+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

julius128

Jan 19, 2010
Yes that is great, congrats edupolo and thanks for let us know.
I am in Nov 2007 as well and hope the process of old applications went live again.

Cheers mate

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
edupolo said:
Hello,
We finally got our document request letter today.
It was posted on 18 February 2010.
Now we have 120 days to send these documents. I think that Immigration Canada has finally realised of their huge backlog, and they have made some changes to the process. This is what the letter stated:

"As part of the Governement of Canada's Action Plan for faster immgration to reduce the inventory of Federal Cases, your application is part of a small group of files that has been transferred to The Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa to speed up processing of your application"

Hopefully, this means that they finally want to finish all of our all cases and an increase of document requests will be sent soon for those between Sept 2007 and February 2008.

I have already updated my trackitt profile also.

I hope that this cheers some of you up, I know I was starting to get really anxious about it, but this has given me new hope now, and a lot of stuff to do!!!
Good for you. I was a London 2007 applicants who got his AOR on August 2007. I received an update request on Jan 17 even though the letter was issued Nov 2. So I had only 55 days to do everything since they needed it by March 2. My office wanted me to give everything by Feb 20. I have still the employment letter pending as of now with tomorrow or day after being the time I am to receive it and hand it to my office.

It will be Feb 22 or 23 by then. My office has to do some translation for some of my documents. I am not sure if they will make it be March 2 given that February this year is only 28 days!

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Bigmo said:
Good for you. I was a London 2007 applicants who got his AOR on August 2007. I received an update request on Jan 17 even though the letter was issued Nov 2. So I had only 55 days to do everything since they needed it by March 2. My office wanted me to give everything by Feb 20. I have still the employment letter pending as of now with tomorrow or day after being the time I am to receive it and hand it to my office.

It will be Feb 22 or 23 by then. My office has to do some translation for some of my documents. I am not sure if they will make it be March 2 given that February this year is only 28 days!
..Bigmo,... you might run out of time on this matter,... I suggest you write to the CHC now and tell them exactly what happened, ie the Update Request Letter was dated Nov 2, but you received it on Jan 17, meaning you lost about 75 Days in this step. Of course, if you feel you are able to do catch-up, it's fine,... but it is still better that you inform them of this postal delay,....

Another reason for informing them would be so that this postal delay does not happen again in future,...

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
This is really good news as some of the old rules applicants are getting requests.I hope the pace builds up and all the old cases are finalised! Guys lets pray for it to happen faster!

By the way where is BobbyB?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
It's not really a good news, FrenchAsian applied back in Aug 2007 and letter was issued on 2nd Nov., that was the last of letters they issued to July/Aug 2007 applicants and nothing after. As per my understanding, FrenchAsian has applied through a lawyer/consultant. They kept his letter for long and didn't tell him and if that's the case, i doubt if CIC will extend anymore time for Doc. submission. I am quite disappointed now for Sept/Oct 2007 applicants as no update from last 5 months (as i'm one of them) :( Bobby was quite active a while ago but since Bobby B has received a reply from CIC, he doesn't check Canadavisa anymore, isn't it Bobby ? :-\

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Pls. visit trackitt, I just saw one more applicant for Sept. 2007 and he got the letter to
update documents this February 2010. I am quite hopeful this will go on.

BobbyB pls. come out and say your piece !! We miss your posts!!!

Piolo

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
ahmadtajwer said:
It's not really a good news, FrenchAsian applied back in Aug 2007 and letter was issued on 2nd Nov., that was the last of letters they issued to July/Aug 2007 applicants and nothing after. As per my understanding, FrenchAsian has applied through a lawyer/consultant. They kept his letter for long and didn't tell him and if that's the case, i doubt if CIC will extend anymore time for Doc. submission. I am quite disappointed now for Sept/Oct 2007 applicants as no update from last 5 months (as i'm one of them) :( Bobby was quite active a while ago but since Bobby B has received a reply from CIC, he doesn't check Canadavisa anymore, isn't it Bobby ? :-\
Hi Ahmad,... thank you,.. well, just to clarify on a small error here, it was Bigmo who encountered the above events, not me,.. I was merely advising him to inform The CHC of this delay in receiving,... I will not worry, for judging form the posts seen recently, I think the CHC is going to finalise ALL old applicants in due time,... I am sure ALL OLD applicants will be given a chance to qualify,.... read the other threads too,... some who applied in Nov/Dec '07 are beginning to get their Doc Update Reqs,...

