+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Parents :: Marriage certificate NOT available - what are the options?

Karishma B

Oct 12, 2017
i will tonight...i guess i need to take the pic ...hide the personal information and post it....yes it was fine with them.....
Hi Amanpreetd, could you please send me the sample Affidavit format in lieu of marriage certificate for parents as well. Thanks, much appreciated.

Karishma B

Oct 12, 2017
Thanks Aman, yes they are in India but the process is so cumbersome and it requires 4500 of fee and witnesses from the marriage, close relatives etc etc. Its too much hassle. Moreover, there is a strike going on so won't be possible.

Best shot I see is to get marriage affidavit, if its OK with you, can you please share the template you used in a private message or post here. I will be helpful to me and many others on same boat.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Hi, could you please send me the sample Affidavit format in lieu of marriage certificate for parents as well. Thanks, much appreciated.

Dec 6, 2017
Hi,

I have a similar query and the discussion on this thread still remains unclear. My mum and dad lost their marriage certificate. They got married in the 60s'. What would be an alternative to meet the provision for visa to USA immigration?

could you please send me the sample Affidavit format. Thanks

My email id kaleem@rowah.net

meghamal

Mar 7, 2018
Hi

My mom is no more but i need the marriage certificate to apply for my dad, can someone send me the affadavit as well, Ill ask my Dad to get it attested.

thanks
Megha

brightdreams

Mar 26, 2018
Hi

My mom is no more but i need the marriage certificate to apply for my dad, can someone send me the affadavit as well, Ill ask my Dad to get it attested.

thanks
Megha
Hi Amanpreetd, could you please send me the sample Affidavit format in lieu of marriage certificate for parents as well. Thanks, much appreciated.
Hi

Can you please send me the format of affidavit as i am applying for my parents and they don't have marriage certificate. Thanks.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
i will tonight...i guess i need to take the pic ...hide the personal information and post it....yes it was fine with them.....
Hello Amarpreetd,

could you please share the template for marriage certificate related affidavit, my parents too don't have a marriage certificate.

Thanks in advance

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
Hello @Amarpreetd
I'm in a similar situation as you were a few years back for Parents immigration. Its a bit urgent, as I need to ship application in a week to Ottawa. Can you please share (DM) the template for the affidavit in lieu of parent's marriage certificate?

Thanks very much.

singh1033

Apr 19, 2015
Marriage Affidavit

I, _____ , born on , (Name of declarer) (Date of birth)
residing at _____ , (Address of declarer)
make oath and say as follows:
(1) A marriage is proposed to be solemnized between me and
_____ , (Name of fiancé(e))
national of ___ , (Country of origin of fiancé(e))
residing at ____ . (Address of fiancé(e))
(2) I am free to marry, being single/divorced. (select as appropriate)
(3) I believe that there is not any impediment by reasons of kindred or alliance, or other lawful hindrance to the above marriage.
(4) I am __ _ years old. (Age of declarer) I swear on my conscience that the statements made by me in this affidavit are true.

_____________________________________ Signature of Declarer (must be signed in front of the designated officer) Sworn before me at the _________________________ of Canada in ___________,
Embassy/Consulate/Honorary Consulate (city) this ______day of ___________ , 20___. ___________________________

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
Hi

thanks
Megha
Hi Meghan I am in a similar situation my dad passed away and I am applying for my mom. Do I still need marriage certificate of my mom & dad. Thanks in advance

Umesh1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Med's Done....
9 March
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015( DM - 4 Feb 2015 ) ( In Process - 20 Nov 2014 )
Hi
I need to apply PR for my parents and they don’t have marriage certificate . Can someone send me template for affidavit being talked about in post .

preet_25

Dec 20, 2013
I got an invitation to submit for file to sponsor parents, my parents are in India right now. They don't have marriage certificate, Can they make affidavit from India?
Will it work?

apsingikar

Feb 26, 2016
Hello
If anyone has affidavit format for parents marriage certificate, please share and just wanted to know if we need stick parents photo on the affidavit.
Thank.you

armstrong

Jul 18, 2016
Please if anyone could share the affidavit template with me, I am also in same situation.
Really appreciate the help.