+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Canadian police certificate, do we need to submit it with our application, or waiting for IRCC to inform us to submit it?

Emilytang

Sep 9, 2021
Hi, Everyone
For country we stayed for more than 6 month, we all need to submit police certificate, the IRCC said that we don't need to submit Canada police certificate at the time of application, instead, we need to submit it upon request by the IRCC later.
My immigration consultant insist that I have to submit the police certificate at the time of application, or the file will be deemed incomplete. I called RCMP, and they all said I need letter from IRCC.
I am confused now, and wonder how you guys submit the Canadian police certificate?
Thank you.

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
I agree best to ask your consultant. My husband never had to submit a Canadian one. He only had to submit his New Zealand certificate and we assumed they did the Canadian one on his behalf. (He was working and living in Canada at the time we filed Outland.)

Can’t say I’ve heard of anyone having to submit a Canadian one.

Reactions: Emilytang

Sandy2020

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hi, Everyone
For country we stayed for more than 6 month, we all need to submit police certificate, the IRCC said that we don't need to submit Canada police certificate at the time of application, instead, we need to submit it upon request by the IRCC later.
My immigration consultant insist that I have to submit the police certificate at the time of application, or the file will be deemed incomplete. I called RCMP, and they all said I need letter from IRCC.
I am confused now, and wonder how you guys submit the Canadian police certificate?
Thank you.
For Canada you don't need PCC. Except Canada where you stayed more then 6 months .

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

For Canada you don't need PCC. Except Canada where you stayed more then 6 months .
1. You don't need to supply a Canadian PCC, if CIC wants it they will request it.
2. As per the instructions "You don’t need to give us police certificates for any period of time before you were 18 years old or for time spent in Canada. "