+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous refusal

jsprt

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hi there , I recently got my PR approval. But I realised that I forgot to mention my previous Canada and Australia refusal in my PR application. I mentioned them in my study visa application. What should I do about that ? I got the PR approval though.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi there , I recently got my PR approval. But I realised that I forgot to mention my previous Canada and Australia refusal in my PR application. I mentioned them in my study visa application. What should I do about that ? I got the PR approval though.
Better to do it now rather than face consequences later while citizenship. You never know.

jsprt

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
It will only be a problem, potentially, if you do not resolve this. Contact IRCC (even if it means calling the dreaded call center and hoping to reach a human). Ug!
So in this case , how can we inform the IRCC , I mean what are the ways as they have already closed my file

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I am scared , can it lead to serious consequences if I let them know about this now ?
Yes do as suggested in above post. Let me get it straight would you be able to deal with it during your citizenship process??? I am pretty sure you had read about the case of "Mishra consultancy, Jalandhar case". She (don't remember her exact name but I think it is Kamaljeet Kaur) is about to be deported on 29 May, although having done everything by book but due to consultant's fault. Second similar case came to light today a student from same consultant. Don't risk it..

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

jsprt

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Yes do as suggested in above post. Let me get it straight would you be able to deal with it during your citizenship process??? I am pretty sure you had read about the case of "Mishra consultancy, Jalandhar case". She (don't remember her exact name but I think it is Kamaljeet Kaur) is about to be deported on 29 May, although having done everything by book but due to consultant's fault. Second similar case came to light today a student from same consultant. Don't risk it..
Thanks

jsprt

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Thanks for your reply! I will let them know for sure. Through which way should I let them know about it , I mean through my consultant or by calling IRCC or submitting webform ?
Which is the most appropriate way

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks for your reply! I will let them know for sure. Through which way should I let them know about it , I mean through my consultant or by calling IRCC or submitting webform ?
I think by consultant is good since it seems you had applied through them. They had all your history at hand.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Send in a webform

island755

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto ON
Misrepresentation could cause hefty penalties. Whether it is a genuine mistake or purposely done..

mommamia

May 28, 2019
Hi! May I ask for any updates on your case? Did you inform them? If yes, did you get a response?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure what to do
Well, doing nothing for the ~7 months since your original post is not the best plan.

You can't `un-ring' the bell, but you can certainly do something. IRCC will not ruin your life; mistakes happen and the sooner you correct this, the better.