+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Reference Letters...opinion.

Jack3d

Dec 14, 2017
Hello, first of all, sorry for creating another post about this I had read all this forum about this topic, but would like to have a fresh opinion on my case in specific.

I have more than 1 year of Canadian experience so I'm applying for the CEC, my employer will give me the letter with all the requirements etc(I'll satisfy the one year of Canadian employment and also I have a job offer with the same company ), I have 5 years of foreign work exp, however, I want just show the exp of the mains companies I had work on which are 2, one of them was in 2010 1 year and 5 months full time, this was during my studios at university( I used to study in the morning and work afternoon until night more than 6hr per day, not related to the university or apprenticeship), now I aiming for the letter of this employer but maybe she will not be willing to give me that letter, in that case, I have contracts and at least 3 of my colleges can provide me letters and I actually can prove the final work I did in this company, the other 1 year was with other company in 2014 that was full time as well, but after complete the year I quit and then I started working remotely with this company, I worked 1 year and 3 months with this company as a freelance, for this case I have the letter of this company and I can prove the income in my bank account, however, the income is not monthly due they paid me for project so I used to work 3 months in one project then they pay me. 1 month in another then they pay, etc. also I have some payslips for this projects, not for all of them unfortunately but the letter will show all the information.

so in conclusion to prove my foreign work exp I would have.

-1 job(1yr 5 month) / Letter with the logo of the company or letters of my colleges + contract of this period + proof of my work( websites, credits or articles where they mention my name)

-2 job( 1yr) / letter with all the requirements

-3 job(1yr 3 months)(self employed or freelance) / letter with all the requirements + bank statements + some payslips

you think this should be enough?

If my case would be ideal I will go just with the Canadian experience, however, I need the points for my foreign work experience, so I just want to know your opinion you think I should be worried, I am right now.

thanks.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

First you shouldn't be worried. You have done all you could right? So stay focused. Second I don't think you can gain experience if you were a student, meaning while on your study permit you can not count the experience. I'm assuming that is your job #1. If yes take it out of the equation.

Stay for more replies.

jay3d

Feb 25, 2017
Hi there,

First you shouldn't be worried. You have done all you could right? So stay focused. Second I don't think you can gain experience if you were a student, meaning while on your study permit you can not count the experience. I'm assuming that is your job #1. If yes take it out of the equation.

Stay for more replies.
Hi thanks for your response, sorry if I wasn't clear, my question was about my foreign work experience (which I'm using to get enough points) I don't have problems with my Canadian work experience is more than 1 year, with a work visa and work permit so its fine. anyway, thanks !!

Reactions: rezafc

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi thanks for your response, sorry if I wasn't clear, my question was about my foreign work experience (which I'm using to get enough points) I don't have problems with my Canadian work experience is more than 1 year, with a work visa and work permit so its fine. anyway, thanks !!
That, I'm not sure of. Stick around for more replies.

Best of luck,