+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forget the password and recovery answer

corrimarvin

Nov 11, 2019
Dear guys,

I got my study permit last week. But I find that I can not login the cic account with the original GC key. I tried to renew the password, unfortunately I forget the recovery answer. I would like to ask are there any further step or process that I have to manage in this account even the study permit is approved ?
Thank you for your attention. Thank you.

spiderfromars

Jun 1, 2020
unfortunately there's nothing you can do to recover your account, you must know the answers to your questions. also, as per my understanding i don't see why you'd need that account anymore since you already got your approval, the whole idea of that account is to check the status of your visa and upload documents if required by ircc but once approved there's no need for such any of that. good luck!
also, can you share your timeline and the country you applied from?

corrimarvin

Nov 11, 2019
unfortunately there's nothing you can do to recover your account, you must know the answers to your questions. also, as per my understanding i don't see why you'd need that account anymore since you already got your approval, the whole idea of that account is to check the status of your visa and upload documents if required by ircc but once approved there's no need for such any of that. good luck!
also, can you share your timeline and the country you applied from?
Thank you for your reply. Below please see my timeline.

Jan - apply diploma in college
April - got the LOA
April - apply SP
May - Biometric, medical check
June - got the SP

And I applied from Hong Kong.

Reactions: spiderfromars

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Dear guys,

I got my study permit last week. But I find that I can not login the cic account with the original GC key. I tried to renew the password, unfortunately I forget the recovery answer. I would like to ask are there any further step or process that I have to manage in this account even the study permit is approved ?
Thank you for your attention. Thank you.
There is no way to get an account back if you forget the passwords, hope you kept a copy of any documents received in there.
You need an account to do other things like apply for extensions, switch schools, apply for new permits etc but you can just open another one. You can even try linking your old application to your new account and the old info should show up in there.