the visa is valid, like I mentioned we were not aware of the cancellation, so he has his ticket via Thailand and Thailand immigration told that his visa his cancelled and cannot go to New Zealand. He got a call from NZ immigration at the airport and he was told by the immigration officer that your visa is cancelled. SO he could not go to new Zealand. we got an email from new Zealand immigration that if my spouse was not thinking of working for the same employer, why did not he find another employer and change his visa to study or some other sort of visa. We told them about the employer misbehavior and why he left the work, but the immigration officer said they have to cancel his visa and it was cancelled by employer(closed work permit) and we got a visa cancellation email saying your visa is cancelled as you were out of NZ and you are not working for XYZ employer since.....2018. They mentioned in the letter that he can apply for new visa and which be judged as a new application but immigration has to judge it as per recent rules.
This is all that happened, so I am confused that whether should be reply yes or not to the question- have you been refused visa or entry to any country?

Your help will be appreciated. Thank you
You have to answer "yes".

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
You have to answer "yes".
Thank you for your reply . I forgot to mention that he applied for a work visa in Jan 2020 for canada which got cancelled saying applicant is very mobile and they feel he will not leave canada as he has been to some other countries too. I checked the immigration form submitted at that time and our lawyer at that that said no to the question (have you been refused entry to another country), we told him the case and was not aware of many things.I have the gcms notes and with info sharing with NZ, it says NRT. Should we mention in the new application that it was an error from our lawyer side that he didn’t mention it in the previous application about the visa cancellation? Thank you again !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply . I forgot to mention that he applied for a work visa in Jan 2020 for canada which got cancelled saying applicant is very mobile and they feel he will not leave canada as he has been to some other countries too. I checked the immigration form submitted at that time and our lawyer at that that said no to the question (have you been refused entry to another country), we told him the case and was not aware of many things.I have the gcms notes and with info sharing with NZ, it says NRT. Should we mention in the new application that it was an error from our lawyer side that he didn’t mention it in the previous application about the visa cancellation? Thank you again !
You should list all refusals in the new application, including the Canadian refusal. No, I would not include a letter stating this was an error on the lawyer's side. IRCC holds the application responsible for all answers included in the application.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
You should list all refusals in the new application, including the Canadian refusal. No, I would not include a letter stating this was an error on the lawyer's side. IRCC holds the application responsible for all answers included in the application.
Thank you so much for your help. Sorry, just worried , do you think it is going to create any problem like the other form that we have submitted for work application said no refusal before and now we are mentioning that?
Thank you so much

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I applied a work permit from Singapore and got approved. I applied again when i was here in Canada and got approved but those applications, I forgot to disclose my US visa refusal. Again, I want to apply and these time I want to dosclose it with letter of explanations, would that be okay?
Hello, did you disclose your refusal and how did it go? Thanks

sanvi1509

Mar 28, 2022
I am totally frustrated now because I forgot to mention my study visa rejection in Canada in 2019.
I submitted my application on 22 November 2021
I got mail for application acceptance on 15th February 2022
I got a request for medical on 15th March 2022.

I filled out the webform and add the refusal letter and submitted it to ircc.

Can anyone help me with what happens to my application does that rejected?

duke_007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
At this stage your application will be at CIO. So just raise a CSE and explain that your inadvertently forgot to mention the visa refusal when submitting your application.

Prior visa refusals have no consequence on the decision of the PR application, unless the visa refusal was due to fraud, misrepresentation or a serious immigration violation.

Mentioning the prior rejections does speed up your BGC. Many applicants forget to mention prior refusals, and then they will later receive ADRs.

Ne need to worry, just raise a CSE and explain, and if you have the refusal letter, send that too.
Legalfalcon - have a quick question -> I have a scenario, where my amendment request for a state change from California to New York was rejected in the US. It was not a visa denial though, and I was still able to continue my work in the US from the state of California. Not sure if that visa or permit denial question in the eAPR application applies to this case. I have answered this question as "No" in my TRV application.

Want to know your take on it? Also as because I said No in the TRV, if I say "Yes" NOW in the eAPR, along with the reasoning STATING that I am not really sure if my case falls WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS QUESTION, will this lead to "procedural fairness" issues for application being inconsistent? Please help me out here

duke_007

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Legalfalcon - have a quick question -> I have a scenario, where my amendment request for a state change from California to New York was rejected in the US. It was not a visa denial though, and I was still able to continue my work in the US from the state of California. Not sure if that visa or permit denial question in the eAPR application applies to this case. I have answered this question as "No" in my TRV application.

Want to know your take on it? Also as because I said No in the TRV, if I say "Yes" NOW in the eAPR, along with the reasoning STATING that I am not really sure if my case falls WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS QUESTION, will this lead to "procedural fairness" issues for application being inconsistent? Please help me out here
Legalfalcon - following up to know your valuable response on the same

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I am totally frustrated now because I forgot to mention my study visa rejection in Canada in 2019.
I submitted my application on 22 November 2021
I got mail for application acceptance on 15th February 2022
I got a request for medical on 15th March 2022.

I filled out the webform and add the refusal letter and submitted it to ircc.

Can anyone help me with what happens to my application does that rejected?
If you have informed IRCC via webform and added refusal letter, that's good to go.

Reactions: pigface

v2hacker

Dec 3, 2018
Folks need your experience and advise on this , similar case here, I forgot to mention previous travel reject history. My biometric and medical is done 15 days back.

the problem is am not able to retrieve the rejection letter, nor able to recollect the dates ( tried all ways to get it) , this was during nov 2015 when the unfortunate Paris bombing happing , visa was declined then.

Can you advise on the next steps.

An early response will be great!

Kashan Afzal

Sep 23, 2020
Hello folks,
I'm totally streesed out at this point of time and need your genuine guidance.
I have submitted my pr application and my eAPR is 13th June.
However, today I just realized a grave mistake of not mentioning my spouse's UK previous travel visa rejection (in 2014) as we both totally forgot about it. My spouse is indicated as non accompanying.
I understand that this is a serious matter and can lead to rejection and a ban.:(
Now I'm thinking of raising a CSE and explain everything and also provide rejection letter.
What else should I do in this case? Has anyone gone thru this?
I'd appreciate response from senior members like @legalfalcon
Thanks
ok. do update me if u get any response from cic. thanks
I am facing the same situation and want to know.
Was this problem resolved?
How did you resolved this issue?
Please share your advice

MANtoAB

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Islamabad
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
31-01-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2022
Med's Done....
21-02-2022
@legalfalcon

I have a Canadian visit visa refusal in 2019, I did mention any previous application towards IRCC in the express entry profile and provide the previous UCI number as well. However, in the statutory questions, I mistakenly answer "NO" to *question number 1, but I answered "YES" to **question number 2, with **question number 2 I have also mentioned the refusal reason as well. Moreover, I have raised the webform for this mistake as I have mistakenly answered "NO" to *question number 1 and I attached the visa refusal letter with the webform, Is it okay to do that?

*1. Has<applicant> been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

**2. Has <applicant> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Last edited: