+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
It is absolutely not my place to feel offended dear. And neither am I trying to cover up my previous comments for WES!! (cover up..really is that what you felt from my comments..trust me absolutely not)

I am trying to be rational here..if someone feels that only their masters is actual masters becoz they have done it from "the top-ranking" institute and rest others are from "general masters college" (whatever that means) I would like to clarify things that is all. My earlier post meant that you or me we can't decide which college is top ranking and which is not let us leave that to data and statistics. We are here trying to figure out if CES or any other organization can give us a better assessment rather the right one. And if WES has changed anyone's evaluation from existing one year graduate study to masters PLEASE LET EVRYONE KNOW (not a private message). In some earlier post someone mentioned that one of their friends got his/her education re-evaluated to masters from CES but again no further details.
Again I am stressing on the fact that we are here to help each other out not to prove right or wrong nor to prove whose masters is superior :p

And I PERSONALLY HATE WES AND WON'T EVER ADVICE ANYONE ELSE TO CHOOSE WES FOR ECA. Unless you are in a hurry coz as far as my understanding goes only WES gives ECA in 3 weeks time compared to CES which states 13 weeks as their standard required time...even ICAS takes a lot longer. That was the only reason I chose WES. Coz fees is not very different.
@ Can_US and Munjal: please I did not mean to sound defensive or take the side of WES. Why would I when I am myself a victim of WES's wrong evaluation. That is why I suggested you guys to opt for CES if time permits.
Sita1987..
Yes, I agree with you that WES is taking very less time and that's the only reason for we applicants to prefer it.

But, whatever it may be, I am planning to do my ECA only from CES though it will take 13 weeks or so.

And to share with you :) there is no pm happening for the details of member having change in ECA :)

Wish you good luck for your PR application :)

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok I know someone who has been evaluated differently by both institutions. I will share the link of this thread with him. He will reply if he is willing to. He is my university fellow. The only thing is, the people who have been evaluated correctly loves WES as they have a much shorter spam of assessment process and those who wasted their money by getting an extra evaluation hold a grudge against WES and hence react this way. So they choose to try ways to improve their score to get an ITA. We can all try. Nothing wrong with that. Simple. End of story :)

Ps: read the 5th comment here. http :// www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/why-difference-ces-vs-wes-assessment-t235230.0.html;msg3843700#msg3843700

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
mahhek said:
Ok I know someone who has been evaluated differently by both institutions. I will share the link of this thread with him. He will reply if he is willing to. He is my university fellow.
Thanks Mahhek that will really be useful to all of us.
Also if any one from India have sent their degrees to CES for evaluation can you please confirm:
"Official academic records/transcripts/statements of marks mailed directly to CES in a sealed envelope from each educational institution listed on your CES application form." Does this mean we can't take the transcripts from our universities in a sealed and stamped envelops and mail it to CES? Any one from Delhi university managed to convince DU to send their transcripts directly to CES ::) Coz even getting our marksheets and degree attested and sealed in a envelop took more that 3-4 weeks in case of DU :-X

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
Thanks Mahhek that will really be useful to all of us.
Also if any one from India have sent their degrees to CES for evaluation can you please confirm:
"Official academic records/transcripts/statements of marks mailed directly to CES in a sealed envelope from each educational institution listed on your CES application form." Does this mean we can't take the transcripts from our universities in a sealed and stamped envelops and mail it to CES? Any one from Delhi university managed to convince DU to send their transcripts directly to CES ::) Coz even getting our marksheets and degree attested and sealed in a envelop took more that 3-4 weeks in case of DU :-X
Sita1987,
nothing to worry about in this.
This process is similar to that we done for wes..

It is just that CES asks a separate envelope to be sent to them for transcripts/statement of marks..
In case of wes, people keep all documents and sealed envelopes from their universities in a single envelope and mail this single envelope to WES.

But here with CES, you need to mail each envelope separately to CES.

One envelope will be containing below documents and this envelope will bear your name as "From:"
• A completed and signed CES application form
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth
• A colour photocopy of both sides of the final award for each completed degree, diploma or certificate in its original
language with official English or French translation (if applicable)
• A colour photocopy of both sides of your academic records (transcripts, statements of marks) for each completed
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)

And there will be one separate envelope for each of your qualification containing below documents from your university. This envelope must be signed and sealed by your university officials.
• Official academic records/transcripts/statements of marks mailed directly to CES in a sealed envelope from each
educational institution listed on your CES application form.

