+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those who filed their application on February 2021, gather here~

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Medical passed today. Requested to submit a police certificate too. Anyone with the same request from PHL? How long would the next update happen?

Also, my SOWP medical has no update too. Hope it will follow soon.
I was also asked to submit a PCC. I have applied for the PCC, still waiting for it. See my details below:

(Family of 5 - Mother and 4 children. Spouse not travelling with us)

Intake: May 2021

Medical: Upfront (4th Feb 2021)
Stream: Non-SDS
Applied: 2nd Feb 2021
BIL: 4th Feb 2021
Bio Done: 8th Feb 2021
Bio Completed: 11th Feb 2021
Medical Passed:
  • For 3 kids - 11th February 2021
  • For Me - 26th February 2021
  • For 4th kid (toddler) - 11th March 2021
Eligibility started: 11th March 2021
ADR: 16th March.
  • Requested for PCC. I didn’t include in app - wasn’t part of checklist.
  • Requested for Non-accompanying parental consent for one of the kids - I uploaded this with app, but the document couldn’t be opened by VO.
BVL: PENDING
PPR: PENDING

I have applied for my PCC and should get it next week. I emailed IRCC to inquire why I was being requested for PCC as it wasn't part of the checklist on my application form. I got this response the next day:

Good day Client,

Further documentation is requested from the applicant, for review. The officer would like to make a final decision but is awaiting on the Police certificate.

Thank you

Kind regards

Migration Section | Service de migration (NO)
High Commission of Canada in South Africa | Haut-commissariat du Canada en Afrique du Sud
Government of Canada Gouvernement du Canada
pretimmigration@international.gc.ca
www.canadainternational.gc.ca/southafrica-afriquedusud/

Mar 25, 2021
Hi All,
I submitted my application on 8th March and updated the Biometrics on 16th.
I noticed later that my Loan documents were not uploaded and sent a webform - I got an email today saying they will open my application account and let me upload the documents in the next 5 days. This really gave me a panic attack (missing documents part), so I am trying to cover all bases with this upload documents opportunity.
Does it make sense to get my medical done in the meantime or should I wait for them to request it?
Anyone who got their medical exam after submitting but before the IRCC requested it?
Any insights would be helpful.

Thanks,
Isha.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi All,
I noticed later that my Loan documents were not uploaded and sent a webform - I got an email today saying they will open my application account and let me upload the documents in the next 5 days. This really gave me a panic attack (missing documents part), so I am trying to cover all bases with this upload documents opportunity.
Does it make sense to get my medical done in the meantime or should I wait for them to request it?
Anyone who got their medical exam after submitting but before the IRCC requested it?

Thanks,
Isha.
I submitted our applications on Feb 2nd, then did medicals 4th Feb. I then sent webforms attaching the e-medical documents (with the UMI number) provided to me by the clinic to IRCC. By 11th February, my kids' medicals have been linked and passed. Mine passed on 26th Feb.

Reactions: StudyPermitUpdates
Mar 25, 2021
I submitted our applications on Feb 2nd, then did medicals 4th Feb. I then sent webforms attaching the e-medical documents (with the UMI number) provided to me by the clinic to IRCC. By 11th February, my kids' medicals have been linked and passed. Mine passed on 26th Feb.
Awesome. Thanks for that. I'm going to get this done as well if that's the case. Anyhow my account will let me upload documents - but the doctor did mention they will send the medical report directly to the embassy - this is for India.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Yo
Awesome. Thanks for that. I'm going to get this done as well if that's the case. Anyhow my account will let me upload documents - but the doctor did mention they will send the medical report directly to the embassy - this is for India.
Yo so we can do the medical exam without the letter from IRCC after submitting the application? I was actually waiting for that.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes they send the results directly to IRCC but they will give you a document (an invoice of sorts) with your UMI number on it. That's the number IRCC will use to associate your result with your application.

Mar 25, 2021
Yes they send the results directly to IRCC but they will give you a document (an invoice of sorts) with your UMI number on it. That's the number IRCC will use to associate your result with your application.
Got it, thank you. I'll keep posting if there's any progress. Good luck to you. :)

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Yo
Yo so we can do the medical exam without the letter from IRCC after submitting the application? I was actually waiting for that.
If you did not include the upfront medical, then it's better now to wait for the medical request rather than sending medical via webform.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Fair Enough.
QQ - Have they gone through everything else before they ask for medical or is it a monotonous step like Biometrics?
If they are taking the hassle to request for medical then they have gone through the profile and think one can get it, otherwise they can simply refuse visa without requesting for medical.

Mar 25, 2021
Yo
I wasn't sure too and that's when I posted here. Looks like it worked for @wonderbly. Not sure if it's worth a shot but my agent said one can do it - doesn't particularly speed up the process but doesn't hinder it either.

syrianapplicant2001

Star Member
Mar 6, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks,
Isha.
I'm probably wrong, but I wouldn't advice uploading documents other than the documents you told them were missing in the webform. They opened your application account so that you upload the loan documents so if you upload other than that they may think that you were not honest in the webform about the documents that were missing. I'm just sharing the first (unverified) thought that came to my mind, so I might be completely wrong about this.
By the way how do you send a webform?