+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience 25 points instead of 50?

BertoMaple

Dec 28, 2015
Hi guys,
I hope someone can help. I've already created my profile on EE and was expecting 456 points but only got 431. I only got 25 points under Foreign Work Experience, but I think I should have 50. Here's the list:

NOC 5212 from Jan 2012 to Feb 2013
NOC 5212 from March 2013 to Oct 2014
NOC 4169 from Feb 2012 to Aug 2012

If you sum up the three of them you have 3 years and 4 months. I have to say that all of them were part time jobs (actually, the last one was an internship, but I can claim it cause it was paid). Could you please advice on that? Is it because they are different NOCs? Or because they were part time? Or, finally, because I was working in two places at the same time? I know that after the minimum required to be eligible for FSW (1560 hrs of continuous work in the same NOC) the system should sum up all the other skilled work experiences. Anyone could help??

Thanks!!

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I'm not wrong, along with work experience you need to have CLB 9 in each ielts band to get 50 points.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BertoMaple said:
Hi guys,
I hope someone can help. I've already created my profile on EE and was expecting 456 points but only got 431. I only got 25 points under Foreign Work Experience, but I think I should have 50. Here's the list:

NOC 5212 from Jan 2012 to Feb 2013
NOC 5212 from March 2013 to Oct 2014
NOC 4169 from Feb 2012 to Aug 2012

If you sum up the three of them you have 3 years and 4 months. I have to say that all of them were part time jobs (actually, the last one was an internship, but I can claim it cause it was paid). Could you please advice on that? Is it because they are different NOCs? Or because they were part time? Or, finally, because I was working in two places at the same time? I know that after the minimum required to be eligible for FSW (1560 hrs of continuous work in the same NOC) the system should sum up all the other skilled work experiences. Anyone could help??

Thanks!!
First: check this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

look: you have many tricks there
1- They will only consider one NOC
2- For foreign work experience, you need 1 year at least of full time continuous work
3- There are points for the work, and there are points for adaptability >> work years + Language level mix.

BertoMaple

Dec 28, 2015
look: you have many tricks there
1- They will only consider one NOC
2- For foreign work experience, you need 1 year at least of full time continuous work
3- There are points for the work, and there are points for adaptability >> work years + Language level mix.

[/quote]

Thanks widemam! Got some doubts, though:

1- Yes, but isn't it just for the minimum requirement? Besides, even if I put them all under the same NOC (I could do that cause the work I did fits both) the result won't change.
2- Or the equivalent in part-time, which is my case, I mean, I have more than 1560 hrs.
3- CLB is 9 or more for all the language parts.