Though it it optional, you can ask your university officials to complete below form and put it along with your transcripts/statement of marks in the sealed and signed envelope.

This form can be submitted to your educational institutions to have your Official Transcripts/Academic Records sent directly to the CES office in a sealed envelope.
http://learn.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Request-Official-Academic-Records-Dec-2014.pdf

You can take these signed and sealed envelopes from your university officials and courier this envelope/s to the CES with your University Registrar/COE Name as "From:".

So, the only difference in WES and CES here is that in WES it will be only one envelope to be couriered, where as in CES, there will be multiple envelope/s to be couriered to CES.. and it will increase the courier cost also accordingly.

I hope it helps.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahhek said:
Ok I know someone who has been evaluated differently by both institutions. I will share the link of this thread with him. He will reply if he is willing to. He is my university fellow. The only thing is, the people who have been evaluated correctly loves WES as they have a much shorter spam of assessment process and those who wasted their money by getting an extra evaluation hold a grudge against WES and hence react this way. So they choose to try ways to improve their score to get an ITA. We can all try. Nothing wrong with that. Simple. End of story :)

Ps: read the 5th comment here. http :// www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/why-difference-ces-vs-wes-assessment-t235230.0.html;msg3843700#msg3843700
Hi mahhek,
I checked the link given by you..
and yes, it is clearly showing that there is a difference between ECA done by WES and CES for masters degree (esp MSc, MA, MCom and such master degrees from India).

Thank you so much for sharing it here.

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Hi mahhek,
I checked the link given by you..
and yes, it is clearly showing that there is a difference between ECA done by WES and CES for masters degree (esp MSc, MA, MCom and such master degrees from India).

Thank you so much for sharing it here.

Our degrees are in computer science.

xlnc20

Apr 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahhek said:
It differ country to country. You are lucky to get evaluated corrected and the formalities are less. But for my country they want the higher education commission board to seal it. Ces has the same requirement. So no difference in terms of that. Yes evaluation time is very less as compared to CES. I recommend everyone to ask their country and preferably university fellows before making a choice. Forums can also help in this regard.
Yes you maybe rite.

However lemme share my credentials.. Alos these maybe the rarest of rare case:

B.tech degree in Electrical & elctronics Engg;4years, from JNTU(Hyd,India).
MS, Electrical Engg. from KFUPM(KSA), 2 yrs, but follows ABET cirriculum.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
munjal said:
Sita1987,
nothing to worry about in this.
This process is similar to that we done for wes..

It is just that CES asks a separate envelope to be sent to them for transcripts/statement of marks..
In case of wes, people keep all documents and sealed envelopes from their universities in a single envelope and mail this single envelope to WES.

But here with CES, you need to mail each envelope separately to CES.
One envelope will be containing below documents and this envelope will bear your name as "From:"
• A completed and signed CES application form
• A colour photocopy of your government-issued photo identification showing your date of birth
• A colour photocopy of both sides of the final award for each completed degree, diploma or certificate in its original
language with official English or French translation (if applicable)
• A colour photocopy of both sides of your academic records (transcripts, statements of marks) for each completed
program of study in their original language and official English or French translation (if applicable)

And there will be one separate envelope for each of your qualification containing below documents from your university. This envelope must be signed and sealed by your university officials.
• Official academic records/transcripts/statements of marks mailed directly to CES in a sealed envelope from each
educational institution listed on your CES application form.

Though it it optional, you can ask your university officials to complete below form and put it along with your transcripts/statement of marks in the sealed and signed envelope.

This form can be submitted to your educational institutions to have your Official Transcripts/Academic Records sent directly to the CES office in a sealed envelope.
http://learn.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Request-Official-Academic-Records-Dec-2014.pdf

You can take these signed and sealed envelopes from your university officials and courier this envelope/s to the CES with your University Registrar/COE Name as "From:".

So, the only difference in WES and CES here is that in WES it will be only one envelope to be couriered, where as in CES, there will be multiple envelope/s to be couriered to CES.. and it will increase the courier cost also accordingly.

I hope it helps.
Thanks for your prompt reply! This surely helps..since I am planning to send my degrees for reevaluation to CES. But looking at their document requirements I got discouraged.

One last clarification..statement of marks are same as marksheets we get in India right? Coz for issuing a transcript DU again takes a lot of time and we need to submit a lot of documents to them like syllabus for our courses taken up during our graduation (which most of us won't have obviously).

here I am assuming for getting our masters degree assessed we have to send our graduation degree and marksheets as well.

