+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For how many of you is it a matter of life and death...

kshakir

Apr 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Currently I am working in Dubai, and I already got a UK Tier 1 (previously HSMP) immigration visa on April 4, 2009, so it is really not a matter of life and death , but still I would prefer to move to Canada if I got a chance since most of my family is now there. but off course every thing depends on the comparison of job market between UK and Canada as well.

A

adnan_hsn

kshakir said:
Currently I am working in Dubai, and I already got a UK Tier 1 (previously HSMP) immigration visa on April 4, 2009, so it is really not a matter of life and death , but still I would prefer to move to Canada if I got a chance since most of my family is now there. but off course every thing depends on the comparison of job market between UK and Canada as well.
Appreciate your response. It was a lot sensible than the previous one. And I'm almost in the same boat as you. Just need a change in scenery.

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Like you guys....I need the change and scenery and feel that I can achieve a lot more than what I am doing now.

C

cchabert

I came to USA to follow the dream, after almost 9 years I live everything but a dream I'm on H1B so I can't change to a better job, I have the same salary since 2000, I'm overqualified and under paid here and with my lawyer said that my GC will be out in 3 or 4 years I think the future looks better in Canada.

Peace!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I second Mahharrouf.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rupeshhari said:
I second Mahharrouf.

I am standby Rupeshhari , dont worry and WELCOME back, although you are getting away from us but i think its enough alteast too :)

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
kshakir said:
Did you already compare job market between UK and Canada? I am in a similar dilemma myself. I am into IT (Java). Do you mind sharing your results?

From what I found out, HSMP is a bit less advantageous than PR. I believe HSMP guys are not eligible for unemployment insurance. Of course, I am not planning on immigrating just to collect unemployment. I am just thinking few years down the line ( if there is another recession 5 or 6 years down the line). Even in the case of HSMP, I believe we can do survival jobs in other professions, unlike H1B. I hate that restriction with H1B. I don't mind doing odd jobs until I find something in my field.

kshakir

Apr 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not compare UK and Canada market yet, what I can tell you, that from 35000 ft. both looks the same, but there might be significant difference when you land any of these territory. I just received my visa for UK 2 weeks back so I just started to look into UK market through internet, (I am IT professional as well).
I will look into Canada market when I got something in my hand. I dont want to do any hyper activity just right now :). what I heard from others that both markets are not very good these days. and I can tell you Dubai market that is bad also :(,

but anyways one positive point for me in Canada is that most of my family is there...

A

adnan_hsn

koolguyme said:
I believe HSMP guys are not eligible for unemployment insurance.
You are right. They didnt give you Tier 1 to come here and claim benefits, but the aim to bring you here is that you can work hard as an immigrant and pay taxes so the govt: can pay for the benefits that its own lazy citizens claim. But that a different debate. Lets just stick to the question that I asked about immigration to Canada for now.