+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

glob

Oct 6, 2017
Question 11.
I put "Yes" checkmark for "I was employed", but forgot to explicitly specify "No" for other options such as "I was in school".
Hopefully, it's not a big issue because I was continuously employed by the same company during my whole stay in Canada.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I think this is not just for eligibility period, I would call the CIC call center and asked them before answering this question.
Why? I don't understand the point... Q 16.4 states: are you now or have you EVER been. Ever implying that it does not only pertain to the eligibility period.

Reactions: nofrills

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
With all these app threads, I had a dream that I have to send more paperwork. I woke up and while sipping my coffee, scrolled through the sent app I had scanned. Its so strange your own eye can deceive you after rechecking everything, I misted inserting "Years" besides the taxes, so just check boxes and no year
Luckily, I had posted this yesterday ( Sunday ) at Canada post, so they didn't pick it up yet. I rushed at 9AM opening time, had them open the package and inserted the correct page.
Wow, after so much preparaton

Reactions: jsm0085

samm2

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
With all these app threads, I had a dream that I have to send more paperwork. I woke up and while sipping my coffee, scrolled through the sent app I had scanned. Its so strange your own eye can deceive you after rechecking everything, I misted inserting "Years" besides the taxes, so just check boxes and no year
Luckily, I had posted this yesterday ( Sunday ) at Canada post, so they didn't pick it up yet. I rushed at 9AM opening time, had them open the package and inserted the correct page.
Wow, after so much preparaton
Do you have to just write 2014,15 and 16 and select yes to filed taxes.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Do you have to just write 2014,15 and 16 and select yes to filed taxes.
Yes, my folks had 2012, 2013 ( Visitor ), 2014, 2015, 2016

So I put not required to 2012, 13 and yes to filed ( we got some GST back )
For 2014. 2015, 2016 ( Required to File ) as Dad was working and ( Yes to Filed Taxes )

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
Guys

can anyone pls help in filling the forms CIT 0002 and CIT 0003.
I completed the forms already but am not sure if they are completed the way they should be? I don't want the application to be returned either. So was just wondering if anybody can help.
If anyone who submitted their application could upload the form so that i could complete it and others can also use it as a reference for completing their forms.

Thanks Guys
Your Help is appreciated.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Guys

can anyone pls help in filling the forms CIT 0002 and CIT 0003.
I completed the forms already but am not sure if they are completed the way they should be? I don't want the application to be returned either. So was just wondering if anybody can help.
If anyone who submitted their application could upload the form so that i could complete it and others can also use it as a reference for completing their forms.

Thanks Guys
Your Help is appreciated.
Where are you stuck? coz when u say upload it means they have to hide the name portions and everyones app is different

princeroi22

Sep 27, 2011
Where are you stuck? coz when u say upload it means they have to hide the name portions and everyones app is different
CIT 0003E-
Ques 1. \
if i replied to 4A what should i do to leave it blank ?
4B ?
in 4A Print your name ? mine or my child's name ?No name
Ques. 2
No change in name. do ineed to put N/A or leave it as is in 5 B and C?
Ques 3
In 8D shall i put N/A ?
Ques4.
He is 3 and have only 1 passport. what would be the ans of ques 9C ?
Ques 5.
I have NO as answer for 9D do i need to put N/A in explanation box ?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
CIT 0003E-
Ques 1. \
if i replied to 4A what should i do to leave it blank ?
You are parent, your name

in 4A Print your name ? mine or my child's name ?No name

Your name

Ques. 2
No change in name. do ineed to put N/A or leave it as is in 5 B and C?

Doesnt matter, either or

Ques 3
In 8D shall i put N/A ?
Are you Citizen? then you need to put your, if you are not then leave it

Ques4.
He is 3 and have only 1 passport. what would be the ans of ques 9C ?

9C is passport copies, so just the part where he has has name, photo and any other passport relevant info

Ques 5.
I have NO as answer for 9D do i need to put N/A in explanation box ?

Doesnt matter
See reply

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Question 11.
I put "Yes" checkmark for "I was employed", but forgot to explicitly specify "No" for other options such as "I was in school".
Hopefully, it's not a big issue because I was continuously employed by the same company during my whole stay in Canada.
@spyfy @dpenabill any idea how big of an issue this is?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
any idea how big of an issue this is?
My GUESS: Not a big issue. Probably not an issue at all.

