+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forex

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hi I am leaving to Canada as student, How much CAD can I carry in hand and Is Forex card accepted everywhere in Canada ? Like for say (taxi, malls to buy sim card). Although I have $10,000CAD as GIC where I can only get it after arriving in Canada. So before that, I need some cash in hand. Can anyone tell me what's the best idea to carry cash in hand or to buy Forex card? and how much is allowed at airport security check?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When landing in Canada you can carry as much money as you want but you have to declare if the amount is over 10K. If it is a really large amount you would have to show where the money is coming from to prevent things like money laundering. I would carry a bank card and a credit card. Make sure to notify them that you are going abroad so they don't disable your cards.

goudam

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
When landing in Canada you can carry as much money as you want but you have to declare if the amount is over 10K. If it is a really large amount you would have to show where the money is coming from to prevent things like money laundering. I would carry a bank card and a credit card. Make sure to notify them that you are going abroad so they don't disable your cards.
Thanks a lot. I will carry a bank statement along with.

canadaprexpressentry

Dec 3, 2018
@tobs
Hi,

Can some one guide me about carrying my funds to Canada during first landing as PR. Is Forex a good/cheaper way? How much will be the withdrawal limit in bank ATMs there? Any idea? Please share.

TIA

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs
Hi,

Can some one guide me about carrying my funds to Canada during first landing as PR. Is Forex a good/cheaper way? How much will be the withdrawal limit in bank ATMs there? Any idea? Please share.

TIA
I think opening a bank account before you land is the cheapest way as well as carrying cash.