+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Police Certificate

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question about the Police Certificate:

My country of residence is Lebanon. But I lived in Spain for 2 years (2013-2015) to study for my Masters Degree. So, naturally I have to get a Police Certificate from there. I have not been in Spain since 2015 and I do not live there anymore, I've been here in Lebanon since then, and I'm applying from here, so my question is:

Can I personally travel now to Spain, on a tourist visa for example, to apply and get a Police Certificate myself, or I must request it by mail?

After I get it and come back to Lebanon, I will upload it to my e-APR. It would be easier for me if I actually go there, but I read somewhere that it will be invalid because I must get a Police Certificate after I leave the country. That doesn't make sense to me....

Anyone has any idea if I can do that?

Immigreat81

May 28, 2017
Hi guys,

My country of residence is Lebanon. But I lived in Spain for 2 years (2013-2015) to study for my Masters Degree. So, naturally I have to get a Police Certificate from there. I have not been in Spain since 2015 and I do not live there anymore, I've been here in Lebanon since then, and I'm applying from here, so my question is:

Can I personally travel now to Spain, on a tourist visa for example, to apply and get a Police Certificate myself, or I must request it by mail?

After I get it and come back to Lebanon, I will upload it to my e-APR. It would be easier for me if I actually go there, but I read somewhere that it will be invalid because I must get a Police Certificate after I leave the country. That doesn't make sense to me....

Anyone has any idea if I can do that?
As you said, you need to get the PCC AFTER you leave a country. So applying whilst you're there won't work.
Go to the Spanish embassy in Lebanon and ask if they can help you. Also see the CIC website; it lists requirements for each country.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys,

Any method or process identified by IRCC on their website as valid is acceptable.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/spain.asp

Yes, you can do that. It doesn't make sense to me either; if you go to Spain for just a few days, you are clearly just visiting. Nonetheless, IRCC recently clarified some of its confusing language, such that if your trip to Spain IS considered part of your residency there, the PCC would be valid for 6 months (It needs to be valid at the time you submit your eAPR).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

"If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

• are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
  • have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Well yes exactly! I plan on submitting my e-APR directly after I obtain the PCC, it's my last remaining document. I am just trying to see if it'll be valid if I get it myself rather than from outside the country.

HassanH

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Unfortunately I can't get it online because you need to be registered to be able to do that (You have a residency card and a bank account and all that), and I have none.