+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign work exp

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Thanks, i have payslips not all but mostly as well as its seen on the tax forms that I filled that showing how much time i have worked there. and i assume if its ok that instead of HR, the experience letter can be signed by the immediate boss?

Akildasor

May 1, 2017
Hi Ishan congratulations!!
Just have to ask you, did you provide LOE for the foreign work experience you add in your PR application?

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Guys I have a query I am claiming work experience from June 1, 2016 to December, 2020

I was employed at a company from January 1, 2016. But for the first six months I was not paid, so I did not disclose it in my PR application.

I had put the work experience in my study permit application? Would that make a difference?

Please let me know.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Guys I have a query I am claiming work experience from June 1, 2016 to December, 2020

I was employed at a company from January 1, 2016. But for the first six months I was not paid, so I did not disclose it in my PR application.

I had put the work experience in my study permit application? Would that make a difference?

Please let me know.
I think you need to ammmend it. Doesn't matter if you are paid or not. Moreover doesn't your experience letter cover that period. Also you said you are claiming points, wouldn't that time period be accounted for.

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
No my work experience letters does not mention that time period since it was unpaid and I am not claiming points for it.

SSR88

Star Member
Apr 26, 2021
Am I suppose to mention that in my personal history section? I have already received my ITA

andy2608

Jun 14, 2022
I have a question I have submitted my application for BC PNP. I have declared that my work exp from April 2019 to presently working for the same company. Now I am thinking of leaving the company without giving a notice period.
So my question is can I mention that I left the employment when I apply for my PR (EE application) and do I need a new reference letter from the company.
and the main question do they always call your employer to verify as I am planning to leave without giving a notice period my employer wont be really cooperative if IRCC calls them.
I have submitted a reference letter, salary slips (with bank statements showing salary deposited), cash salary slips (for the first two years of employment) ITR for all years of employment.
Looking for advise from people who received their PR did IRCC call your foreign employer to verify or just the Documents which where submitted enough to prove work experience.