+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

pariiii

Mar 5, 2022
@legalfalcon
please help i recently submitted pgwp application . forgot to mention my previous caq refusal. raised webform but wrote wrong month of caq refusal. should i raise webform again to correct my mistake. what should i write in that. please help. i am so stressed

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
@legalfalcon
please help i recently submitted pgwp application . forgot to mention my previous caq refusal. raised webform but wrote wrong month of caq refusal. should i raise webform again to correct my mistake. what should i write in that. please help. i am so stressed
Withdraw ur application

pariiii

Mar 5, 2022
@legalfalcon
but wrote correct year in that

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
@legalfalcon
Re-raise your webform and also submit a letter of explaination. That will help.

Reactions: pigface

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

No need to stress out, Just send a webform, make sure you provide the correct details and also point out that the previous webform had an error.

Reactions: pigface

Maryam1998

Jan 31, 2021
@legalfalcon can you please help?

I applied for my parents supervisa online on jan 31st, 2022 and I forgot to mention that they had a Canadian TRV refusal 8 years ago. While reviewing the confirmation messages from IRCC- i realized i accidentally did not mention the previous visa refusal at Canada. I

jan 31night i submitted the application

feb 1st i summited webform to withdraw application mentioned that I have made some errors on the questionaries' and not sure how to correct them so aI would like to request a withdrawal and i got auto response saying 5 business days they will respond

feb 2nd i submitted a new webform mentioning the exact reason why i want to withdraw the application- notified the oversight of not mentioning Canadian TRV refusal. i also mentioned in the webform that please allow the withdrawal so that I can pay new fee and re submit the application with correct info.

now it is up to the officer to either let me withdraw the application or allow the existing application with the corrected information.
i am very stressed. it is my parent's visa and i made the error so i am feeling very guilty for anything may going wrong on their profile.

please help me- i don't want them to get punished for my silly mistake and get misrepresentation ban
hello, your parents got any update or ppr?

pariiii

Mar 5, 2022
@legalfalcon can you please help
guys i am in same boat.
my schengen tourist visa was refused and it was not disclosed by my agent during my study permit application and then i just followed that by answering no every time (study permit extension,work permit) and now in cec too.
i submitted on 4th of sep 2021 please tell me what should i do?
how to raise a web form and also what explanation you guys gave n that please reply
did you get pr?? did u raise a webform ?? pleas reply i am in the same boat

Feelings92

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

Any application you file can be looked into and there should be no discrepancy if you have filed multiple applications. If you filed a TRV in which you did not declare a job, and then you claimed a job in your PR application, this is a discrepancy. Similarly, if you were refused a visa before, the same has to be declared in the subsequent application filed with IRCC.

If you file any application with IRCC, TRV, WP, PR etc, any of them can be looked into to review your current application and any inconsistency can be a cause of misrepresentation. All applications have to be consistent, and if they are not, a reason on why you omitted the information has to be provided. Even if the reason is that you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior refusal, you have to inform IRCC.

While answering the statutory questions you have to list all prior visa refusals. Failing to declare any prior visa refusal is misrepresentation and the federal court has ruled on it in the following decision:

Algohar v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2019 FC 1364 (CanLII), available at http://canlii.ca/t/j36dk

It is an applicant's duty to disclose all material information pertaining to ones information and answer all questions truthfully.

If you inadvertently forgot to mention a prior visa refusal, you can send a web form and inform IRCC. Irrespective of what stage your application is at, or if it has even been approved, if it is found that you failed to disclose any material information in your application, it can impact your PR status.

In Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII) the court held, " Section 16(1) of the Act requires visa applicants to answer all questions truthfully and produce all relevant documents and evidence reasonably required when making an application under the Act. The purpose of the misrepresentation provisions in the Act is “to ensure that applicants provide complete, honest and truthful information in every manner when applying for entry into Canada” (Jiang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2011 FC 942 at para 36; Khan v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2008 FC 512 at paras 26-29; Wang v Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2005 FC 1059 at paras 57-58, affirmed in 2006 FCA 345 [Wang])." I emphasize that it does not matter that the authorities may have the ability to catch the misrepresentation or not. What matters is whether the misrepresentation induced or could have induced an error in the administration of the IRPA.

Does a prior visa refusal have an impact on the process of your PR application?

The answer is maybe. It will depend on why the visa was refused. If it was refused for criminality, immigration fraud, HRV issues etc. then you will have to look into criminal inadmissibility and security inadmissibility issues. If the reason was just an administrative one, such as the via officer not being satisfied, then it will not have any impact as long as you have disclosed it.

Also, if you have a prior visa refusal from Canada, the same applies, as long as you have disclosed it. The criteria for PR and visitor's visa are different and except for what is listed above, it will not have an impact, provided you disclose it.
Hi ,
I got a question . So when I got my application number . I sent them webform with new IMM 5669 with marking yes to visa refusal and than write an explaination letter telling them that I made an innocent mistake and I have past refusals and answer should be yes. I haven’t given much details on refusals . Do you think it’s enough ? To should send them again explanation of Letter with all information for refusals ? They however asked my wife IMM 5669 form not mine. So does it mean they accepted my IMM 5669 form ?