+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign experience while in Canada

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think you should mention whatever experience you have while creating your profile and like xiaohan mentioned the system will automatically determine the program whether FSW or CEC.
Yeah, but supposing I have had this foreign experience while I've been studying as well, how can I even count that? CEC does not recognize experience gained while studying (no matter which company), so I'm not sure how many years of experience I should say I have because depending on the stream I might have 1 or 4 years of foreign experience.

RD1991

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I came to Canada as a student. It was only after I graduated, that I got my PGWP. I guess that's the requirement you're talking about. If there's anything else which I'm missing, please mention. As per Income taxes in Canada, since I'm not earning anything here I believe I'm not liable to pay any taxes. I did mention it to my accountant. He agreed.

I'm really grateful for your responses and thank you for looping in another member for a second opinion.
Hi there, I really hope you see this message and are able to reply back. Did you use the remote experience to apply for express entry for FSWP? Did it work?? I have previous remote experience from back home while I was on pgwp as well and I've been researching online but there's barely anything online related to this. Please do let me know! Thanks!