+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience: Worked longer than 1 year, claiming only 1 year. Is this ok?

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey guys,

I'm prepping my documents to submit under Canadian Experience Class & I'm also claiming 1 year of foreign work experience. I worked 1 year full-time but then worked a few months as a part-time employee for the same company. In my reference letter, do this information has to be included? As I'm only claiming 1 year of full-time work and those couple months of part-time work don't give me any points... therefore I don't want to mention/claim them. Please let me know your thoughts. Just wondering if I have to include this information.

Also, since I worked for my partner's company (IT/web development business), and he is applying with me for PR under same application, and he will be issuing me the experience letter, will this be a problem? The work was genuine, I have already requested tax documents from my country's government to prove that I've declared/paid taxed and it is shown that I worked officially for my partners company. I also prepared bank statements which clearly show that I was paid legally via bank. Also, have requested an account who takes care of our company's taxes (it's a separate company) to provide a letter, basically describing her experience working with me in order to prove that I really performed my duties. I worked as I web project manager.

Have any of you claimed worked experience that you got from your family's/partner's company? If yes, did you encounter any problems? My partner's business is still active, we have incorporation documents, registration number, etc. If needed I could provide additional documents but don't want to overwhelm immigration officers. would appreciate if you could share your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks!