+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Hi,

I got the generic letter in June 09 after returning from UK.My application was sent to Accra in OCT 04 and filed in FEB O5 through a consultant.I just hope things moved faster on the old system.

Tina

orchan_pasha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Every where other then home!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Bobby,
I know exactly how you feel as I've been there well before you. My friend, they started processing my case on 7 March 2006 and I did all necessary documents including medicals and PR visa fees and every other thing that you can think of. And I still get this email from CHC London when I wrote to them requesting to know where I stand this month (Jan 2010) they tell me that your case is subject to routine background inquiries; can you believe it? After all these years and it's still pending routine background check... believe I'm so frustrated now and my whole family is so as well. They keep saying that they want immigrants; well it seems that they're doing nothing what so ever to facilitate this idea in the minds of people like us who were naive enough to believe them and apply. I keep hearing that this is nothing compared to the discrimination we will witness once they open the door of their heavens to us. Next March 7 will be exactly 48 months since they started processing my application. Between me & you I don't think that any change will happen even then, we just have to wait & wait & wait & wait & wait and it's really really getting on my nerves now more than ever.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orchan_pasha said:
Hello Bobby,
I know exactly how you feel as I've been there well before you. My friend, they started processing my case on 7 March 2006 and I did all necessary documents including medicals and PR visa fees and every other thing that you can think of. And I still get this email from CHC London when I wrote to them requesting to know where I stand this month (Jan 2010) they tell me that your case is subject to routine background inquiries; can you believe it? After all these years and it's still pending routine background check... believe I'm so frustrated now and my whole family is so as well. They keep saying that they want immigrants; well it seems that they're doing nothing what so ever to facilitate this idea in the minds of people like us who were naive enough to believe them and apply. I keep hearing that this is nothing compared to the discrimination we will witness once they open the door of their heavens to us. Next March 7 will be exactly 48 months since they started processing my application. Between me & you I don't think that any change will happen even then, we just have to wait & wait & wait & wait & wait and it's really really getting on my nerves now more than ever.
Hi Pasha,
Here is another side of the same coin:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/2007-applicants-to-chc-in-london-has-anybody-received-pr-visa-lets-share-t33138.0.html;msg208219#msg208219

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Bobby,... guys,... I have one thing on my mind here,... I think different CHC offices in different parts of the world behave differently (under the old rules),.... could be that some 2007 applications could have been frozen in some CHCs, whilst in other CHCs, these could still be pending and waiting for their turns,...

Then again, rules change always,... Bobby, your turn might be coming next,....

I read in one of the postings somewhere here : if the CHC does not want us anymore then I would believe they will give us a refund, right ? If that refund letter comes along, then we know we are not for it anymore. Other than that, the hopes are still there.

...anyway, what's the big hurry, guys,... ? ...just go on with our everyday lives and wait for the thing,... it's not like if we don't go by this year, we will have to face a firing squad, right ?

samsal

Feb 3, 2010
Hey guys

I just joined this forum after being struggling to get some answer for my excessive delay.
I submitted a simplified application for me and my family in November 2007, i'v got only the receipt of the fees along with the file number, one and a half month later. Nothing since then!!!

I have asked them many times, by email, and they keep saying that my application is under process. Do i have to worry about this delay espacially that 2 of my friends who had applied one month before me and now they have already received their letters and they are preparing the documents...

Thanks

Samsal

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello

Are you sure that your friends have received their document letter? Did they apply to the London office?
If you applied in November 2007, that means that they applied in October 2007.

I applied in september 2007 and still have not heard anything, which i think that according to trackitt.com it is normal, but now that you mention this, I am starting to get a bit worried that they may have skipped some people from September.

Anyone here in this forum will not be surprised that you have not heard anything if you applied in November 2007... we are expecting that if you applied then, you may hear from them in 3 or 4 months from now. all this depends because no movement has been seen since early november 2009.

Please let us know about your friends and their actual AOR and/or application dates

Thank you in advance

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Samsal,

Pls. reply re edupolo's question about your friends. Got interested too, if that was the case
then the files are moving for late 2007 applicants. My file is Nov. 2007 also. Thanks a lot.

Piolo

idriss808

Jan 5, 2010
Hello Booby,

how r u doing.havent heard from u.any updates.And this is my number 07872927880.give me a call.Inform me if u hear any updates

thanks,
idriss

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
Yeah,... waiting to hear from Bobby too,... and what his comments are on the fact that in different parts of the world, the CHC's might be on different timelines and behaving differently,....

Secondly, I understand from the CIC website that applicants who apply after April 1, 2009 need to submit their initial application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Canada, which means; bypassing the local CHC Office. Thus, the local CHC Office would have time on their hands to process the backlogs that were submitted to them prior to this date, which is inclusive of the applicants who applied under the old rules, ie before Feb 28, 2008.

samsal

Feb 3, 2010
Hey Edu Polo and others

Sorry for replying late, i couldn't catch my friend until tonight.
he told me that he has applied in July 2007 ( sorry it was my mistake to frighten you), and he received the letter on october 2009. now he submitted his papers.

but is it proportional? i mean for my friend it tooks 2 years 3months. so for me for example if we make the same calculation, applied in November 2007, so i must receive it in February 2010. so why you are expecting it for me in another 3-4 months?

sorry again for the mess..

Samsal

idriss808

Jan 5, 2010
hello bobby where are u. Dont be dishearted u will be getting a docs request
soon and same shall we.by the recent posts seems like it is 27-28 months in case of old applicants.please give ur reviews.

Every one ur advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Idriss

hopefuldxb

Jun 2, 2009
What is going on with the London Office and applicants under the simplified application process?

I sent my documents to them in July 2009 and now here it is 7 months later and I have not heard one word from them........I thought once the documents are submitted it only takes them a couple of months to send the medical requests....

really frsutrated

FrenchAsian

Star Member
Aug 25, 2009
hopefuldxb said:
What is going on with the London Office and applicants under the simplified application process?

I sent my documents to them in July 2009 and now here it is 7 months later and I have not heard one word from them........I thought once the documents are submitted it only takes them a couple of months to send the medical requests....

really frsutrated
I have a gut feel here that if the CHC needs time to verify our documents,... then that's where the delay comes about. I see some people get replies very quickly, and some need to wait like forever,... I believed if our documents are complete, do not need much verification, and are "in-sync" with one another, then the IO does not need to do much,... thus being able to reply quicker and furthermore : DO NOT NEED to request for further documents.

All translating into quick processing. I am open to corrections in my theory above,... it's jst a gut feel,.... am I right ?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hello,
We finally got our document request letter today.
It was posted on 18 February 2010.
Now we have 120 days to send these documents. I think that Immigration Canada has finally realised of their huge backlog, and they have made some changes to the process. This is what the letter stated:

"As part of the Governement of Canada's Action Plan for faster immgration to reduce the inventory of Federal Cases, your application is part of a small group of files that has been transferred to The Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa to speed up processing of your application"

Hopefully, this means that they finally want to finish all of our all cases and an increase of document requests will be sent soon for those between Sept 2007 and February 2008.

I have already updated my trackitt profile also.

I hope that this cheers some of you up, I know I was starting to get really anxious about it, but this has given me new hope now, and a lot of stuff to do!!!

piolo

Star Member
Mar 30, 2009
Wow!! This is good news!!!! Congrats edupolo!!!

Hey BobbyB, pls. come back, the thread you initiated is again alive.
Thanks for sharing this with us edupolo. I am Nov. 2007 applicant.

Piolo