+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Hi, guys,
I am being paranoid. Need your advice if I should intercept the shipment.
On my physical calculator and travel document I only indicated travels I had as a PR
I did not include my old trips as a temporary resident (within the qualifying period from 2012 until I got my PR)
I did not travel much (may be 10-15 days the most) but still....

Overall # of days of my physical presence is way more than 1095....

Would you suggest returning the package and getting it corrected first or I am being too paranoid?
What do u think?
I think this is a major mistake. If you miss a presence then it's ok for them because you are claiming less but if you miss an absence then it's considered a big mistake. You are saying multiple trips so the officer will notice it.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi, guys,
On my physical calculator and travel document I only indicated travels I had as a PR
I did not include my old trips as a temporary resident (within the qualifying period from 2012 until I got my PR)

Would you suggest returning the package and getting it corrected first or I am being too paranoid?
What do u think?
This is something that I didn't want to do either, i.e. mention trips I made pre-PR because I have close to 1250 days of physical presence after PR.

However, the calculator doesn't seem to factor this in, and still asks to list your temporary resident status pre-PR and all the trips you took in the last 5 years, so i mentioned everything. Did you mention your temporary status pre-PR ? If you did, then I think it would've been best to mention all the trips as well.

The end result of the calculator nicely shows the split between pre-PR and post-PR physical presence. I hope once the IO realizes we have enough days post-PR to satisfy the 1095 days requirement, they wouldn't bother looking at pre-PR at all.

Depending on the IO, I think the worst case would be that it triggers an RQ, and you definitely don't want that. Has your application already been delivered ? If not, it is best to intercept it.

Last edited:

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Hi, guys,

What do u think?
I think once IRCC checks your travel records from CBSA, they will notice the records don't match which you claimed online. I think this will trigger a RQ, such as ask you providing more info about your travel records.

pclaa.ca

Sep 28, 2017
If you did not mention a trip outside your eligibility time then it is OK. But if your trip was during the time you are eligible then you must write it. It’s a bad mistake.

Natan

May 22, 2015
Hi, guys,

What do u think?
You should intercept your shipment, if you can. The reason this is a big issue is that it undermines your credibility as an honest candidate. Without that credibility, IRCC may want to investigate and validate the assertions in your application. And while you may have been physically present in Canada the required number of days, can you produce stand up in court evidence to support each and every day IRCC contests you were physically present in Canada? Even if you can, would you really want to go through the delays and interrogatories (e.g., RQ) necessary to establish your eligibility?

It is better not to lose credibility. If you can intercept your shipment, you should do so. If not, I recommend either withdrawing your application and submitting a correct one, or amending your application. Under no circumstances should you do nothing and "hope for the best."

Last edited:

Natan

May 22, 2015
I hope this satisfies you, and we can put the discussion of Oct 11 vs 12 to rest permanently.

Thanks to @brianlsf for posting this earlier.
I was fairly, but not completely, convinced by spyfy's posting of the actual legislation that this would be the case, and that the phraseology on the application and in the instructions were not meant to imply that eligibility would be under the old rules. (Btw, a tweet is not a legally binding contract between IRCC and the applicant -- it is not legal advice and does not legally bind IRCC to a specific course of action.)

But because the phraseology on the application and in the instruction manual do, in fact, state that one must be eligible to apply the day before the application is signed, the prima facia meaning, whether intended by IRCC or not, is that one must be eligible under the old rules if one signs it on 11 Oct. For that reason, no one should be insulting OPs, or be short tempered with them, for interpreting IRCC's phraseology to mean exactly what it says -- and this has been my point since spyfy's posting of the legislation.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I was fairly, but not completely, convinced by spyfy's posting of the actual legislation that this would be the case, and that the phraseology on the application and in the instructions were not meant to imply that eligibility would be under the old rules. (Btw, a tweet is not a legally binding contract between IRCC and the applicant -- it is not legal advice and does not legally bind IRCC to a specific course of action.)

But because the phraseology on the application and in the instruction manual do, in fact, state that one must be eligible to apply the day before the application is signed, the prima facia meaning, whether intended by IRCC or not, is that one must be eligible under the old rules if one signs it on 11 Oct. For that reason, no one should be insulting OPs, or be short tempered with them, for interpreting IRCC's phraseology to mean exactly what it says -- and this has been my point since spyfy's posting of the legislation.
For what it's worth, initially, I too interpreted it like you did. I posted everywhere asking the very same question - facebook, twitter, here on this forum ... and consensus was that we simply need to meet the 1095 day requirement on Oct 10.

I'm convinced that my initial interpretation was wrong, and that applying on Oct 11 was the right thing to do.

I think some people are being short tempered, because people keep on asking this same question over and over, even though there are countless threads on it already. All they need to do is search/google it.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi,
I made a mistake?
I landed as PR in SEP 2013 (no any previous status as visitor etc.) and provided all info on forms for the last 5 years and submitted on Oct 12, but in residency calculator I listed absence from date of PR Sep 2013, looks like CIC will send the app back?

Natan

May 22, 2015
For what it's worth, initially, I too interpreted it like you did. I posted everywhere asking the very same question - facebook, twitter, here on this forum ... and consensus was that we simply need to meet the 1095 day requirement on Oct 10.

I'm convinced that my initial interpretation was wrong, and that applying on Oct 11 was the right thing to do.
I hope your application is approved quickly and is processed at the head of the line. I look forward to welcoming you to our Canadian family! :)

Reactions: razerblade

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Please someone clarify this for me. When we submit a family application, two adults and two minors, we have to do the online presence calculator only for the adults isn't it? Not for the minors?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi,
I made a mistake?
I landed as PR in SEP 2013 (no any previous status as visitor etc.) and provided all info on forms for the last 5 years and submitted on Oct 12, but in residency calculator I listed absence from date of PR Sep 2013, looks like CIC will send the app back?
Not quite sure I understand what the mistake is. Sounds to me you came to Canada for the first time on Sep 2013, and that's the period you accounted for in the calculator. What other info from your pre-PR days did you provide on the forms ?

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
I am confused on question on question 9c... I had gone to india once in 2015 for 2 month and for 11 days in 2016. Question 9c asks you if you have lived outside Canada during your eligibility period? If I check yes then it says to fill form citt0177 however when I open this form this is only for the government servants and armed forces people...can someone clarify please and thank you

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I am confused on question on question 9c... I had gone to india once in 2015 for 2 month and for 11 days in 2016. Question 9c asks you if you have lived outside Canada during your eligibility period? If I check yes then it says to fill form citt0177 however when I open this form this is only for the government servants and armed forces people...can someone clarify please and thank you
This has been addressed several times before. While you were in India, did you still have a valid legal immigration status AND a permanent residential address in Canada ? If you answer 'yes' to both questions, then you should tick 'NO' to question 9c because you were simply visiting India (i'm guessing vacation ?). Do mention this trip on your residence calculator along with reasoning.

Reactions: Whocares