+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Experience on Work Permit

thisisvivi

Nov 7, 2022
Category........
CEC
Hi everyone,

I need help with this question.

I was working for a year freelancing for a company in my home country, while I am living in Canada on my work permit.

Can I add this experience to my express entry application? Is this considered valid foreign work experience as it was when I was in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I was working for a year freelancing for a company in my home country, while I am living in Canada on my work permit.

Can I add this experience to my express entry application? Is this considered valid foreign work experience as it was when I was in Canada?

Thanks in advance.
You cannot claim points for this work experience. You cannot double count (i.e claim points for two different jobs and work experience at the same time).

siris25

May 26, 2024
You cannot claim points for this work experience. You cannot double count (i.e claim points for two different jobs and work experience at the same time).
Hi,

I have the a query, I was working part-time in a company from June 2022 to April 2024. I completed my studies in December 2022 and continued working part-time there till April 2024, after applying and later receiving my PGWP.

So, can I show my experience from June 2022 to December 2022 during my study permit separately and my remaining experience from Jan 2023 to April 2024 as a work permit holder separately while submitting an express entry profile under work history? Even though it was continuous work. Just so the system could consider my experience after PGWP as 1 year for CEC?

Advice would be appreciated.

mickhence

May 20, 2024
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

mickhence

May 20, 2024
Yes, you can add freelance work experience from your home country to your Express Entry application, even if you were in Canada on a work permit at the time. It's considered valid foreign work experience.