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Thanx FrenchAsian, i should have wrote Bigmo but i put ur name instead by accident. Wow nice to hear that people have started getting their letters like in edupolo's case, i am quite delighted to hear that and you don't know that you have lighten up my day. there was good news in edupolo's letter that applicants will be fast tracked now hopefully. I am keeping my fingers crossed to receive my letter soon. Hoping for best.

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
FrenchAsian said:
..Bigmo,... you might run out of time on this matter,... I suggest you write to the CHC now and tell them exactly what happened, ie the Update Request Letter was dated Nov 2, but you received it on Jan 17, meaning you lost about 75 Days in this step. Of course, if you feel you are able to do catch-up, it's fine,... but it is still better that you inform them of this postal delay,....

Another reason for informing them would be so that this postal delay does not happen again in future,...
Tonight I would submit everything I need to do. So they got like 7 days to deliver it. I will talk to them today and inform my office to include some letter before they send evetything saying there has been a delay in me receiving the update letter. However i got the feeling it was my agents who delayed and so its not the immigration fault.

Anyways I think I will make it since all the documents are submited by tonight.

It cost me quite a bit actually. I am dead broke.

Ha ha ;D

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Good luck Bigmo! You did your part quite well. Pls. keep us posted
on the development of your case.

Piolo

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I am also in same boat.
on 22 Feb 2010, my e-case change to decision made.
Hope to get passport back
good luck for all 2007 applicant (London)

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi, as you know I just got the document request letter and I have a couple of questions just in case you guys have come across answers, I know I havent.

First, the proof of funds in Canadian Dollars: Both my banks in the USA and the UK cannot provide me with a letter stating my available funds in a different currency other than US dollars or British Pounds. Do you think they would accept this with a letter from myself stating the current currency exchange?

Also, they ask for 10 years of work experience paperwork from application date (September 2007), I am only claiming points for my job that I have had since April 2001. Before that, I never had like a really great position that is worth mentioning as I was working as a freelancer. What are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi Edupolo,

Congrats again for that, i am hoping to receive mine soon and wait for postman to drop my brown envelope everyday. As far as your savings are concerend, it doesnt have to be in CADs, you can get a letter from bank/bank statements with ur current balance and send with ur docs., it should be at equivalent to the required amount in CAD, exchange rates always changes so visa officer will calculate it themselves, it's always good to have bit extra funds in ur accounts.

For ur work experience, u have to show docs. of only work that you have shown in your application forms, rest of it is upto you to show or not, you can show rest of the years as gap years..... It's all my opinion not an expert's advise.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hi All,

I received following reply from CIC when i enquired about Doc Req letter:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The application was received on 20/09/2007.

The letter acknowledging receipt of the application for permanent residence explained that the processing times for the skilled worker category is 42-48 months. Your application is still within our standard processing times.

When an application is ready to be assessed by an immigration officer, we will sent a letter giving you 90 days to prepare and submit updated documentation in support of the application. Note that it is advisable to start gathering supporting documents before you receive this request to ensure there will be no delays to the submission.

You are not required to advise us of any changes to personal circumstances until this letter has been received, unless it relates to a change in contact details or appointment/cancellation of a paid representative.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post to the applicant to the mailing address on file. It is important therefore that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We are unable to provide any further information at this time.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)"

Eudopolo you were lucky to get urs mate :(

Bigmo

May 24, 2009
Last night I finished my precedures and submitted all necessary documents. So now its all up to the Candians. I only had 5 weeks to do everything since I got my update request letter more than two months after it was issued.

But now its all clear. Deadline is March 2 so there is enough time for my office to submit the documents.

By the way I got a message in my mobile saying that the FBI received my fingerprint document about three days ago. I sent it via DHL. I will be taking the IELTS exam on March 19. By then hopefully all pending documents(police clearance) would ahev been finished. This time I just sent the proof of doing these procedures and signing up for IELTS. My office says after they receive all documents it will take another 5 months before I receive medical request. So I am looking at a seven month process(after March 19) if everything goes well.

So maybe by end of October or beginning of November.