+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience

p1990

Oct 3, 2016
Hello everyone.

I had a question about my foreign work experience. I have shown that I have one year experience for my foreign work experience. However, I am actually short 11 days in order qualify for getting one year experience. Will this create a problem?

Thanks

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
p1990 said:
Hello everyone.

I had a question about my foreign work experience. I have shown that I have one year experience for my foreign work experience. However, I am actually short 11 days in order qualify for getting one year experience. Will this create a problem?

Thanks
Probably.
CIC states explicitly that you must have 1 year of work experience.
It's possible that you could get a very generous VO who decides to waive the rule for you, but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

p1990

Oct 3, 2016
What if I show that I used 10 days of my vacation time making my work experience one full year.
Would that be okay? My employer is ready to add that in my experience letter. My paystub states that I got paid in full for that month.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
p1990 said:
What if I show that I used 10 days of my vacation time making my work experience one full year.
Would that be okay? My employer is ready to add that in my experience letter. My paystub states that I got paid in full for that month.
I think that would be okay, but you should probably ask a senior; they will know for sure.