+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Damn. Not sure how I missed this.
Its really a very frequent mistake,id say that u should wait and see,they could start processing the file or return it,i hope that they will not do that for you,because its really a shame,once someone did the complete application to get a return for a small mistake like that.

Hman1

Oct 14, 2017
@dpenabill how would u range/ measure missing mentioning immigration status in another country such as studnet visa not mentioned in my case. is it more scrunity or something closer to incomplete application

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I sent my application with a mistake,the calculator of presence day i did it like 4 days ago but i signed only today while sigining my application before sending it,and they said that the signing date of the calculator should Match the calculator,...its really a dumb mistake,...do u think they will return my application for something like that ?
You just have to sign the application form and presence calculator the same day.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
You just have to sign the application form and presence calculator the same day.
Are you sure ? because i think that the simulated date that you sign has to match also the signature date ...mine is like 4 days later(calculation are based on a subtimmted app 12/10 ,and i signed 16/10.... so i have normally 4 days more in the count....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Are you sure ? because i think that the simulated date that you sign has to match also the signature date ...mine is like 4 days later(calculation are based on a subtimmted app 12/10 ,and i signed 16/10.... so i have normally 4 days more in the count....
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp
"Sign and date the application form with the signature you use on other official documents. Make sure the dates and signature are the same on your application form and printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculator."

Reactions: jsm0085

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp
"Sign and date the application form with the signature you use on other official documents. Make sure the dates and signature are the same on your application form and printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculator."
This is the part im talking about :

if you meet the physical presence requirement, print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1). If you attach a copy, you do not need to complete the How to Calculate Physical Presence form (CIT 0407). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same. The date you sign your application cannot be in the future, and it cannot be more than 90 days before IRCC receives it.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Yes, so far u s
This is the part im talking about :

if you meet the physical presence requirement, print the calculation and attach a copy to your Application for Canadian Citizenship under subsection 5(1). If you attach a copy, you do not need to complete the How to Calculate Physical Presence form (CIT 0407). Make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on the calculation printout are the same. The date you sign your application cannot be in the future, and it cannot be more than 90 days before IRCC receives it.
Remember that the application date is on your printed online presence calculator.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Yes, so far u s

Remember that the application date is on your printed online presence calculator.
Yeah thats the thing,i printed my presence calculator like 4 days before signing the presence calculator and my application,so the date simulated as the ''aplication date'' is like 4 days ago...im not sure you get the problem im having ,and im sorry for my english,im a french speaker ...

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Yeah thats the thing,i printed my presence calculator like 4 days before signing the presence calculator and my application,so the date simulated as the ''aplication date'' is like 4 days ago...im not sure you get the problem im having ,and im sorry for my english,im a french speaker ...
Have u submitted?

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
yes i have,otherwise i would have changed the dates to match the simulated date ....
Well...the only thing one can do at this stage is to wait and see if they let it go or return it. AOR should start rolling in first week in Nov.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
It appears there are many who rushed applying and are now in a wait and see how it goes mode.

Hopefully some AOR reports will help to put some of the ambiguities and gaffes into perspective, but those are not likely to happen for a few more weeks, and there are so many variables at best they will only offer some idea about things can go, not much about how things are likely to go let alone how they will for sure go.

For those still in the process of preparing their applications: slow down, relax, read the instructions again, and then again, do rough drafts and scrawl "ROUGH DRAFT" across them (so a rough draft does not accidentally get put in the envelope), set the drafts aside for at least a day. Even better to do a completely separate rough draft and compare the rough drafts. A little concentration and patience at this stage can save a lot of anxiety and consternation down the road, and get you to the oath sooner.

how would u range/ measure missing mentioning immigration status in another country such as studnet visa not mentioned in my case. is it more scrunity or something closer to incomplete application
Assessing particular omissions in the abstract is near impossible, since so much depends on the context, including particulars (date, duration, relationship to other information, among many more variables). Even an expert (which I am NOT) cannot reliably assess something like this without a lot, lot more information, and even then that would at best offer a range of risks and possibilities. And on top of that, how a particular total-stranger-bureaucrat will perceive it, one can guess but little more.

My comments above about incompleteness are not about how complete the applicant's information is, but about filling the form out completely and attaching all necessary documents. The completeness check only looks for things like the failure to check off or respond to this or that item, or for gaps in work or address history.

Substantive omissions, like failing to disclose work history (especially abroad) or school history (especially abroad) during the eligibility period, are not the subject of a completeness check. The substance of reported history is examined and assessed in the general assessment phase.

Similarly information about having status in other countries.

For these things, when (the date) matters. A student visa prior to the eligibility period should not be a big deal. A student visa during the eligibility period but during a time period the applicant accurately discloses presence and absence from Canada should not be too serious an omission, unless there is something indicating the applicant was abroad in school at a time the applicant was in Canada. These are just isolated examples of other circumstances which can factor into how someone at IRCC is likely to perceive the omission, if and when they discover it of course. (Probably best to bring it up during the interview if IRCC has not already discovered and asked about it, correct the information, and explain the mistake.)

And as noted before, things are relative. Failing to disclose permanent resident status in another country is far more likely to cause concerns than failing to disclose a temporary resident status, since a person with permanent resident status in a country is, of course, more likely to spend time in that country, have ties in that country, compelling IRCC to scrutinize the applicant's history more closely . . . and of course, forgetting to disclose an old student visa does not hint so much that it was deliberate whereas failing to disclose PR status elsewhere is something few would forget about, suggesting its omission is more likely deliberate.

Overall: the omission of this probably is a minor issue. What probably matters more is whether or not, in the scheme of the whole application, it appears to be an innocent oversight or not. How a mistake or omission affects IRCC's perception of the applicant's credibility is huge but very difficult to predict . . . except, of course, big omissions of important details, those are bound to make a very negative impression and seriously compromise the applicant's credibility in the eyes of a total-stranger-bureaucrat at IRCC.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent my application with a mistake,the calculator of presence day i did it like 4 days ago but i signed only today while sigining my application before sending it,and they said that the signing date of the calculator should Match the calculator,...its really a dumb mistake,...do u think they will return my application for something like that ?
As long as the application date you selected matches the date you signed it, it's fine. It doesn't actually matter when you entered or printed the information.

Reactions: irieempress

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
I am planning to send my application today, have following queries which i think someone can resolve who already sent the application:

1). I don't have email id of employer. do you think its mandatory, i am providing phone number & other info.
2). Minor application form has different mailing address mentioned than adult application, i.e. it has "Grant Minor" or "Grant Adult" at the end, rest address is same. As per minor application, we should be sending it along with parents application. i want to know how other people has sent the application with minor applying.

Thanks...

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
jacZ - I think it will be ok if you sign the application form and presence calculator after the date you calculated your eligibility period. It says on the application form beside the signature section: "IMPORTANT NOTE: Remember to make sure you that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sign this application", so that suggests you could sign it the day (or days) after you do your eligibility calculator, so long as you sign both the eligibility calculator and the application form on the same date. I realise that this contradicts what it says on the actual eligibility calculator so it is another confusing area but it hopefully won't result in the application being returned