+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Those who have applied under NOC 4131

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Thanks behzad,

- The appointment is as "Post Graduate Teacher- Accountancy" as I mentioned earlier.
- It is tough to get any specific reference/experience letter from the institute, explaining that the teacher has been teaching Bookkeeping. But it is a major part of the 'Accontancy Syllabus'. In 11th grade, Bookkeeping is taught all year, in 12th grade, rest of the Accountancy is taught.
- Yes teaching Accountancy is more mature case than teaching only bookkeeping, but then there is no Job Category under NOC 4131 as 'Accountancy Teacher'. ('Bookkeeping Teacher' is there under 4131)
- 'Accountancy Teacher' is under NOC 4141 (as a 'Secondary School Teacher')

Thanks again,
S.

sagara

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I am a IT graduate in computer and have the PGD in IT too. i have 15 years of experience IT programmer,System nayst,Technician and software engineer. I have completed my LL.B and wish to continue my carrier in IT and Law related field.Presently i am working as a IT instructor in a state university in srilanka and i was qualified under NOC4131. I just lodged my second application

What would be the job i should target for in canada
what is the best place to live in canada
what are the additional skills i should get before i come to canada
how is the whether in canada and is it too cold

Please advice me
Sagara

sp2009

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Hi,

I have received my medical + passpoport + rprf fees.

I have applied under 4121. I am having master degree and currently working in a PG department as a lecturer. Now, suddenly i have realised that it is better for me to apply under 4131. So, is there any rejection possible at this stage because of i have applied under 4121 rather 4131.

3 months are over and still i have nnot received my passport back,.

Please help me

BUMBLEBEE

Sep 7, 2009
parnit said:
Hi all,

Yesterday, I got Permanent immigration Visa. I am indebted to this Visa forum for this. I have applied under NOC 4131. My time lines are as follows

Intial application to NS 28 Jan, 2009
Received prelimanary approval 18 Feb 2009
Sent Full documentation to CHC ND 28 May,2009 ( delay because of renewal of passports of minor Kids)
Received AOR from CHC ND 8 June ,2009
Received Request for Medical,PPR RPRF 13 June,2009
Sent Medical,PPR and RPRF 18 june,2009
Received receipt of RPRF 26 June,2009
Received VISA 23 July, 2009

WOW parnit 6 months?! i didn't realise it could be so fast.
I am applying under 4131 and 0111. App sent to NS Jul 6, Email request to send docs to London received on 2nd Sept, hope to send in October as am waiting on some paperwork. I am with the London office.
Has anyone heard of anybody else getting their visa so quickly?

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Hi BUMBLEBEE,

There are many in this forum, who are getting the Visa in around 6 months,,!!

Best wishes to you too dear,,

vasantvihar

Aug 25, 2009
I'm a 2003 applicant.

Did my Medicals, submitted RPRF, and Passports on April 14, 2009

It's Sep 21 and i havent got the passport back with VISA

It's been several months now 5 months and going on to the 6th one now.

Im under the Job Code 4131, and Im a training manager in a top Indian IT company and have been working in this field since 2001.

I have a BA in English and a Diploma from Canada as I studied there.

Any people who have submitted passports and havent received any info for many months?

P.S. My CAIPS says I have 70 points. So I'm fine, also has I.O's comments saying that he's satisfied.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
Dear Vasantvihar,

I think you send an e-mail and request the status, sometimes it helps to shake up ur file.
btw, when did you apply for caips notes? (as that also helps shake up ur file, i feel)

Let seniors comment as well
Best of luck

missioncanada

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear vasantvihar
You should send your query through case specific inquiry and you will definately get the response.

vasantvihar

Aug 25, 2009
Dear Friends,

I had studied in Canada and in my caips, ( including the second one ordered now) it shows i have 70 points, which I knew when I had applied for ciaps first time,.

Their replies are standard and they dont mean anything in their emails. its all a standard template, thats what CIAPS file revealed as it said PA asked for info " STANDARD REPLY SENT"

Also, my second caips which i got Sep 15, revealed that they had not done any work despite having my passports with them from April 2009, the last thing they ever did on my case was on June 1, which was revealed in my first CAIPS. This CAIPS in Sep was my second caips and was identical as the first caips as nothing was done by them from June 2009- Aug end 2009. Ofcourse Im still waiting.

Like I said earlier, they are bull sh*tt*ng me, and I was shocked to see when they said delays happen due to need of an interview etc.

