+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For EE profile, should I list spouse's work history if I don't intend to claim points for her?

william-k

Apr 27, 2020
I'm creating an EE profile again, and I'm wondering if it's better to:
  1. List my spouse's work history in the EE profile, and then move it to personal history in the APR (we don't want to claim any points).
  2. Not list her work history in the EE profile, and simply add it to the personal history in the APR.
I found this thread from 5 years ago, not sure if the answer there is still pertinent:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spouse-work-experience-for-express-entry.334196/

Last edited:

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Go with option 2.

That is the only way spouse's foreign work experience should be declared, as no CRS points are granted for the same.

Reactions: william-k

william-k

Apr 27, 2020
Go with option 2.

That is the only way spouse's foreign work experience should be declared, as no CRS points are granted for the same.
Thanks, that makes sense. Should I explain this in the LoE, or is it the de facto standard?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
Ohh i forgot to add the LOE part.

Yes LOE is mandatory in this case. Just basic explanation about spouse's job/business and that you have not mentioned it in work history because you are not claiming points for the same.