+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Parents :: Marriage certificate NOT available - what are the options?

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
HI Guys,

My parents do have marriage certificate and they are current in Canada on Super Visa. I am lucky to got invited for parents PR. However, currently i don't have copy of marriage certificate since marriage certificate is in India and i cant get it. However, marriage certificate was already summited to CIC at the time of super visa application.

what are my option here... should i get affidavit from local Notary or I write a explanation letter along with application of non availability of marriage certificate currently.

same is the case with my birth certificate,

pls advise

thanks in advance...

Loisie

Jul 18, 2019
Port Harcourt
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My parents have a wedding certificate issued by the church and they have been issued ITA PGP in Jan, do I need to get a Notary public to that effect

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
SO did all of you succeeded in getting a certificate made from notary. Were your applications successful. Please share your experience. Thanks

kinjalpatel87

Oct 21, 2021
Hi
I am also planning to apply for My parents PR Application but they don't have marriage certificate as they were married in India and back then in india no marriage certificate were issued or made, Can someone please send me format of letter of explanation because I can't provide marriage certificate of my parents so I need to submit letter of explanation as why I can't provide marriage certificate but I don't know how to make letter of explanation.

Please help and send me format of letter of explanation
my email id is kinjuhunny87@gmail.com

Thank you in advance

Poppey

Dec 7, 2014
I am applying for my parents PR. They don’t have marriage certificate, can someone please send me the template of marriage affidavit, and sample letter of explanation.My email- kbipalav@gmail.com
Appreciate your help!!

neha_arora1985

Star Member
Feb 6, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 14, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 19, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with an App
Hi All,

Please provide me the sample letter of explanation for not having marriage certificate. I am sponsoring my parents and they don't have marriage certificate.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Neha Arora

Arsh Khattri

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Visa Office......
vfs chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
26-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2013
LANDED..........
09-09-2013
Hello
Could someone please send me the sample letter of explanation for not having the marriage certificate and the affidavit format at
Sajan.kumar70@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

jonnyquest

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
13th May 2016
Nomination.....
13th Aug 2016
yes affidavit definitely work but if they r in india then they can get their marriage register after even 50 plus years....
Hi can you pls let me know what's the process of getting the marriage certificate in India

kanuKannan96

Jan 26, 2023
i will tonight...i guess i need to take the pic ...hide the personal information and post it....yes it was fine with them.....
Hi Amarpreetd, can you please send forward The affidavit format to me also. My parents does not have a Marriage certificate
That will be really helpful
. thanks

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Amarpreetd, can you please send forward The affidavit format to me also. My parents does not have a Marriage certificate
That will be really helpful
. thanks
IRCC is not accepting the affidavits as proof of marriage anymore. We submitted one and they said it is not a valid document. They asked to submit Voter ID card and Aadhaar card. Make sure the name and address match on the proof match for both the parents and also with the passport.

kanuKannan96

Jan 26, 2023
IRCC is not accepting the affidavits as proof of marriage anymore. We submitted one and they said it is not a valid document. They asked to submit Voter ID card and Aadhaar card. Make sure the name and address match on the proof match for both the parents and also with the passport.
Thank you so much for the clarification! Amarpreetd