+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Parents :: Marriage certificate NOT available - what are the options?

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Hello friends,

I am planning to apply PR for parents in Jan 2017 but I have an issue wrt to marriage certificate of my parents. As they are married in India and back then no such certificates were issued or made. What are the options now? Does the Notary Affidavit works and whats the format?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
abhionly4u1 said:
Hello friends,

I am planning to apply PR for parents in Jan 2017 but I have an issue wrt to marriage certificate of my parents. As they are married in India and back then no such certificates were issued or made. What are the options now? Does the Notary Affidavit works and whats the

Please advise.

Thanks,
yes affidavit definitely work but if they r in india then they can get their marriage register after even 50 plus years....

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Thanks Aman, yes they are in India but the process is so cumbersome and it requires 4500 of fee and witnesses from the marriage, close relatives etc etc. Its too much hassle. Moreover, there is a strike going on so won't be possible.

Best shot I see is to get marriage affidavit, if its OK with you, can you please share the template you used in a private message or post here. I will be helpful to me and many others on same boat.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
abhionly4u1 said:
Thanks Aman, yes they are in India but the process is so cumbersome and it requires 4500 of fee and witnesses from the marriage, close relatives etc etc. Its too much hassle. Moreover, there is a strike going on so won't be possible.

Best shot I see is to get marriage affidavit, if its OK with you, can you please share the template you used in a private message or post here. I will be helpful to me and many others on same boat.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
i will tonight...i guess i need to take the pic ...hide the personal information and post it....yes it was fine with them.....

abhionly4u1

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Amarpreetd said:
i will tonight...i guess i need to take the pic ...hide the personal information and post it....yes it was fine with them.....
Thanks you so much, is it possible to send today as I am planning to get my parents have affidavit tomorrow, IST TZ and preparing the verbiage for them. Sorry to rush, I truly appreciate your help. Thanks again.

taj2511

Nov 17, 2016
hello friends

I also wants to apply for my parents for PR in jan2017
Even my parents don't have marriage certificate.

Could you please send me template too.

And I have one more question do they need to fill IMM5409 and IMM5406?

Thanks
Tajinder

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
abhionly4u1 said:
Thanks you so much, is it possible to send today as I am planning to get my parents have affidavit tomorrow, IST TZ and preparing the verbiage for them. Sorry to rush, I truly appreciate your help. Thanks again.
i am sorry for the delay.......but my printer at home was not working.....so couldn't do copy to black out personal info......asked hubby to do it tomorrow at his work.....thats the only copy we have and want to keep it intact.......sorry for the delay....but will do for sure....

taj2511

Nov 17, 2016
Thanks

I have one more question

on IMM 5669

I am sponsoring my father an mother

On IMM5669 my father has to put my grandfather and my grandmother DOB

They are from village and in old days there was no birth certificates and other documents.
So my question is , do we need to show any proof for DOB or we can put just with an idea/guess ?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can submit an affidavit. You don't need to get a marriage certificate.

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
taj2511 said:
Thanks

I have one more question

on IMM 5669

I am sponsoring my father an mother

On IMM5669 my father has to put my grandfather and my grandmother DOB

They are from village and in old days there was no birth certificates and other documents.
So my question is , do we need to show any proof for DOB or we can put just with an idea/guess ?
you don't need your parent's birth certificate only yours to show relationship......parent's birth certificate not required

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Amarpreetd said:
you don't need your parent's birth certificate only yours to show relationship......parent's birth certificate not required
oh sorry you are asking about grand parents birthdates.....what burthdate r they using for their any kind of id .....adhar card etc use that....no proof is required

Amarpreetd

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
i have the template ready to share but dont know how to post the pic of document from gallery.....if some one can help me please