+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:
Hey BobbyB, hows it going on your side? Hope all is well.
Hi "Maaties",
Greetings Man.
Just came back from Summer Hols. Still no movements, not expecting any either though. "Man no die, Man no rotten, life goes on!"
How about you?
"Are you(we) there yet" -just like the donkey will say in Shreck (LOL).!!

BobbyB

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
well i have medical request so i am doing it. But i got a job in london and back home. Decided to go back home for now. Not sure if i will take advantage of CA PR one day (assuming i get it). You are right, whether one gets it or not, life goes on.

Shreck :)

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Hi BobbyB,

Thanks!! At least you are back and nice to hear from you again.
I still hope and pray for London office to send UL before the year ends.

Piolo

Bobby1

Jan 9, 2010
hi guys
Please share us your information & knowledge about the comprehensive list of documents
ielts- any set score required for this ?
savings- bank account, again is there any set amount to be shown in the bank account.
kind regards

woodmans

Aug 6, 2009
HI Bobby1,
Here is some information for you!
My agent has sent me a copy of the doc request, so here are the docs required!
Birth, adoption, marriage, divorce and /or death certificates for yourself and dependents (even if they are not accompanying you).
Two recent photos of yourself and each dependent.
Copies of educational credentials and marksheets/ transcripts for you and your spouse.
Work experience documents...employment letters, contracts, payslips, job description endorsed by Personnel department covering the past 10 years.
Evidence of language ability IF you are claiming points for a language which is not your first language (IELTS test)
Documents relating to relatives in Canada IF you are applying as a relative.
Proof of settlement funds..document evidence for your assets/money.
Police Clearance certificates (originals)
Passports and/or travel documents (copies)

Hope this is helpful, our agent has told us to get all these together now apart from the police certificates which are time sensitive so should be done when they send the request. As regards time, our agent says that the usual is between three and six months for a final answer after the documents have been recieved by them, six months being the longest they have had to wait, so not too bad! Our AOR is november 2007, so all you guys are not alone! Keep this thread alive, it is good for us to encourage and empathise with each other, it certainly is a big lesson in patience!
Sarah xx

woodmans

Aug 6, 2009
Bobby1, here are the settlement funds required...it took me a while to find them!
$11,086 for one person
$13,801 for two people
$16,967 for three people
$20,599 for four people
$23,364 for five people
$26,350 for six people
$29,377 for seven or more people.
These are from the CIC website so should be bang up to date! I don't know much about the IELTS tests as we don't require them, maybe someone else knows about them? Keep smiling ;)
God bless you all, Sarah xxxxx

scorpiohams

Aug 30, 2010
Manchester, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I am about to start the application process under the FSW program but shocked to find out that it could take up to 3+ years for processing (based on the posts of some members of this forum). I find that quite disheartening.

ramuk

Star Member
Jul 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hai everybody

Any recent updates for june2007 to december 2007 london applicants.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
scorpiohams said:
Hi guys,
I am about to start the application process under the FSW program but shocked to find out that it could take up to 3+ years for processing (based on the posts of some members of this forum). I find that quite disheartening.
You read the new rules its roughly 1 year based on the 29 job lists but from July 10 its not guaranteed only 1000 will go through per profession. correct me pls if am not right.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Hey Bobby, good to see you back in actions. How was your hols. and where did you go ? I suppose not Canada ?
Sorry for the late reply - We've had a long weekend here in the UK (Bank Holiday). Hope all is well with you.
No, I was not in Canada but in Europe (Italy, Switzerland and Spain) and had a great time with the family.

How far are you with the "Ottawa experiment". Hope it all goes well for you and others ASAP.

BobbyB

Bobby1

Jan 9, 2010
Hi guys,
It gives immense delight to see people empathizing and helping others, perhaps trying to earn a big reward. Thanks for this information woodmans, regarding the educational and work experience documents, do we have to submit the originals or the photocopies would do with or without authentication
Job description with endorsement by personal department was beyond my understandings, does it mean we have to get the documents endorsed/authenticate by our own department and employer
six month duration past submission of all the documents is acceptable but mailing the passport for up to six months would be a long time
may be the count down has begun for some of you............ new continent...new life... lets see.... as if we r born again.........
cheers

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
It is so nice to see that this thread is still going.
I am now waiting for my passport request. Sent my medicals in July 2010, but I read that quota for 2010 has been reached and they may not start requesting passports until Dec/Jan.
How are you all.
The Ottawa experiment since to be doing their job, however, we we asked to send medicals to London, which makes sense, but that means we are back in their hands...

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
BobbyB said:
Sorry for the late reply - We've had a long weekend here in the UK (Bank Holiday). Hope all is well with you.
No, I was not in Canada but in Europe (Italy, Switzerland and Spain) and had a great time with the family.

How far are you with the "Ottawa experiment". Hope it all goes well for you and others ASAP.

BobbyB
Hey Bobby, good that you are back, hmmm so went to all the nice places than. Nothing from Ottawa yet, only one applicant edupolo has received his medical request within 3 months of doc submission but all the others are waiting. 2nd AOR that we received from Ottawa stated that 80% of applications finalised by Ottawa are within 10 months so see how it goes. I sent my full docs on 7th May 2010.

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

My AOR is of Nov, 2007, and I am still waiting for update letter from CHC London, can anyone have an idea till when we would receive the update letter!!!

thanks