+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those Stuck on DM ... Waiting for Oath Invite

layla_

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
I posted this in the Calgary Timeline thread.. but thought others might be interested as well. :)
----------------------------
---------------------

For everyone who feels stuck on DM and waiting on Oath invites... I actually called CIC the other day to inquire about my case and the call agent was super helpful.

She could not tell me why someone like myself who has been DM since July 27th has yet to receive an invite, but as per a few posters from the same office, someone who only received a DM a week or so ago ALREADY has received an oath invite.

She did confirmed that my file is good and "scheduled for oath invite" in the system.

However - She also told me that the oath invites are scheduled from the actual individual offices themselves, and not CIC, and each office has it's own "system" for scheduling oath invites and there was really no rhyme or reason to how teach office scheduled the cases or the invites. (Calgary office has many ceremonies a week, so it's not a case of lack of judges etc)

So for those also stuck on DM, waiting for oath and becoming frustrated... chances are it has NOTHING to do with an issue with your file, it's just, once again, a ridiculous non-system working our patience. o_O

Hope the info helps someone a bit.
Hang in there!

Reactions: parisien