Why I also said that it's all a standard template as I was surprised to see when a friend who updated file 13 months ago was sent the same email when RPRF, MEDS AND PPR hasnt even happened for him

The Canadian High Commission bull sh itting us.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We have already replied to your email on 11-08-2009. Please understand that our office cannot provide you with updates by email on a regular basis, but rest assured that we will contact you if any action is required on your part.

In order to serve all clients better, we will be unable to answer further correspondence at this time.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

hiamu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16-09-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
1FEB2010
Med's Done....
6FEB2010
Passport Req..
1FEB2010
VISA ISSUED...
23FEB2010
LANDED..........
11JUN2010
Hi All,

Just wanted to share that my status changed to 'Application received' and, I received the AOR via registered post from CHC New Delhi.
My DD was returned with this letter as I had taken for Rs. 43,000 (490$x2). They wanted it for Rs. 42,880 instead.

the letter reads,

We have created a file with the file number -------. Before your application ca be placed in processing, a determination will be made as to whether or not you are eligible for procesing, you will receive a letter informing you of the reasons for the decision.

Processing time: If you have not received any
instructions from this office 3 months after you submitted your full application, you are requested to contact this (New Delhi office)

Best Wishes

hunker

Dec 7, 2009
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
Nomination.....
noooooooooo
AOR Received.
22-03-2010
IELTS Request
8 BANDS
File Transfer...
05-03-2010
Med's Request
18-05-2010
Med's Done....
15-06-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2010
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2011
Hello all lecturers

Hi all,

I am a college lecturer.
Is there any good news in this category from any of our lecturers ?

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Behzad/SANTOSH and Senior Members:

Out of five NOCs related to teaching, only 4121 and 4131 are eligible for immigration as of today. 4121 teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities/degree-granting colleges. Whereas 4131 teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools.

My question is that, if applicant’s country of work experience has different education standards than Canada, do the immigration officers make comparisons to Canadian educational standards while assessing applicant’s NOC?

For example, in Pakistan secondary school completes at grade 10. After that students go to college for 2 years. After completing the college, students go to University to study for degree.

Generally, secondary schooling in Canada is 12 years (except Quebec). After that students get post-secondary education from Universities, Community Colleges/Technical Institutes.

Secondary education in Quebec is 11 years. After completing secondary school, students go for CEGEP, which is post-secondary education. CEGEP has two tracks 3-year technical CEGEP diploma and 2-year pre-university CEGEP. After completing either of the CEGEP student can attend University.

From the above I draw following conclusion:

1) If immigration officer makes comparison of Pakistani and Canadian (except Quebec) education system then anyone who is teaching grade 11/12 students in Pakistan is basically equivalent to teaching secondary school level according to Canadian education system. That will categorize applicant in NOC 4141, which is for teachers who prepare and teach academic, technical, vocational or specialized subjects at secondary schools. This will disqualify the applicant for immigration.

2) If immigration officer makes comparison of Pakistani and Quebec education system then anyone teaching grade 12 students in Pakistan is basically equivalent teaching 1st year CEGEP (which is post-secondary education) according to Quebec education system. That will categorize applicant in NOC 4131. This will qualify the applicant for immigration.

3) If immigration officer makes no comparison of Pakistani and Canadian education system then anyone teaching grade 11/12 students in Pakistan is basically teaching at post-secondary level. That will categorize applicant in NOC 4131. This will qualify the applicant for immigration.

Is my conclusion reasonable?

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I can't answer your question but let me ask you one more question that might aid others in answering.
CEGEPs also offer three-year technical programs which are more like vocational qualifications. Do the colleges in Pakistan that you go to before university offer similar vocational qualifications as well.

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Yes, in Pakistan students can go for Technical/Vocational education after grade 10. At the completion of Technical/Vocational education, a diploma (2 or 3 year program) or certificate (1 year program) is awarded. Those student who complete 3 year diploma are eligible for admission to university.

Students can also go for Technical/Vocational education after grade 12. At the completion of Technical/Vocational education, a diploma (1 or 2 year program) or certificate (1 year program) is awarded.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
My question is a bit different. Do people who go these colleges, can they get a technical education at these colleges. Two kinds of people go to CEGEP. One is those who do two years and then go to University and the other is those who study at CEGEP for 3 years and get a vocational education. That is my understanding from wikipedia anyway. So was wondering if those going to these colleges in Pakistan have the same option at studying at the same college. That is study at the college for two years and go to university or study at the college for 3 years and get a vocational qualification. This discussion might be academic in nature because I don't really know the answer to your question but I am hoping that your answer here might help others reply to you.