+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

rabbzone

Nov 12, 2020
Hello can anyone help me I want to know i have done 2 years BA and 2 years of M.Sc (16 years of education) so how CES will consider it as a Masters or Bachelors?

thervelil

Nov 28, 2020
I have done Bsc (three years) and Msc (two years) from india. Please suggest which ECA agency will give master degree in this case.
Has anyone got ECA from ICES and what was the timeline

thervelil

Nov 28, 2020
munjal and Sita1987

I haven't got reply from BCIT (called ICES) for clarification rgdg costs for credential.

I downloaded the Application Form which answers this Qs:
http://www.bcit.ca/files/ices/pdf/ices_eca_application_fillable_2015.pdf

It is C$200 for each degree/qualification. BSc with MSc combination will cost C$400 and courier fees for regular processing, not Rush Processing which happens to be double cost.

I looked at courses offered by BCIT as study programs. It does not have any BSc or any course in Chemistry or Physics or Mathematics (like typical BSc course which we get in India). Eg: BSc course in BCIT is available for Biotechnology. Now in India a BSc degree is taking 3yrs, but in BCIT for BSc(Biotechnology) it is taking 5yr.

Somebody like ourselves with BSc and MSc combo (I think) will get similar assessment from BCIT (ICES) like WES. Not as Masters degree. This is my personal view.

If somebody has done assessment of BSc or MSc degree from India from BCIT (ICES) then plz tell your ICES assessment. It will help us very much.
Any reply you got for this ? as I was also looking for the same

Teenkatigda

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I went through a lot of threads to understand which ECA provider to choose but could't find anyone in my particular situation. For my acads, I did my B.Tech and then the 1 yr full time MBA from an IIM. I'm now trying to find out which ECA provider to choose to get my PG evaluated as Master's.

Read about WES giving Master's to PG from IIMs but most of the threads were about 2 yr MBA. Couldn't find any for 1 yr MBA from IIM. WES seems to be the fastest among all others, especially given the COVID situation.

Please suggest which ECA provider, WES / ICES / CES / IQAS, would be better for someone with an 1 yr MBA from IIM to get it evaluated as Master's in Canada.

Thanks
Cheers!
WES is evaluating 1 Year MBA from IIMs as Masters, as long it was full time. Like IIM A - PGPX, IIM B - EPGP, IIMC - PGPEX

Reactions: Popeye1

Popeye1

Aug 11, 2020
WES is evaluating 1 Year MBA from IIMs as Masters, as long it was full time. Like IIM A - PGPX, IIM B - EPGP, IIMC - PGPEX
Hey!
Thanks much. I wasn't able to get a clear answer to this question even after scraping this forum to a good extent, so this reply really helps. Btw, do you fall in the same bucket? Just curious.

rasmo0811

Sep 28, 2020
Hi
Hello, all members in this thread

It is about CES ECA

I recently completed my MBA-IT from LPU university and it was 2 years distance education programme. I want to know if anybody also has done masters from LPU and done with its ECA from CES. Kindly share your experience because I want to go with CES for the ECA for my master's degree.

Thank you :)
Hi, did you receive your eca?

gurwinderbrar

Jan 5, 2021
@affan_123 and mahhek

I have only done the online WES assessment. I haven't sent my degrees to WES as yet. It is on wes site I saw wrong assessment of my MSc. I still have chance to get correct assessment. hence I asked you if I must send other supporting documents to prove my Masters is a Masters

I have not done self assessment nor prepared documents myself. I have actual (and many) supporting documents to show that my MSc is on par with Canadian MSc. Also my MSc is not the same level as the MSc degree offered by Indian colleges. I have studied 18 years also

Would you suggest I go for assessment to wes or to ces as you know my case?

Anyone from india who had MSc assessed as Masters? From WES or CES?
I HAVE THE SAME CASE, Msc and Bsc, which eca body you choosen and what equivalency you got. plesae share your experience

Jo_Abraham

Jan 21, 2021
I HAVE THE SAME CASE, Msc and Bsc, which eca body you choosen and what equivalency you got. plesae share your experience

Hello, Can you provide me an update regarding your ECA outcome, Honestly I'm also stuck with the similar situation. I'm curious to know what had happened in your situation. Thanks

Varunm22

Jan 21, 2021
CES has mentioned that they will not be able to process ECA for mba/ pgdm from IIMs prior to 2017

Is it a problem which others have faced. Which agency should I approach for this eca

Sidpuri

Jun 1, 2018
For ignou master's degree which is better iqas,ices, wes or any other which will give its equivalent to master's please tell me

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
For ignou master's degree which is better iqas,ices, wes or any other which will give its equivalent to master's please tell me
IQAS

Kunal Rege

Jun 29, 2021
Can anyone help regarding WES: From Dec 1, 2018, the process of delivering transcripts fro india has been changed and university has to send it directly to WES.
1) I have bachelor and masters from two different college. So WES will receive two different posts for assessment. Is that fine?
2) For degree, WES mentions that it should be a legible copy. Does that means a self attest xerox copy or it has to be attested by the unversity as well? Also, can we fax it or send it or thhis has to be sent by the university as well?

Any clarity on the above query is appreciated
PGDM from SIES. Is it considered by ICAS?

Jul 24, 2021
I have completed Master of Management Studies (2-year Full-time course) from Mumbai University. Does IQAS/ICAS provide a Master’s equivalency for the same? WES gave equivalency of Bachelors degree (4 years)