Real question, however, is whether it will successfully pass the completeness check or be returned. Unless and until we start seeing reports of AOR or returned applications relative to these scenarios, any guess is a wild guess.

(Application being returned is not, in itself, any big deal; in most cases the applicant merely needs to complete the part that was not complete and re-submit the very same application. Only consequence is the inherent delay and the cost of shipping again. Not a big issue. Merely an illustration of the adage that those who rush risk it taking longer to become a citizen.)

Obviously, it is possible this will not pass the completeness screening. Whether or not it is something for which IRCC will actually return the application we cannot know for sure.

What we do know is that scores of people rushed to apply this past week and given the problems (especially vague, ambiguous, and confusing form items) in the roll out, there are bound to be scores and scores of applications with this or that issue, including a large number of deviations and mistakes in the way the form has been completed. The extent to which IRCC will be flexible in the early phase of new applications is a huge UNKNOWN. I anticipate IRCC will exercise a lot of flexibility, in order to make this work as well as possible. But I cannot guess what the actual scope of that will be let alone predict particular parameters, such as whether the failure to check off a box for individual yes/no check boxes will result in the application being returned.

Must say, cannot claim to be surprised by how many have rushed in an apparent effort to be among the first victims of the new rules and form. All those who have rushed can do now is wait and see how this goes, whether the first batch of applicants suffer a relatively minor delay in processing or end up with longer delays.

At the risk of echoing the sound of a tree falling in a forest far from any ears, there is a lot to be said about taking one's time when doing something so important as applying for citizenship. Doing rough drafts and setting them aside for a day or week could save many applicants months of anxieties later.

An Issue-Scale of Sorts:

Toward (hopefully) helping to put various deviations, errors, mistakes, or omissions into perspective, the following is a general discussion about what constitutes an issue and how that, in general terms, can impact the citizenship application process.

This issue-scale, for example, is my best guess as to the range of problems and their impact, arranged from little to big, that is, from not at all much of an issue to the more serious, or "big" issues, and range of consequences. These are listed in the form:
Issue -- Description -- Consequence

Minor incompleteness -- question is whether it results in application not passing completeness check and being returned -- little to moderate delay

Incomplete application -- does not pass IRCC completeness check -- application returned; some delay but no big deal

Minor deviations -- minor misunderstanding of question so response is not precisely what IRCC is asking for -- minimal impact on assessment of applicant, potentially some but should be minimal delay

Minor errors of fact -- minor factual errors or inconsistencies, including one or two slightly off dates in travel history dates -- minimal impact on assessment of applicant, potentially some delay but should be a minimal delay; however, the more or the more significant the error or inconsistency, the greater the risk of elevated scrutiny (see more about elevated scrutiny below)

Incidental or innocent but significant errors, including omissions -- impact depends on the scope of the error or omission -- some elevated scrutiny likely, but the impact of that in turn will depend on many other factors

Substantial errors, inconsistencies, omissions -- impact depends on the nature and scope of error, inconsistency, or omission, but range of impact is more significant than relative to incidental or innocent instances; impact also depends on how IRCC processing agent perceives this, ranging from seeing the applicant as an honest but unreliable reporter to apprehending reason to suspect the applicant's honesty -- for sure elevated scrutiny, ranging from some non-routine inquiries to full blown RQ or even processing it as a presence-fraud-case

Perceived fraud -- processing application as a presence-fraud-case -- extensive and skeptical scrutiny, very long delays (unless fraud is readily established and case moves to a negative outcome quickly), negative outcome will prohibit citizenship eligibility for five years and potentially referred for criminal prosecution

Nature and Impact of Elevated Scrutiny / Risk Indicators; Reasons-to-Question-Presence:

There are many things which can trigger issues, problems, non-routine processing, ranging from things which have a small impact on how it goes to those which knock processing totally off the rails and for which there is a risk of being denied.

IRCC undoubtedly employs a more or less formal list of triage criteria, sometimes known as risk indicators or reasons-to-question-presence, to identify applicants who should be more closely scrutinized.

Contrary to what some profess, most indicators suggest that IRCC processing agents and Citizenship Officers are competent examiners who mostly get it, including the variable situations and nuances of immigrants' lives, including the vagaries of language usage and the impact of completing complex forms in a language other than one's first language. Moreover, IRCC is not engaged in GOTCHA games. Which is to say that IRCC does not ordinarily let small things derail an application.

