+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
martha marita said:
Not sure what the london office is doing. They increased the processing time to 44 months in london. Those who applied end February 2008 will be reaching 36 months now. Thats is 8 months to reach the deadline time line. How long will they take to ask for documents, medicals and ppt.
I will be clocking exactly 40 Months tomorrow without any contact, update letter or anything else from them apart from my AOR.
The AOR stated it will take 42 to 48 Months though. I have actually started questioning my sanity, whether I really need to immigrate. This is ridiculous. A very negative experience.
I feel I like I am being held in "Ransom". A dead end, gridlock like situation..................................................................ha..gh!!!!

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
Hi everyone!

I just want to let you all know that we already received our passports w/ stamped visas! Thanks God & thanks as well to this forum!

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their PPRs & visas! :)

Oh!CANADA

Star Member
Aug 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2006
Doc's Request.
Dec 2008
AOR Received.
Feb 2007
IELTS Request
Apr 2009
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Dec. 31, 2010
ahmadtajwer said:
Congrats mate and best of luck for your future endeavours in Canada.
Thanks a lot! You were the first one who wished me luck!

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
Oh!CANADA said:
Hi everyone!

I just want to let you all know that we already received our passports w/ stamped visas! Thanks God & thanks as well to this forum!

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their PPRs & visas! :)
At last!
Relief for you after such a long wait.
Congrats and best wishes.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Congratulations Oh Canada.

I just received an email from cic london saying: regarding an application jan 08.
Thank you for your enquiry.

We regret that we are are unable to estimate when a letter requesting the submission of documents may be sent.

Regarding Temporary Resident Visas:

An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them frombecoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Email: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng

maxpaynestory

Feb 10, 2011
I applied for permanent residence as skilled worker on July, 26 2007 from Pakistan. Now when i checked status of my application on cic website. They have written

"We transferred your application to the London England office on January 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you."

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
martha marita said:
Congratulations Oh Canada.

I just received an email from cic london saying: regarding an application jan 08.
Thank you for your enquiry.

We regret that we are are unable to estimate when a letter requesting the submission of documents may be sent.

Regarding Temporary Resident Visas:

An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them frombecoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

Yours sincerely,
Client Service Unit (LIB)

Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux

Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada

38 Grosvenor Street

London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA

United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca

Email: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx?lang=eng
Hi Martha,
I thought you were already in Canada. Did you request information about a relative or friend of yours?
I think the officials in London are themselves frustrated and don't have clue what the heck is going on. You know, like a typically corporate environment with changes going on every now and then. You cannot make any decision unless the man above does it or gives you the order. Like you review a file, pass your comments, put it in the tray, the floor "postman" comes and pick it up and takes it to the next high ranking person to review and approve and so on. Something like having to do internally training to learn about how to use a new database or a new piece of software.
And, of course, IO's are only doing a job to earn their daily living not because they love immigrants, immigration or Canada.

Moon99

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
maxpaynestory said:
I applied for permanent residence as skilled worker on July, 26 2007 from Pakistan. Now when i checked status of my application on cic website. They have written

"We transferred your application to the London England office on January 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you."
I also applied in Aug 2007 and now e-cas shows '"We transferred your application to the London England office on January 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you."
Kindly be in contact with me on my e-mail address

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
Moon99 said:
I also applied in Aug 2007 and now e-cas shows '"We transferred your application to the London England office on January 20, 2011. The London England office may contact you."
Kindly be in contact with me on my e-mail address
Hey Moon99, @ least they've added a few lines to your status after almost 3.5years, so don't worry in another 3.5 years you'll get your docs update letter and then you ecas or your "GCMS" or whatever it will be called then, will read,
"We have received your documents". "The IO will contact you for more documents later so that you don't get upset and bored. In the mean time keep your fingers crossed" - LOL ::)-Just Jokin

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ottawa-case-pilot-office-for-2007-london-applicants-only-t36894.0.html;msg603888#msg603888

KShahid

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 10
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Aug 10
Med's Done....
Aug 10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 10
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11
LANDED..........
Last week of March 2011. (Alhamdolillah)
Hello Friends,

Finally got the visa in 3 years and 9 months.

KS