So we will be sending the following packets / envelops separately to CES:
1. application form (one form for both bachelors and masters) + credit card details + colored photocopies of all bachelors and masters degree and marksheets + color photocopy of passport front and last page
2. one envelop with official marksheet copies and degree sealed and stamped by university for bachelors (from university address but sent by us)
3. one envelop with official marksheet copies and degree sealed and stamped by university for masters (from university address but sent by us)

Thanks for clarifying. And all the best with your evaluation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:
Thanks for your prompt reply! This surely helps..since I am planning to send my degrees for reevaluation to CES. But looking at their document requirements I got discouraged.

One last clarification..statement of marks are same as marksheets we get in India right? Coz for issuing a transcript DU again takes a lot of time and we need to submit a lot of documents to them like syllabus for our courses taken up during our graduation (which most of us won't have obviously).

here I am assuming for getting our masters degree assessed we have to send our graduation degree and marksheets as well.

1. application form (one form for both bachelors and masters) + credit card details + colored photocopies of all bachelors and masters degree and marksheets + color photocopy of passport front and last page
2. one envelop with official marksheet copies and degree sealed and stamped by university for bachelors (from university address but sent by us)
3. one envelop with official marksheet copies and degree sealed and stamped by university for masters (from university address but sent by us)

Hate to be the dissonant voice again because surprisingly that is being viewed, of late, as being defensive instead of just having a rational viewpoint.

Before you decide to engage CES, it might be worthwhile to note that the member who reported a change (check that thread link which was shared earlier on this thread) had a Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science (possibly Engineering). And I imagine those are fairly regularly evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters by WES as well. The bone of contention has been the BA/MA, BSc/MSc, BCom/MCom combinations.

Might be worth checking around if anyone with those combinations got a different result. Your call though.

Hope it works out well for you. All the best!

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sita1987 said:

One last clarification..statement of marks are same as marksheets we get in India right?
I am afraid that you must send transcripts only. that is what knowledge I have.

Coz for issuing a transcript DU again takes a lot of time and we need to submit a lot of documents to them like syllabus for our courses taken up during our graduation (which most of us won't have obviously).
Just be specific with them. May be they are looking for some money for their chai-pani.. ;)

credit card details are not required.
Pls check below link for fees and payment methods.
http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/immigration/service-fees

Yes, but instead of marksheets copies, you must send transcripts. Else your entire envelope will be returned.
Yes, but instead of marksheets copies, you must send transcripts. Else your entire envelope will be returned.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Hate to be the dissonant voice again because surprisingly that is being viewed, of late, as being defensive instead of just having a rational viewpoint.

Before you decide to engage CES, it might be worthwhile to note that the member who reported a change (check that thread link which was shared earlier on this thread) had a Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science (possibly Engineering). And I imagine those are fairly regularly evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters by WES as well. The bone of contention has been the BA/MA, BSc/MSc, BCom/MCom combinations.

Might be worth checking around if anyone with those combinations got a different result. Your call though.

Hope it works out well for you. All the best!
Hi,
It is not been considered otherwise.. here we are just discussing about our preferences for doing ECA and hence this debate. :)

You are doing really a great job by helping many applicants on this forum and I have read your many posts previously.
Thanking you for suggesting a better option.

It is because we are sharing our own experience and after reading other members comments here, We are not against WES or CES or any other organization..

yes, at the end we will chose only that option which is the most beneficial we found and as you sensed correctly, we could not found WES a much beneficial option when it comes for ECA of Masters degree compared to the same done by CES.

:)

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to clear it again. BS and MS in computer science are considered 4 years BS by WES for me. Where as BBA and MBA (1.5) are considered masters by CES for Affnan.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahhek said:
Just to clear it again. BS and MS in computer science are considered 4 years BS by WES for me. Where as BBA and MBA (1.5) are considered masters by CES for Affnan.
MBA is considered as masters by WES also.

It is a matter with their evaluation of 3+2 study done for Bachelors+Masters Combination.
This is evaluated as 4 years canadian bachelors equivalent by WES.

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
MBA is considered as masters by WES also.

It is a matter with their evaluation of 3+2 study done for Bachelors+Masters Combination.
This is evaluated as 4 years canadian bachelors equivalent by WES.
I have 4+2 for Bachelors and Masters