+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am interested in knowing and finding out if anyone, who applied between May2007 and Dec2007, has received any documents update letter or any other correspondence from CIC London.

Please reply, only, if you are a London Candidate/Applicant whose time line is between the above given dates. (May2007-Dec2007)

Thank You.

BobbyB

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone.?

Will keep u alive till end of Dec. 2009.

The TTL= time to live, for this post is 31.12.2009

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Re: For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update let

Hi Bobby,

i applied in dec 2007 and got my file no in Feb 10 2008.. Still nothing heard from the visa office in London.. My lawyer says i might get a call in Feb/Mar 2010.. But seeing the current changes in immigration laws for FSW they are processing the applications recd after feb 27 2008 faster..If we are lucky we might get a response by this year end.

Regards
Ron

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update let

hronaque said:
Hi Bobby,

i applied in dec 2007 and got my file no in Feb 10 2008.. Still nothing heard from the visa office in London.. My lawyer says i might get a call in Feb/Mar 2010.. But seeing the current changes in immigration laws for FSW they are processing the applications recd after feb 27 2008 faster..If we are lucky we might get a response by this year end.

Regards
Ron
Hi Ron,
Thank you. I appreciate your input. I have been trying to do study the trend of the "request for Document update letter" on various sites, here at the London office, and have come to the conclusion, that it is ca. 22- 24 months from the date of your application, and as such think your Lawyer may be right.

So, let's hope this trend of CIC London continues.

I'll keep you informed as my date of applications is a month and a half before yours.

Bobby

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other

Hey Bobby, what is your current country of residence ?

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other

Kuwait . Bobby what is you current occupation and which job category have you applied ?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IT. I applied with the NOC's 2281, 2147 and 2171 (current). (OLD SAP)
How about you?

hronaque

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Other

Oh gr8 .. category 1212.0 Supervisors, Financial and Insurance Clerks..
I am currently working in a leading investment bank in kuwait ( was once upon a time leading LOL now things are in a pretty bad shape.)
Dude are they ample opportunities in canada in this category. I am an MBA in marketing and finance and completed first level of Securities and Investment Institute Course from UK.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hronaque said:
Oh gr8 .. category 1212.0 Supervisors, Financial and Insurance Clerks..
I am currently working in a leading investment bank in kuwait ( was once upon a time leading LOL now things are in a pretty bad shape.)
Dude are they ample opportunities in canada in this category. I am an MBA in marketing and finance and completed first level of Securities and Investment Institute Course from UK.
To be honest, I don't know. At least for your profession. Maybe someone else can help.
However, I am sure there are a lot of threads as regards jobs in this profession on this forum. I am also sure there are a lot of opportunities in Canada for everybody but, whether everybody will be able to avail the opportunity is questionable.
You just need to do your homework, be an explorer and be ready to adapt and change.

Not everything that glitters is Gold.

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
A very nice topic indeed!! Based on trackitt, there are a few july 2007 aors who are getting
letters for request of docs. BTW my aor is Nov. 2007. Hoping more will respond to this topic.
I am currently based in abudhabi. Thanks!!

Piolo

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
A very nice topic indeed!! Based on trackitt, there are a few july 2007 aors who are getting
letters for request of docs. BTW my aor is Nov. 2007. Hoping more will respond to this topic.
I am currently based in abudhabi. Thanks!!

Piolo
Hi Piolo,

I am not sure whether CIC sends out update request letters based on the AOR Date. I personally think it is based on the date the Application received.

I am yet to find a conclusive evidence that it is the AOR date they use.

altuary

May 31, 2009

Hi, I filed my application on 22nd May 2007 and received a letter from the Embassy on 22nd August 2008, saying I have 60 days to notify if I would like to withdraw and get my fees refunded. If I still want to continue, I should wait for the next letter for the updated information. I applied from London as well, is this the norm?

Thanks

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi Altuary.

Thanks for joining regarding this topic initiated by BobbyB. I also received that
generic letter sometime in August of last year. Good to know what's the latest
on 2007 May to December hopefuls. FYI, I submitted my application Oct. 28, 2007
Aor received Nov. 26, 2007
Represented by Campbell Cohen
Physical therapist from the Phils. and currently based in Abudhabi

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
Hi Altuary.

Thanks for joining regarding this topic initiated by BobbyB. I also received that
generic letter sometime in August of last year. Good to know what's the latest
on 2007 May to December hopefuls. FYI, I submitted my application Oct. 28, 2007
Aor received Nov. 26, 2007
Represented by Campbell Cohen
Physical therapist from the Phils. and currently based in Abudhabi

Thanks for your input, Guys.
I think that this "Generic Letter" was sent to almost everybody (2006-2007 Applicants - those that had not been sent a documents update letter) for Administration purposes .(Sifting and Shortlisting those who were still interested, and also to give a chance to those who would want to apply under the new rules to withdraw their cases and get a refund). I personally didn't see it this way then.

In hindsight , I think this was the reason for that letter.