IRCC is mostly focused on three things:
-- verifying the applicant's information and qualifications
-- identifying reasons to question the applicant's information or qualifications
-- identifying fraud, that is deliberate misrepresentation

Routinely processed applications tend to get rather little scrutiny beyond the overt verification procedures: screening the application to be sure it is complete, consistent, and meets the requirements; screening the applicant and the applicant's documents (test, interview, and documents check); and completing GCMS, RCMP, and CSIS background clearances. In this process, applicant's presence is calculated on the basis of counting all days from date of entry to next day of exit as days present (in effect, inferring the applicant was present in between date of entry and next reported date of exit); occasionally some additional screening is done, such as review of CBSA travel history (this may be done for all applicants), verification of CRA information, FP requests, or such.

For the vast majority of qualified applicants, the question is whether their application will --
-- be deemed complete and put in-process (not returned as incomple)
-- be processed as a routine application (then timely proceeding to the oath), or
-- be subject to elevated scrutiny leading to non-routine processing, which could be, in turn
-- -- relatively minor resulting in a short or moderate delay, minimal inconvenience, minimal risk of encountering further problems, or
-- -- include RQ processing, which tends to lead to long delays (but not always), involves a profound intrusion into the applicant's private affairs and ranges from inconvenient to difficult, and depending on the response to RQ can lead to a negative outcome

Which leads this back to the three things IRCC is focused on, and for legitimate, qualified applicants, the two that are relevant:
-- verifying the applicant's information and qualifications, or
-- identifying reasons to question the applicant's information or qualifications

The second of these is what, to my view, constitutes an issue. I outlined a scale of issues above. Any issue which triggers additional scrutiny can go to the next level if, in conducting that scrutiny, IRCC identifies something which increases the level of concern, which constitutes more reason to question the applicant, either qualitatively or quantitatively.

IRCC is not going to get bogged down chasing minor deviations or mistakes. At the other end of the spectrum, however, any indication that an applicant may have traveled outside Canada more than reported is potentially a big issue. One or two mistakes, well within a buffer, appearing to have been incidental or accidental, will not be a big concern, but that depends on it appearing to have been incidental or accidental.

Thus, trying to anticipate the impact of any particular deviation or mistake is near impossible. Context looms huge. Other factors and circumstances loom huge. IRCC's perception of the applicant's credibility generally, and honesty in particular, loom really huge. But sure, the bigger or more frequent the mistake, the more it is likely to be an issue.

Reactions: razerblade

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
An addendum regarding the scale of a mistake: the seriousness of a mistake depends in large part on how it affects qualifications for citizenship OR how it affects IRCC's perception of the applicant's credibility.

In particular:

The more directly the mistake bears on an essential element of qualification, the more serious it is. A mistake in answering 9.c, for example, will have no bearing on most applicants, and thus should be of little or no consequence. In contrast, failing to include two long holidays from the travel history in the presence calculation, or numerous short trips, even for an applicant with a substantial buffer, tends to invite elevated and strict scrutiny or even full blown RQ.

Credibility: Another category of seriousness has to do with the extent to which the mistake or, more to the point, a misstatement of fact, appears to be deceptive. Perception of deception looming almost as large as actual deception. This typically arises in cases where an applicant fails to disclose employment or businesses abroad in the work history, or where an applicant appears to possibly have a relevant passport which has not been presented to IRCC.

The applicant's perceived credibility is a huge, huge factor in how things tend to go.

Anything which gives IRCC the perception that the applicant is in anyway being evasive, deceptive, or otherwise concealing information, tends to dramatically turn up the heat, so to say.

In contrast, incidental, accidental, or otherwise innocent deviations raise little concern, assuming they are few and minor.

However, scores and scores of tales of woe told in this forum involve what the person reporting describes as a minor and innocent mistake, when an objective observer would likely describe it otherwise. Many of us have a tendency to underestimate or even understate the seriousness of our own errors.

jacZ

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
I sent my application with a mistake,the calculator of presence day i did it like 4 days ago but i signed only today while sigining my application before sending it,and they said that the signing date of the calculator should Match the calculator,...its really a dumb mistake,...do u think they will return my application for something like that ?

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Requirements
  • Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
  • Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
  • Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
  • Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.
Damn. Not sure how I missed this.